Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear ] [DISCONTINUED]

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%.Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Perlite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Maltitol, Phenoxyethanol; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I am really impressed with this liquid foundation! I was looking for something lightweight that could still provide good coverage to the imperfections on my face. I have always used Estee Lauder's Double Wear full coverage foundation but felt it was too heavy and sometimes cakey for my every day use. This foundation promises sheer coverage but believe me, two layers of this and your skin will look flawless. Take it from someone with redness, broken capilaries, dark eye area and acne scars on her face. I was surprised such a liquid foundation could be so pigmented. Its NOTHING like a tinted moisturizer, if that's what your looking for. The cons: It has a super liquidy consistency to it, so you'll have to be extremely careful when dispensing the product out of the tube. Its easy to spill more than needed, which is bad because this product is kind of expensive. I wish they will change the packaging to a bottle with a pump dispenser instead. Also, remember to shake well to mix contents before using.
********************* UPDATE **********************************
Does not last on the face, not even 7 hours! So the advertisement that says it will last 18 hours on the face is pure LIES! It also does not provide a lasting matte finish to the face, because it does not control oil at all! My face is combination-oily and even if I set this with powder in the mornings I will have to blot my face within an hour! And it slides down the face making all my imperfections show by mid day. I find myself reaching for Mary Kay's Time Wise Matte foundation all the time, and it does not let me down! So, $36 for this? No! I feel its a total ripoff! Ask for a sample first!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been able to get my acne under control and am now addressing the scars left behind. I attend university full time and can't be bothered to wear a med-full coverage foundation as there's no point but I also don't want people staring at the red spots on my face while in class. Having had a great experience w/ Teint Idole Ultra(for work), I turned to the next one down in the line.

Fresh wear offers plenty of coverage for a light coverage foundation, the color is spot on and it doesn't turn orange after oxidizing. Leaves a semi-matte finish and promises to be long lasting which I have found to be quite true. I normally skip concealer unless I've got a rather angry spot that requires it. It works well with all my moisturizer and other make up products. Doesn't feel heavy, I do use a primer from Philosophy. While I don't want full coverage, I do want it to last all day and night long. I highly recommend it if you can get your hands on it. Unlike most of the light foundations out there, this one doesn't pour out of the bottle and create a mess. It has more viscosity than, say, Estee Lauder's Invisible Fluid.

I don't believe they have a wide range of colors to offer like they do with their other lines of foundation. They've also since changed their coloring category, I used to be Bisque 7N(MAC NC42 for ref) but am now Bisque 410 Warm. Fresh wear, however, is still on the old coloring category so I think there's a chance that they might discontinue it. Shame really, because I prefer it over my Missha BB cream. BUT you can order through the Lancome website, I'm assuming it's left over stock that they're trying to get rid of. I bought two bottles of Bisque 7N(runs more yellow than pink).

One bottle will last me a good 8 months - a year. I stored one bottle in the fridge, hoping that it won't go off on me. It comes in a squeeze tube and has approx .9 FL OZ which has been my only issue. For a department store foundation, I would expect 1 FULL fl. oz not this shoddy arrangement of .9. C'mon, just give me that last bit. I can probably go one more month with it in there.

I highly recommend this!

on 2/18/2013 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

-Super light weight
-Medium coverage
-Smoothing texture
-Long wearing

-Product tends to spill out of tube due to its water-like consistency. It would work better in a pump.

This is an excellent foundation for someone who doesn't like that "thick" feeling but prefers a medium coverage. The finish isn't too dewy or matte, its a natural finish and gives a nice flawless look to the skin.I like to wear this throughout the summer because it doesn't "melt" off my face like thicker foundations do.I found it wore really well, but I hate the packaging. It can get really messy because it pours out of the tube. If you're going to buy this product be really careful about dispensing it.

on 2/12/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product before I tried it out. Unfortunately, this goes to my collection of the worse foundations I've ever tried. I was expecting this to be a light and daily wearable foundation. Unfortunately this gets really orangey on my face after like 20 mins of wearing, emphasizes on my large pores / acne scars, makes my dried spots look even drier and makes my face looks extremely cakey.

Yes, I've used primer before this foundation...unfortunately doesn't help either.

