L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream

L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream
Immortelle Divine Cream

3.8

Water, C12, 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Evening Primrose Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG- 100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Myrtus Communis Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Parsley Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Echium Lypcosis Fruit Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Viola Tricolor Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Copper Gluconate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citral

on 2/17/2019 10:48:00 PM

My friend’s mom gave me the toiletry travel pack which had the sample size of this cream three years ago. It worked so fantastically well that I was eager to buy the big jar.

Last year in New York City’s Grand Central Station I finally treated myself at the store and bought the collection. I waited to finish my skincare products before started on a new Immortelle Divine Cream regimen. It’s been nothing but break outs *every*single*time* I’ve applied it.

I’m heartbroken. My skin or their formulation may have changed in the past three years. I don’t recommend it to people with sensitive or combination skin. It clogs your skin like crazy.

Even my boyfriend’s face had the same small break outs the day after using it. It’s doesn’t cause terrible acne, they’re lone pimples (regular and small) formed in places that we normally don’t have acne.

For now, I’ll be using it as a neck cream and I’ll have to look for something else which is such a shame as I’ve idealized this cream for so long. The texture is great and it really does soften the skin but at the cost of new pimples from every use is not worth the supposed anti-aging benefits the cream offers.

on 2/12/2019 8:43:00 PM

2.5 rating
The highlight of this crème is the scent - a light almost citrus herb scent that’s a nice little pick-me-up. Overall, the cream isn’t heavy and glides on the skin easily when applied to the skin. I will continue to use any free travel size creams I can get during L’occitane promotions, but this is not something I would pick to pay for full-price version. With a hefty price of $110/50ml (1.7oz), this wouldn’t be one I’d recommend at that top tier price point. There’s nothing wrong with it, but there’s also nothing exciting or special about it for my normal-dry/dehydrated skin. Plenty of other products at that price point that provide more visible results in a short time, or makes my skin feel luxurious.

on 1/31/2019 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can personally attest to the delightful benefits of using l’Occitane skin products.
Upon daily use my skin has improved so much that looks radiant even under unflattering neon office lighting.
This aided in decreasing distractions at work as it takes me substantially less time to perfect my daily office selfie, thereby increasing productivity on the job all while gaining more followers in the meantime.
In some cases, I even skipped using a filter. I moreover intend to negotiate a raise soon.
Highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Thank god for MUA...a place for unbiased & impartial reviews! Many brands do not allow negative or critical reviews onto their website. As a previous reviewer has pointed out L'Occitane refused to publish theirs. I've had a similar experience in the past with a different company, and more than just the once. All I can say is if there are way too many glowing reviews on any brands' website - in comparison to what you can find otherwise on the web then take them with a pinch of salt. Often they will sift through reviews and only select the ones that paint the best picture. MUA is one of the very few places where you can come and read both sides of the story.

Anyhow I digress, I came here to write up about the Divine Cream - a product I used some years back in rotation with the Divine Youth Oil. Neither of these products left me feeling wowed in any way. If anything i found the cream slightly more effective than the oil, but at a price...red itchy spots on my cheeks and jawline area after 2 weeks of use. I'm guessing this was down to the Rosemary extract (the same ingredient that brings a rush of short-lived color to your cheeks - due to its stimulating effect on the skin). The Vitamin C in this did give me a glow which was good, and the texture of this cream was light and totally non-greasy. However something in it reacted negatively with my skin, causing bumps in areas I've never had bumps before. Luckily I got this in those little gold sample sachets, like the oil and would definitely not purchase the full size of either...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/25/2018 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was using the Immortelle mask also from Loccitane, and recieved this in a super cute tiny bottle as a sampler. As I opened it the first thing that hit me was the smell. To be honest it smells like those perfumes only women over 70 would use. It's very sticky. After using it I did feel like I'd just used a mask, but not really much else other than feeling clean. Maybe you need to be more patient with it, but as it is veeeeery pricey I won't be giving it another shot.

on 3/27/2018 9:07:00 AM

I had a deluxe sample of this. I am not a cream moisturizer person and usually prefer oils, but thought I would give this a shot for my dry winter skin. I was surprised by how heavily fragranced it was for a facial product. I did not find the fragrance to be very pleasant, it had some undertones that didn't agree with me.
It went on creamy with a slight hint of mild irritation. I woke up to nicely hydrated skin and thought I would keep this in my arsenal. But as the week went on and I continued to use this, my skin got noticeably more dry and dull. Each application felt increasingly more irritating, and by the end of the week, I felt like my skin needed a detox. No glow, and it was very dry and dull. For me, this seems to be one of those products that works great the first time you use it, but destroys my skin over time.

I went back to my face oils and all was well again. I don't think this is a product for sensitive skin. Then I got a load of the price tag and woah. Maybe this might be better without the fragrance, if that is indeed what was causing the irritation. But this very pricey cream made my skin look and feel worse instead of better.

on 3/11/2018 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this and it hardened. I thought I could still use it for my cuticles but the next week it separated into oils and solids. Only buy if you can return it if it happens to you.

Tried to publish a review on their website but they emailed me that they wouldn't publish it.

on 12/14/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been toying with buying this because of the harsh Canadian winters and I finally caved. I've used it for all of three days and it's really good. I was worried that it would be greasy and break me out but it absorbs completely. I've got combination skin, that's sensitive so there's lots here that can irritate and it hasn't. I use Shiseido sunscreen on top and surprisingly they play well together. At the end of the day when I go home and look in the mirror, my skin doesn't look dehydrated which is amazing. I'll give an update in a few weeks but at this point I'd give it a go. The scent is strong but it wears off so for these results I'll tolerate it.

on 10/14/2017 8:17:00 AM

This is a gorgeous moisturiser, I have combination skin and it leaves me feeling hydrated but not at all greasy. It has a lovely, creamy texture but it absorbs easily into the skin. A little goes a long way with this product, which is good as it is quite a spendy product. It has a strong scent, but to me it smells natural and herbally rather than synthetic or perfumey. While I personally enjoy the scent, it is strong enough that it may not be to everyone's tastes. I believe this is suitable for both day and night use due to its intense hydration and fast absorption. It is a luxurious product which is a lovely addition to any skincare routine. It also has excellent anti-aging properties which are essential in a skincare regime, and it is also available with spf 20 which is great for those of us who live in sunny places, like Australia. This is a must-have product in my opinion! A classic for a good reason.

on 6/7/2017 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a deluxe sample of this, and there was so much I loved. It feels amazing and rich on my normal (and sometimes dry) skin. It feels luxurious but never too heavy. My face feels softer and more hydrated after applying. The ingredients, with honey and helichrysum and plenty of other goodies, are wonderful. With one exception: The fragrance. It's very strong and semi herbal but also very perfume-y. I want to love it and I do, but I can't handle such strong fragrance on my face, as it tends to be a huge irritant for me. In this case my face started feeling warm and itchy just moments after applying it. I gave it a couple more tries, and it was the same. Were this unscented or just had a very subtle natural scent to it (since the ingredient list mentions parfum/fragrance I assume it's artificial) I could see myself making this a go-to skin care moisturizer. I don't know why on earth a $100-plus skincare product needs to be so heavily scented since fragrance is a known irritant in skincare products.