L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Immortelle Divine Cream

3.6

Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG- 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Thank god for MUA...a place for unbiased & impartial reviews! Many brands do not allow negative or critical reviews onto their website. As a previous reviewer has pointed out L'Occitane refused to publish theirs. I've had a similar experience in the past with a different company, and more than just the once. All I can say is if there are way too many glowing reviews on any brands' website - in comparison to what you can find otherwise on the web then take them with a pinch of salt. Often they will sift through reviews and only select the ones that paint the best picture. MUA is one of the very few places where you can come and read both sides of the story.

Anyhow I digress, I came here to write up about the Divine Cream - a product I used some years back in rotation with the Divine Youth Oil. Neither of these products left me feeling wowed in any way. If anything i found the cream slightly more effective than the oil, but at a price...red itchy spots on my cheeks and jawline area after 2 weeks of use. I'm guessing this was down to the Rosemary extract (the same ingredient that brings a rush of short-lived color to your cheeks - due to its stimulating effect on the skin). The Vitamin C in this did give me a glow which was good, and the texture of this cream was light and totally non-greasy. However something in it reacted negatively with my skin, causing bumps in areas I've never had bumps before. Luckily I got this in those little gold sample sachets, like the oil and would definitely not purchase the full size of either...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 3/27/2018 9:07:00 AM

I had a deluxe sample of this. I am not a cream moisturizer person and usually prefer oils, but thought I would give this a shot for my dry winter skin. I was surprised by how heavily fragranced it was for a facial product. I did not find the fragrance to be very pleasant, it had some undertones that didn't agree with me.
It went on creamy with a slight hint of mild irritation. I woke up to nicely hydrated skin and thought I would keep this in my arsenal. But as the week went on and I continued to use this, my skin got noticeably more dry and dull. Each application felt increasingly more irritating, and by the end of the week, I felt like my skin needed a detox. No glow, and it was very dry and dull. For me, this seems to be one of those products that works great the first time you use it, but destroys my skin over time.

I went back to my face oils and all was well again. I don't think this is a product for sensitive skin. Then I got a load of the price tag and woah. Maybe this might be better without the fragrance, if that is indeed what was causing the irritation. But this very pricey cream made my skin look and feel worse instead of better.

on 10/14/2017 8:17:00 AM

This is a gorgeous moisturiser, I have combination skin and it leaves me feeling hydrated but not at all greasy. It has a lovely, creamy texture but it absorbs easily into the skin. A little goes a long way with this product, which is good as it is quite a spendy product. It has a strong scent, but to me it smells natural and herbally rather than synthetic or perfumey. While I personally enjoy the scent, it is strong enough that it may not be to everyone's tastes. I believe this is suitable for both day and night use due to its intense hydration and fast absorption. It is a luxurious product which is a lovely addition to any skincare routine. It also has excellent anti-aging properties which are essential in a skincare regime, and it is also available with spf 20 which is great for those of us who live in sunny places, like Australia. This is a must-have product in my opinion! A classic for a good reason.

on 2/16/2017 7:58:00 AM

This is a terrific moisturizer. I have oily-combination skin but right now, in the middle of a very cold and harsh winter, my skin is really dehydrated and my usual moisturizers don't seem to help at all. I tried this before I went to bed and right away I noticed a difference; my skin felt so smooth and supple, and it was like that the next morning when I woke up. It is fragranced, but I found the scent to be very pleasant and subtle (although it might bother people who are very sensitive to fragrance). This moisturizer will be part of my winter skin care routine from now on, although I suspect it might be too rich for my skin once we have warm weather.

on 9/11/2016 3:43:00 PM

I tried a sample packet of this and after two nights broke out horribly. For reference, I have sensitive, oily skin and I think it may have been too heavy and fragranced for me. For those with dry skin, the cream does have a lovely texture and fragrance if you'd like to try it, but it's definitely not for me.

Buyer beware, this product is awful. It is very greasy and made my skin itch. My negative review on the L' Occitane website was never published so be very weary of all the five star reviews as they pick and choose was goes up on their website.

on 7/18/2015 6:27:00 PM

I feel this product performs for its price point by providing anti-ageing benefits that are visible. The finish is a little oily for my liking but its not heavy so i use this at night. It absorbs well and my skin looks even, nourished and well moisturized. This is much better than the original blue jar version which did nothing so I think the extra price is definitely worth it. I have tried the Youth Oil as well but i felt the Helichrysum Essential Oil (Immortelle oil) content was waaaay down the list and didn't do that much. Also, the serum and eye serum was just OK but nothing as visible as this. By far the cream is the best. I cannot really fault this product except for the open jar packing which allows oxygen and germs in. If this came in an airless pump, it would be perfect. I have gone back to this many times and I recommend you ask for at least 3-4 sachets to try consecutively before you buy since it is expensive.

This moisturiser is thick but fast absorbing and non greasy, leaving your face smoother and softer. It also seems to leave a yellowish golden sheen on your face after application. That's fantastic for people with pale or ruddy skins but I have a lot of yellow in my undertone already,

No I would not replace.
It's fine, it's just too pricey and not impressing me enough to bother again.
UPDATED to another lippy only because it really does do a nice job at night and doesn't break me out. But it is just so darn expensive.
If I was the Duchess and loaded, fine, I'd put in on my elbows and cuticles, okay?

My darling splurged on us at duty free last summer in Edinburgh.
Ironic, as I had carefully packed precisely what I needed so as to have minimal toiletries, and right off the bat he gets us skin sets of the priciest shit in duty free. HA!

The whole set I have used;
Here are my reviews:
The Lotion, which is more of a toner: MEH. Waste of time, just another step!
The serum: MEH. In fact, broke me out. And others, too I see.
The divine cream: BEAUTIFUL. BUT: Expensive as all hell and not sanitary package.
Not even that pretty! Yellow plastic. Um. Okay.
Smells nice, bit greasy finish even if I apply lightly so I can only use as a night cream over my other night treatments. I use it up on my neck now, and whatever, I won't buy again.
Doesn't break me out but that ain't good enough; hasn't done much for me after six months of use. The eye cream is alright but I think it irritates my eyes a bit.
I use the Precious (blue jar) eye cream and like it better.
(same lovely man bought that for me, too.)

on 3/5/2015 9:39:00 PM

This is an exceptional moisturizer. It sinks into my skin easily, and it smells wonderful. The smell is a sort of fresh-light floral, much like the matching facial wash. When I have this moisturizer on it feels like my skin is protected by a soft blanket from all of the hazards of the world. This is a fairly intensive moisturizer, and is meant primarily for nighttime use. I would find it too heavy for the morning. A little bit goes a long way- it's pricey, but the jar will last for quite some time. This is wonderful moisturizer- expensive, but really does live up to the hype.