L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Immortelle Divine Cream

3.8

Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG- 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Thank god for MUA...a place for unbiased & impartial reviews! Many brands do not allow negative or critical reviews onto their website. As a previous reviewer has pointed out L'Occitane refused to publish theirs. I've had a similar experience in the past with a different company, and more than just the once. All I can say is if there are way too many glowing reviews on any brands' website - in comparison to what you can find otherwise on the web then take them with a pinch of salt. Often they will sift through reviews and only select the ones that paint the best picture. MUA is one of the very few places where you can come and read both sides of the story.

Anyhow I digress, I came here to write up about the Divine Cream - a product I used some years back in rotation with the Divine Youth Oil. Neither of these products left me feeling wowed in any way. If anything i found the cream slightly more effective than the oil, but at a price...red itchy spots on my cheeks and jawline area after 2 weeks of use. I'm guessing this was down to the Rosemary extract (the same ingredient that brings a rush of short-lived color to your cheeks - due to its stimulating effect on the skin). The Vitamin C in this did give me a glow which was good, and the texture of this cream was light and totally non-greasy. However something in it reacted negatively with my skin, causing bumps in areas I've never had bumps before. Luckily I got this in those little gold sample sachets, like the oil and would definitely not purchase the full size of either...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 3/27/2018 9:07:00 AM

I had a deluxe sample of this. I am not a cream moisturizer person and usually prefer oils, but thought I would give this a shot for my dry winter skin. I was surprised by how heavily fragranced it was for a facial product. I did not find the fragrance to be very pleasant, it had some undertones that didn't agree with me.
It went on creamy with a slight hint of mild irritation. I woke up to nicely hydrated skin and thought I would keep this in my arsenal. But as the week went on and I continued to use this, my skin got noticeably more dry and dull. Each application felt increasingly more irritating, and by the end of the week, I felt like my skin needed a detox. No glow, and it was very dry and dull. For me, this seems to be one of those products that works great the first time you use it, but destroys my skin over time.

I went back to my face oils and all was well again. I don't think this is a product for sensitive skin. Then I got a load of the price tag and woah. Maybe this might be better without the fragrance, if that is indeed what was causing the irritation. But this very pricey cream made my skin look and feel worse instead of better.

on 12/14/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been toying with buying this because of the harsh Canadian winters and I finally caved. I've used it for all of three days and it's really good. I was worried that it would be greasy and break me out but it absorbs completely. I've got combination skin, that's sensitive so there's lots here that can irritate and it hasn't. I use Shiseido sunscreen on top and surprisingly they play well together. At the end of the day when I go home and look in the mirror, my skin doesn't look dehydrated which is amazing. I'll give an update in a few weeks but at this point I'd give it a go. The scent is strong but it wears off so for these results I'll tolerate it.

on 10/14/2017 8:17:00 AM

This is a gorgeous moisturiser, I have combination skin and it leaves me feeling hydrated but not at all greasy. It has a lovely, creamy texture but it absorbs easily into the skin. A little goes a long way with this product, which is good as it is quite a spendy product. It has a strong scent, but to me it smells natural and herbally rather than synthetic or perfumey. While I personally enjoy the scent, it is strong enough that it may not be to everyone's tastes. I believe this is suitable for both day and night use due to its intense hydration and fast absorption. It is a luxurious product which is a lovely addition to any skincare routine. It also has excellent anti-aging properties which are essential in a skincare regime, and it is also available with spf 20 which is great for those of us who live in sunny places, like Australia. This is a must-have product in my opinion! A classic for a good reason.

on 9/11/2016 3:43:00 PM

I tried a sample packet of this and after two nights broke out horribly. For reference, I have sensitive, oily skin and I think it may have been too heavy and fragranced for me. For those with dry skin, the cream does have a lovely texture and fragrance if you'd like to try it, but it's definitely not for me.

on 8/12/2016 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One word amazing! I have dry sensitive skin, and the this was not at all irritating. Finding a face cream for dry skin can be a task as very few provide enough moisture to dry skin. This is a fairly heavy and rich cream, but I didn't find it to be greasy. Night one I applied this after washing and toning, it's moisturizer so there was no immediate wow. Night two I go to cleanse my face, and amazingly my face still felt soft and supple. Day three, knocked my socks off my face looked great mid day, even though I applied this the night prior. The moisture really does last. Typically my skin looks a bit dull by mid day, I was rather impressed. It does contain fragrance from the plant extracts and oils, but nothing artificial. The fragrance is pleasant and not cloying or overpowering. Pricey, but if it fits your budget and you have dry or mature skin, this a great choice. Elegant, classic packaging, looks nice on the vanity.

Buyer beware, this product is awful. It is very greasy and made my skin itch. My negative review on the L' Occitane website was never published so be very weary of all the five star reviews as they pick and choose was goes up on their website.

on 5/19/2016 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

New HG product alert! I don't know what magical fairy dust was sprinkled into this concoction, but I am loving this product. Matter of fact I am kind of mad at how well this works because now all of my other expensive face creams just seem like a joke.

First let's talk about how rich and silky this cream is - its probably the most hydrating cream I have ever used, and it certainly is the silkiest. My face is LUMINOUS when I use this cream. This product is jam packed with hydrating oils and other skin loving ingredients, most of which I believe are organic. This cream is very rich - yet somehow manages to soak into the skin quickly. OK now let's get into the scent: Oh sweet baby Jesus in the baby manger, the scent of honey is so delicious! And it's a very natural scent, nothing artificial at all.

The cons... only one in my book: Pricing. This will set you back $110.00 for a 1.7 0z jar. I know, I know... BUT let me tell ya, I like this stuff so much that I would probably pay double that price in all honesty. My skin has never been so hydrated or looked so good. I can't rave enough about how awesome I believe this cream is.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay beauty seekers, I'm not gonna lie.....this ain't the absolute best cream for your face ever made, but I'm pretty certain that it IS the best smelling one, bar none. Yes, it is soothing, smooth as it glides across your face and neck, and even creamy and moisturizing. What it's not though, is a game changer; those reviews are coming though, my loyal followers. So, why the 4 stars you ask? Based on my aforementioned attributes (those kind hearted ones that mention soft, creamy, smooth...yep, those ones), along with that unbelievable smell that will literally attract butterflies should you find yourself pool or garden-side. It's addictive and has performed a cult like obsession within me that I cannot live without. In conjunction with all my firming serums and lotions, this ones a winner; but not to used in solitude since you'll see little if any real results in your skin's texture and firming ability if expected to pull all the weight all by its lonesome. Ask for a sample at the store and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about here after even one try; you'll be an addict too, I already have my bets on you! Enjoy this treasure trove of delightful flower garden aurora! XOXO

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I found this to be a very good moisturizer for my dry skin, it sinks in quick and doesn't leave a sticky feeling. Only used for a couple of days though (sample pack), so I don't know about long term use. The price is outrageous, so I don't think I'll use again, there are others that are similarly good or better for a reasonable price.