L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream

Filtered by hair type : Other
L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Immortelle Divine Cream

3.7

Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG- 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Thank god for MUA...a place for unbiased & impartial reviews! Many brands do not allow negative or critical reviews onto their website. As a previous reviewer has pointed out L'Occitane refused to publish theirs. I've had a similar experience in the past with a different company, and more than just the once. All I can say is if there are way too many glowing reviews on any brands' website - in comparison to what you can find otherwise on the web then take them with a pinch of salt. Often they will sift through reviews and only select the ones that paint the best picture. MUA is one of the very few places where you can come and read both sides of the story.

Anyhow I digress, I came here to write up about the Divine Cream - a product I used some years back in rotation with the Divine Youth Oil. Neither of these products left me feeling wowed in any way. If anything i found the cream slightly more effective than the oil, but at a price...red itchy spots on my cheeks and jawline area after 2 weeks of use. I'm guessing this was down to the Rosemary extract (the same ingredient that brings a rush of short-lived color to your cheeks - due to its stimulating effect on the skin). The Vitamin C in this did give me a glow which was good, and the texture of this cream was light and totally non-greasy. However something in it reacted negatively with my skin, causing bumps in areas I've never had bumps before. Luckily I got this in those little gold sample sachets, like the oil and would definitely not purchase the full size of either...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 3/27/2018 9:07:00 AM

I had a deluxe sample of this. I am not a cream moisturizer person and usually prefer oils, but thought I would give this a shot for my dry winter skin. I was surprised by how heavily fragranced it was for a facial product. I did not find the fragrance to be very pleasant, it had some undertones that didn't agree with me.
It went on creamy with a slight hint of mild irritation. I woke up to nicely hydrated skin and thought I would keep this in my arsenal. But as the week went on and I continued to use this, my skin got noticeably more dry and dull. Each application felt increasingly more irritating, and by the end of the week, I felt like my skin needed a detox. No glow, and it was very dry and dull. For me, this seems to be one of those products that works great the first time you use it, but destroys my skin over time.

I went back to my face oils and all was well again. I don't think this is a product for sensitive skin. Then I got a load of the price tag and woah. Maybe this might be better without the fragrance, if that is indeed what was causing the irritation. But this very pricey cream made my skin look and feel worse instead of better.

First off, if you have sensitive skin this may not be for you. It does have fragrant oils and may bother you. Second...if you don't?? This stuff is legit! I've tried MANY, many moisturizers from HE to drugstore. It smells lovely and has the most beautiful sheen after applying is just amazing.

It is PRICEY, but I've yet to find a drugstore brand that makes me feel hydrated and honey I've applied Nivea cream straight on my face. This product sinks into the skin and leaves a beautiful glowing surface. Fairly certain it's the glycerin, but I've never had any glycerine containing product look so lovely. Skin is not tacky. Just supple and glowy. Also a little goes a long way, so consider that aspect into the cost.

This is NOT what I would consider anti-aging. I use retinol, glycolics, and other vitamin enriched serums for the anti-aging benefits. Where I've struggled is finding something HYDRATING and THIS is that product for me.

Order samples if you are curious before you take the monetary plunge. I noticed in my search that QVC sells L'occcitane and likely sells really nice packages and a great price.

I recommend it for sure. Just be aware it contains natural, fragrant oils. If you have rosacea or other sensitivities this is likley not for you.

Overall very beautiful. I love it!!!

on 7/18/2015 6:27:00 PM

I feel this product performs for its price point by providing anti-ageing benefits that are visible. The finish is a little oily for my liking but its not heavy so i use this at night. It absorbs well and my skin looks even, nourished and well moisturized. This is much better than the original blue jar version which did nothing so I think the extra price is definitely worth it. I have tried the Youth Oil as well but i felt the Helichrysum Essential Oil (Immortelle oil) content was waaaay down the list and didn't do that much. Also, the serum and eye serum was just OK but nothing as visible as this. By far the cream is the best. I cannot really fault this product except for the open jar packing which allows oxygen and germs in. If this came in an airless pump, it would be perfect. I have gone back to this many times and I recommend you ask for at least 3-4 sachets to try consecutively before you buy since it is expensive.