So far, Dior Nude liquid foundation is the best foundation I've tried so far. Conceals my large pores or acne scars, doesn't go orange on me and looks very natural on my face. I understand that there's a price difference. But trust me, you gotta try out Dior Nude. You'll end up loving it.

on 1/31/2013 7:20:00 AM

This is a very thin foundation. I found it work great in winter and summer (better in summer bc of the thin consistency) on my combo/dry skin. Wide shade range. Looks supremely natural as if you have no makeup all. Medium coverage but build-able. very easy to work with. recommended for those who hates the feeling of wearing a foundation.

Cons: The package lid could be a bit messy because the foundation is so runny that it leaks out easily.

on 1/1/2013 12:46:00 PM

It's great! So smooth and velvety to apply and I think it provides good coverage. It feels really nice against the skin and evens out skin tone well.

on 12/27/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This would be an ideal everyday foundation, but I don't know if I'll use this for special events and photos. I am NC25, extremely oily skin, dark acne scarring, redness throughout face, and sallow, dull complexion. I got this in Buff 6W, which is more or less a match for NC25, leaning more neutral than yellow.

This basically reminds me of a thinner version of MUFE Mat Velvet+ with slightly less coverage. Color range in Lancome is better than MUFE, although I still wish they improved the yellow tones. Although many tout this foundation as being a sheer coverage, I managed to build this up to medium coverage. Still needed concealer for my darkest scars.

I do not believe in primers and don't use them. Wearing this on bare skin and setting it with Mac Prime + Prep powder, I went about 4 hours before shine broke out on my t-zone. Not bad compared to other foundations (I usually get oily within 2 hours for most foundies). By 6 hours of wear, I needed to blot. Finish is natural matte - not radiant, but not flat.

Biggest pro is that it's breathable and very lightweight even if you build it up in coverage. It faded a bit from my nose and chin area and seemed to rub off in some areas after blotting, but that's expected with any foundation. I didn't see it separate or settle into pores. Biggest con is that the finish is not the most radiant. Don't expect a va-va-voom glowy complexion. This is just a simple, everyday foundation to even the skin tone, provide moderate coverage, and get you by throughout the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I would actually give this product a 4.5 if I could, rather than a 4. I always return back to this after going crazy trying to find other foundations, and I'm always shocked by how much I love this. I wear this in Bisque 7N and I have medium, extremely yellow-olive skin, and this matches very well. It might be a hint too pale, but the next color up is not my undertone, and it's nothing a little bronzer can't fix.

Wearability: I use Tarte's 12 hour poreless primer just on my tzone and around that area, and I don't really use primer elsewhere, because you honestly don't need it. I have OILY skin, and this stuff sticks on. Yeah, you'll get a little "glowy", but it's really not oily looking at all.
Coverage: I do use concealer for spots. This covers EXTREMELY well for being so lightweight (and it is pretty undetectable if you can find your shade), but it's still not full coverage. I honestly think that this type of foundation looks better on me than full coverage though.
Price: I don't think it's so expensive, especially compared to Guerlain and Givenchy and YSL (my usual favorites). But I can see how others would think so, and it's something to keep in mind.
I set this with Guerlain Meteorites or lately, Lancome's setting powder, apply my blush, and I'm pretty good to go. It's winter now, and my oily skin has calmed down a little, so I can get away with this combo. But honestly, even in the summer, this holds up really really well. I actually wore this the other day to my LSAT, and when I went to the bathroom during the break, girls kept commenting on how glowing I looked, even though I know I'd been a nervous wreck the few weeks leading up to it.

Overall, I think this is definitely worth it and it's what I keep going back to. The color selection has been fabulous, the formula wears extremely well, and although the coverage isn't exactly what I'd love, it's so fresh looking that I just think it makes me look better somehow.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This foundation is great! I actually found a foundation that fits my shade! I'm tan, so it's sooo challenging for me to find a foundation with the right yellow pigments, and here it is!
I also love that this stuff doesn't break me out!
This foundation lasts long too. I've worn this on looong days, checked my face, and no new breakout in sight. Plus, I'm oily and this foundation doesn't make me look glossy or severe.

on 8/17/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

5 lippies if used on top of Mac prep+prime face protect
3 lippies otherwise (does not prevent oil in the t-zone for me)

Looks natural and glowy. I like it. But My favourite is still Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation (or whatever it's called) because I can use it without primer or powder and it looks perfect and stays on.