L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Immortelle Divine Cream

Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG- 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

on 12/28/2013 6:31:00 PM

I got a .5 oz. sample of this which I have been replenishing with the sample packets over time. Although this is not my go-to cream, I think I have used it often enough to comment about its effect. I do not understand all the hype about this product because it does not perform any feat of magic worthy of its name. It moisturizes well, but not as well as the Immortelle Very Precious Night Cream by the same company. It does not lighten or brighten for those of us with visible acne scars and discoloration. In fact, it has myrtle in it, which is a known skin irritant for those with sensitive skin. Overall, I think this is just an over-hyped cream. Invest your money elsewhere.

I have been using L'Occitane products for many years now, and there are a few that I swear by. Divine Cream is a new favorite for me. I've always loved the way the Immortelle line smells, it's like wild flowers, or sunflowers, a subtle organic smell. The cream works surprisingly well with acne prone skin, it actually cleared up my break outs. It calms my skin down, which is nice. The biggest benefit I've noticed is that my skin is like silk to touch. It's very very smoothing. I didn't buy it for anti aging properties, but my skin looks and feels well hydrated. I don't mind the price because there's a lot in the jar, and its so hard for me to find a cream that doesn't clog my pores or dry me out or give me break outs...I'm ok with spending money on high quality products that work. And this one works!

on 10/18/2012 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Even though I have acneic skin, this product works well for me...just not as a daily moisturizer. I tried that at first, and while it made my skin tone much more even and seemed to even prevent blemishes at first, after 2 1/2 weeks I began breaking out again. So, now I use it on my neck only, as it makes the deep lines in my neck go away. For my face, I use it as a night cream twice a week, and that's it. Any more than that, and I will break out, probably due to the fatty acids it contains to plump the skin. If I was not prone to break outs, however, I would use this day and night after seeing the results I did. It seems to make your skin glow and have an even tone and soft texture.

The jar doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would since they provide you with a spatula. You also get a LOT of product in the jar. I think it would take at least 5 months to go through, literally, which makes it much more affordable than it seems. I am unsure as to whether I will repurchase it or not, but I probably will. It really does work great as a face mask and on the neck.