No I would not replace.
It's fine, it's just too pricey and not impressing me enough to bother again.
UPDATED to another lippy only because it really does do a nice job at night and doesn't break me out. But it is just so darn expensive.
If I was the Duchess and loaded, fine, I'd put in on my elbows and cuticles, okay?

My darling splurged on us at duty free last summer in Edinburgh.
Ironic, as I had carefully packed precisely what I needed so as to have minimal toiletries, and right off the bat he gets us skin sets of the priciest shit in duty free. HA!

The whole set I have used;
Here are my reviews:
The Lotion, which is more of a toner: MEH. Waste of time, just another step!
The serum: MEH. In fact, broke me out. And others, too I see.
The divine cream: BEAUTIFUL. BUT: Expensive as all hell and not sanitary package.
Not even that pretty! Yellow plastic. Um. Okay.
Smells nice, bit greasy finish even if I apply lightly so I can only use as a night cream over my other night treatments. I use it up on my neck now, and whatever, I won't buy again.
Doesn't break me out but that ain't good enough; hasn't done much for me after six months of use. The eye cream is alright but I think it irritates my eyes a bit.
I use the Precious (blue jar) eye cream and like it better.
(same lovely man bought that for me, too.)

on 4/17/2014 10:28:00 PM

This was an indulgence for me but I am very glad I purchased this! I use at night after cleansing and my skin has never looked better :-) I use Aqua-Glycolic Toner in the AM on a cotton pad--a must for me) and my La Roche Posay moisturizer followed by a very light makeup applied sparingly with a brush. I love my Divine Cream and it will last a very long time as a tiny amount covers the face at night. I LOVE the smell!!! An expensive product but so worth it for me as this is the only expensive skincare product I own and it delivers! Will most definitely buy again :-)

**I researched many creams before deciding on purchasing this and was impressed not only by the cream's unique ingredients and many patents but by the number of women who loved it and felt it made a difference in their skin> and now I love it too**

This is a good moisturiser. Although it seems expensive, it lasts a long time, especially if used over a serum. There is nothing wrong with the scent or the jar. It is a light cream, suitable for all skin types. It absorbs quickly and leaves the skin soft and well moisturised.

This product is not going to turn back the clock, but it is a good product to use under makeup, not as a treatment cream.

on 6/23/2013 6:11:00 AM

This moisturizer is great!
It really plumps your skin, nourishes and moisturizes it and makes it look great immediately after you put it on the face! I never got such a noticeable results with any other moisturizer.
I never used any moisturizer in this price range either, but in this case it's deffinitely worth to invest your money in such a good product.

There are only 2 things I don't like about this moitsurizer:
1. Smell - I don't really like it. It's a strong herbal scent and it's probably nice to other people but I never got used to it. It didn't bother me that much, but I think the smell could be better.
2. Texture - it's really creamy and a bit greasy, but it didn't cause any breakouts on my combo skin (I actually think it made my skin break out less than usual). But because it's a bit greasy I only used it as a night cream. I probably wouldn't use it during the day anyway though (even if it was lightweight) because it doesn't contain any SPF. I'd probably use it as a day cream only during the winter.

So, because of these 2 things I gave it 4/5, otherwise it would be 5/5 without a doubt!

on 5/27/2012 5:21:00 PM

I got a 3ml sample of this or would probably never have bought it at the price. I love it but even so am struggling to justify 65 for a moisturiser!
I have used Clinique Dramatically Different Gel for years and have returned to that after every short stint of something else as most things seem to make me greasy after a short while. The divine cream is the first thing that has given me more moisture than the DDGel (which I think I need as I get older) but without turning me into an oil slick even half way down my second sample pot. Wish it came in a pump but I think I shall have to give in and buy a pot anyway.

on 5/29/2010 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is a pretty good cream, and my skin does feel moisturized and plump after using it. It has a light sunflower smell, and smells a bit like Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers. However, there are other creams I've used that work just as well, and don't cost $95 per jar.