L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream

L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Immortelle Divine Cream

3.9

Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG- 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

on 11/1/2014 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I first received several samples of the L'Occitane Divine Cream at the Newark International Airport boutique while looking for a cologne. I decided to use the cream and the sample of eye cream when I found out that I forgot to pack my regular moisturizer. The salesperson had given me at least 8 samples of each, so I was able to determine that this was a high quality cream that delivered results! It is thick and rich, yet goes on like liquid silk. Also, there is a high skin cell turnover rate, i.e. you will get flaking while using the Divine Cream, but what is happening is that the layer of dead skin cells is melting off, leaving you with baby soft, new skin. I've found discolorations have literally disappeared, wrinkles have diminished significantly, my skin is firmer and just glows. I ended up purchasing the entire Divine series after several weeks of seeing the amazing results from this cream, and with each week that passes (and I remain consistent with my skin care regime), I see more improvement. The scent is absolutely heavenly! I have never been a fan of any scent in a skin care product, but this cream is made from natural ingredients, and while getting the best results I believe I have gotten to date, I also receive some aromatherapy. :) So the conclusion is that my skin now feels like velvet, has increased elasticity, pores have almost disappeared, skin is firmer, discolorations diminished, plumper skin and a high rate of skin cell turnover. I am a customer for life.

on 11/27/2011 11:14:00 AM

Divine certainly describes this cream. I received a generous sample in my last L'Occitane order and was immediately hooked and bought full size. Been using it for about 6 weeks now. For reference I have oily, dehydrated skin with large pores thats prone to clogging, but rarely breaks out. I've been using the NIA24 line (both the exfoliating serum and the strengthening complex) with great success, but that cream isn't moisturizing enough. Most moisturizers make me super oily by noon. The results from using Divine are different from anything I've ever used. Its a thick, white cream with the usual immortelle scent...very earthy and a bit strong. I love it but I can see how some wouldn't. The scent fades quickly. A pea size covers both face and neck completely. It melts beautifully into skin, turning into an oil like consistency on contact. My skin drinks it up and is instantly plumped, pores actually seem to disappear, and my skin looks hydrated and luminous. The effect lasts all day. Hydrated, not greasy. It acts like a primer and makeup glides on and seems to last longer, especially blush. I use it after all my other products in the morning (vit C serum, the 2 NIA24 products) and it fits in well. Hasn't clogged my pores and no breakouts. Totally worth every penny of the $95 price tag and it should last quite a while. Highly recommended.

on 8/31/2010 10:37:00 PM

I am a L'Occitane Very Precious Cream (VPC) fan and have found it to help keep my skin moisturized and reduce the look of wrinkles around my eyes and forehead. As I have oily/combo skin, the last time I went to the L'Occitane boutique, the SA recommended I try the divine cream as it is lighter and better than the VPC and gave me a sample.

Well, the cream texture is lighter and spreads more easily across the skin. The price tag ($95.00) is VERY HEFTY :( and so I didn't buy it and stuck with VPC ($75) as both produce very good results for my skin. Fortunately an online skinstore/beauty company had a 20% off sale and I was able to pick this up for $76, which is still pricey.

Well, the first few applications had a funny unpleasant scent and initially I felt like returning it based on the smell. I decided to continue to give it a try and tolerated the scent. My nose must have gotten used to the smell or perhaps the scent faded because the scent wasn't bothersome as I continued to use it. My skin was looking smoother and had a nice "glow".

The directions say to use it AM and PM, but due to the price tag, I just used it mostly in the PM and was still able to get positive results for my skin. I still have a little less than half of the jar left and I have been using it for 5 months already, so the price cost comes out to 25 cents a day. ($76.00 divided by 10 months =$7.60 month, divided by 30 days equals $0.253 a day), basically the price it costs to feed a meter.

Just so you know, results were not overnight, it did take take 2-3 weeks before seeing skin look incredibly smooth when used in conjunction with LUSH Sacred Truth and Love Lettuce fresh masks and Angels on Bare Skin cleanser.

Have got to mention when using this product I was mistaken 2X to be 10 years younger! Definitely a strong re-purchase point for me.

Pricey, YOU BETCHA! If I can get it on sale, I would buy again. Knowing that for some, even the "sale" price can be too much $$, to only to find out it doesn't work for your skin; I strongly suggest considering purchase from some of the online beauty stores that allow for returns/exchanges, which is not possible in L'Occitane boutiques if it's not working for you.

