American Apparel Nail Lacquer (All Shades)

3.7

I own several bottles of these nail lacquers, they were on a extra-awesome sale and I paid only 1 EUR. per bottle. So I said to myself "Whoa, they're not gonna get any cheaper," Instant purchase.
They're actually great! I have very short and fragile nails and I like to change my polish quite often, so I never noticed severe chipping or stuff like that, the only thing I have to say I disliked was the brush, too long and does not lay the colour even on the whole nail surface but the colors are soooo lovely and dry matte, which came out to be a plus.
My favorite shades are "Hunter", for autumn and colder seasons, but for summer "Santorini" is the best thing ever, sooo bright, actually really reminds me of Greece and IDK, feels like a fresh colour. I loved the sheer top-coat too, useful and clear, definetly would buy again :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Summer Peach and I always get compliments when I wear it. The colour pay off is amazing as it goes on very opaque. You really only need one coat, but I like using two. I would give it 5 stars but it chips pretty easily, so I recommend using a very good top coat to seal it in. Otherwise, it's a great polish. They come a ton of shades too, but my favourite is by far Summer Peach.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought the neon yellow and it drys matte, doesn't apply evenly and just looks terrible. I'm also a qualified nail technician so know how to apply nail varnish no this was the worst id ever tried. Pretty colour but awful formula.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Reviewing the Berry nail color... This isn't the worst polish I've ever experienced and it isn't the worst. The color is really rich which is deff a plus but the consistency of the polish is pretty watery. It takes quite long to dry (even with a quick-dry top coat). And if you don't use a top coat the colors dry matte. Also the brush on these polishes suck. They don't spread the polish well at all. But over all the colors are good and the prices aren't too bad either especially to be bought from American appeal. You just have to move a little slower while painting and wait a little longer to dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

American Apparel has a great selection at an affordable price. I believe the quality is as good as OPI or Essie.I will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Somehow or other I've ended up with a fair number of AA polishes. Pinto, Peacock, and Malibu Green all have separate reviews. The other colors I have are Cotton, Pink Ladies, MacArthur Park, and Passport Blue. The one thing I love about these polishes is that they come in a great selection of colors, but are all basic creme polishes. Of course they have a line of glitter polishes, but it's separate and I appreciate that because sometimes I just want a good creme polish in a funky color. Secondly, the formula on these are amazing. The only color I've ever had to do more than 2 coats on was Cotton, which I fully expected because it's such a light color (and even then I only had to do 3 coats). Normally, if I want to get more than 3 days of wear out of polish (I'm really hard on my nails) I have to use Orly Bonder basecoat, but with AA I don't have to do anything special. Cotton and MacArthur Park I took off on day 6 not because they was wear and/or chipping, but because I was bored. Lastly, I love the packaging. Simple, square bottles that easily fit into my storage containers unlike odd-shaped bottles (NOPI - hate those bottles).

I must first start by saying that this company has THE most amazing colors ever and the brush is THE best on the market as well giving an effortless application. The shine is incredible too. I had absolutely nothing negative to say abot this polish EXCEPT>>>>>>>>> that it chips very very quickly, like on day 3. I have good nails and wear my polish, unchipped, for a week or more. This polish must have a formula that is not chip resistant and that is the reason I gave it a 3 out of 5 on overall rating. Just really annoying that I have to change the polish so quickly. It stayed beautiful for two days. NOT NEARLY LONG ENOUGH!. Does not compare to the wear of ESSIE polishes. But I must say they do win on the colors and shine and ooh laa laa, that brush. Please American Apparel, tweak your formula. You almost got it right!

My favorite thing about AA polishes are 1.) the colors, and 2.) the packaging! There are some really unique and pretty colors in their selection, including in their NEON and Glitter lines. Some stores don't carry all the colors, so look at the full selection online! The packaging is really unique and definitely is a plus, and i'm not usually a sucker for packaging. Check them out! Its good to support products made in the usa!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE: Wear on these polishes is good, no budging at all on my toes. I did use Passport Blue on my fingernails the other day, was disappointed that it had started chipping the next day. I have bought three more though, African Violet, Mount Royal and Smoke Dazle which is a fabulous holographic dark silver. I applied it on Saturday, and today (Monday) it still looks amazing. I actually can't wait to redo my nails!

I am in the UK, and hadn't actually heard of this polish until I went into the store a few days ago. The clothes are, well, not for me - but the polishes are!

I bought American Denim (light blue), Palm Springs (nude), Passport Blue (navy) and a Meteor Shower (gold glitter). They are 17 for 3 in store, 7 each (9 each and 23 for 3 online!) and Palm Springs was a bonus at 3.50 as it is being discontinued.

Today I have used American Denim and Meteor Shower on my toes, I will update on wear on a later date but so far I am very pleased! I like the packaging, don't have a problem with the slim brush (although I do prefer a fatter one) and the coverage is awesome. I definitely could have got away with one coat, but I still did two.

I will be going back once payday arrives!

This polish lasts quite well. I easily got a full week out of it with minimal tip wear, using Seche Vite top coat. I'm not sure what it's dry time would be without Seche. I'm not a fan of the packaging. The brush is long both in stem and bristles, the bristles don't fan well and are skinny. The formula is quite thin. You need to apply carefully as the brush will want to pick up lots of the product which will then want to run down and flood your nails. I call it a two coat application because the first coat goes a bit streaky. I'm sure it would be a one coat application if the brush was better. I'd tolerate it for a unique colour, but wouldn't go out of my way to buy it otherwise.

Popular Polishes