L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Immortelle Divine Cream

3.0

Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG- 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

on 3/27/2018 9:07:00 AM

I had a deluxe sample of this. I am not a cream moisturizer person and usually prefer oils, but thought I would give this a shot for my dry winter skin. I was surprised by how heavily fragranced it was for a facial product. I did not find the fragrance to be very pleasant, it had some undertones that didn't agree with me.
It went on creamy with a slight hint of mild irritation. I woke up to nicely hydrated skin and thought I would keep this in my arsenal. But as the week went on and I continued to use this, my skin got noticeably more dry and dull. Each application felt increasingly more irritating, and by the end of the week, I felt like my skin needed a detox. No glow, and it was very dry and dull. For me, this seems to be one of those products that works great the first time you use it, but destroys my skin over time.

I went back to my face oils and all was well again. I don't think this is a product for sensitive skin. Then I got a load of the price tag and woah. Maybe this might be better without the fragrance, if that is indeed what was causing the irritation. But this very pricey cream made my skin look and feel worse instead of better.

on 8/31/2010 10:37:00 PM

I am a L'Occitane Very Precious Cream (VPC) fan and have found it to help keep my skin moisturized and reduce the look of wrinkles around my eyes and forehead. As I have oily/combo skin, the last time I went to the L'Occitane boutique, the SA recommended I try the divine cream as it is lighter and better than the VPC and gave me a sample.

Well, the cream texture is lighter and spreads more easily across the skin. The price tag ($95.00) is VERY HEFTY :( and so I didn't buy it and stuck with VPC ($75) as both produce very good results for my skin. Fortunately an online skinstore/beauty company had a 20% off sale and I was able to pick this up for $76, which is still pricey.

Well, the first few applications had a funny unpleasant scent and initially I felt like returning it based on the smell. I decided to continue to give it a try and tolerated the scent. My nose must have gotten used to the smell or perhaps the scent faded because the scent wasn't bothersome as I continued to use it. My skin was looking smoother and had a nice "glow".

The directions say to use it AM and PM, but due to the price tag, I just used it mostly in the PM and was still able to get positive results for my skin. I still have a little less than half of the jar left and I have been using it for 5 months already, so the price cost comes out to 25 cents a day. ($76.00 divided by 10 months =$7.60 month, divided by 30 days equals $0.253 a day), basically the price it costs to feed a meter.

Just so you know, results were not overnight, it did take take 2-3 weeks before seeing skin look incredibly smooth when used in conjunction with LUSH Sacred Truth and Love Lettuce fresh masks and Angels on Bare Skin cleanser.

Have got to mention when using this product I was mistaken 2X to be 10 years younger! Definitely a strong re-purchase point for me.

Pricey, YOU BETCHA! If I can get it on sale, I would buy again. Knowing that for some, even the "sale" price can be too much $$, to only to find out it doesn't work for your skin; I strongly suggest considering purchase from some of the online beauty stores that allow for returns/exchanges, which is not possible in L'Occitane boutiques if it's not working for you.