Buyer beware, this product is awful. It is very greasy and made my skin itch. My negative review on the L' Occitane website was never published so be very weary of all the five star reviews as they pick and choose was goes up on their website.

on 4/17/2014 10:28:00 PM

This was an indulgence for me but I am very glad I purchased this! I use at night after cleansing and my skin has never looked better :-) I use Aqua-Glycolic Toner in the AM on a cotton pad--a must for me) and my La Roche Posay moisturizer followed by a very light makeup applied sparingly with a brush. I love my Divine Cream and it will last a very long time as a tiny amount covers the face at night. I LOVE the smell!!! An expensive product but so worth it for me as this is the only expensive skincare product I own and it delivers! Will most definitely buy again :-)

**I researched many creams before deciding on purchasing this and was impressed not only by the cream's unique ingredients and many patents but by the number of women who loved it and felt it made a difference in their skin> and now I love it too**

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay beauty seekers, I'm not gonna lie.....this ain't the absolute best cream for your face ever made, but I'm pretty certain that it IS the best smelling one, bar none. Yes, it is soothing, smooth as it glides across your face and neck, and even creamy and moisturizing. What it's not though, is a game changer; those reviews are coming though, my loyal followers. So, why the 4 stars you ask? Based on my aforementioned attributes (those kind hearted ones that mention soft, creamy, smooth...yep, those ones), along with that unbelievable smell that will literally attract butterflies should you find yourself pool or garden-side. It's addictive and has performed a cult like obsession within me that I cannot live without. In conjunction with all my firming serums and lotions, this ones a winner; but not to used in solitude since you'll see little if any real results in your skin's texture and firming ability if expected to pull all the weight all by its lonesome. Ask for a sample at the store and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about here after even one try; you'll be an addict too, I already have my bets on you! Enjoy this treasure trove of delightful flower garden aurora! XOXO

on 6/7/2014 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I cringed at the price tag but I was lured in with a free sample. I have oily skin and this adds moisture without shine. I also have seen an impressive improvement in my skin - clarity and tone. I have to say worth every penny.

After trying some samples of Divine Cream, I decided I could almost immediately tell a difference in my often parched skin. I loved the lightweight consistency and my skin seemed to drink it up. My skin felt smoother and silkier right away and especially felt that way the next morning. So I debated about whether to buy a full-size jar, hesitating because it IS quite pricey!!! Finally I gave in and honestly, I really do love this stuff. I just got back from a vacation in Mexico where I overdid the sun but Divine Cream kept the moisture in my skin. I do think I'm seeing a bit of improvement in the very annoying marionette lines around my mouth, too. Time will tell if it really does attack lines and wrinkles, but so far, so good. I'm a believer, and the really nice scent doesn't hurt either.

on 11/20/2013 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

I'm new to this cream (just started recently) & am living on samples that I've been able (so far) to score more cheaply than buying the full-size version. I got a GREAT deal for a combined total of 2.8 oz of Divine Cream in little sample packets (& a couple of sample jars) for only $34.50 altogether, as opposed to the regular store price of $106 (ouch!) for the 1.7 oz full-size jar - more for less! That's a superb steal & the little foil packets not only remain fresh but are portable as needed for travel or in my purse, which I like (though I don't like the environmental waste, so I won't be continuing on samples longterm).

I love the light texture of this cream, feels refreshing on the skin, hydrating & soothing, & very quickly plumps my dry skin so that it appears fresher & looking rested (otherwise it looks pretty ragged without any makeup on). I don't use any fancy-schmancy skincare anymore (at present) & just use low-cost retinol treatment cream (by Life-Flo) every other night & for moisturization I alternate btwn generic hyaluronic acid serum (which I love), argan oil (though leaves me feeling dry again) or Life-Flo BiEstro-Care cream (yes I use it on my face+neck to treat dry skin due to early hormonal decline).

I read many positive reviews of how this cream 'plumps' ppl's skin, so I had to try it & I do like the soft results I get as well as it being gentle & non-irritating - no stinging, no burning, no tightness, just comfort & softness. After it sinks in, my skin is left neither dry nor greasy. There are other brands & items I want to try as well (including jojoba oil), so I'm not fully committed to this cream & still "shopping around." But it's a very good product & I would certainly buy it again (at discount).

First off, if you have sensitive skin this may not be for you. It does have fragrant oils and may bother you. Second...if you don't?? This stuff is legit! I've tried MANY, many moisturizers from HE to drugstore. It smells lovely and has the most beautiful sheen after applying is just amazing.

It is PRICEY, but I've yet to find a drugstore brand that makes me feel hydrated and honey I've applied Nivea cream straight on my face. This product sinks into the skin and leaves a beautiful glowing surface. Fairly certain it's the glycerin, but I've never had any glycerine containing product look so lovely. Skin is not tacky. Just supple and glowy. Also a little goes a long way, so consider that aspect into the cost.

This is NOT what I would consider anti-aging. I use retinol, glycolics, and other vitamin enriched serums for the anti-aging benefits. Where I've struggled is finding something HYDRATING and THIS is that product for me.

Order samples if you are curious before you take the monetary plunge. I noticed in my search that QVC sells L'occcitane and likely sells really nice packages and a great price.

I recommend it for sure. Just be aware it contains natural, fragrant oils. If you have rosacea or other sensitivities this is likley not for you.

Overall very beautiful. I love it!!!