Guerlain Meteorites Perfume [DISCONTINUED]

Guerlain Meteorites Perfume [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Why in the world was this discontinued?!? Addicted to the scent of Meteorites although the scent isn't dead on to the powders themselves it's a soft, slightly sweet scent that is so dreamy! I now spray this on my scarf or one area of my shirt to last most of the day. Once it's out that's it. If any of you ladies know a good dupe for this please let me know!
I wish this perfume would make a comeback...permanently. What was Guerlain thinking snatching this gem away?!?!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oh. My. Goodness. How did I ever go through life not owning such a beautiful, beautiful scent. I am in love with Guerlain's Meteorites and the way they smell, have been ever since I bought my first meteorites. Every time I apply the meteorites or one of Guerlain's blushes, the beautiful scent of violets just makes me fall in love with the brand even more. So much so that I searched for this long discontinued scent and was lucky enough, after searching for a year, to find a bottle of this wonderful fragrance. I really wish that Guerlain had not discontinued this because I love it so much and I am going to have to use it sparingly so that I don't run out. The scent itself, if I spray it on my clothes, lasts most of the day for me. If fact, I wear most of my fragrances on my clothes to ensure that they last longer :) Thank you, Guerlain, for making this wonderful fragrance. I will treasure it dearly.

When I sprayed this on I was transported back in time to an Easter morning. My sisters and I were ready for church and Mom called us back to her dressing room. She dabbed violet toilet water on each of us. Off to church we went in our matching Easter outfits! A very fond memory indeed! Meteorites has that violet note just right, not too sweet to be cloying, but violet nonetheless. I'm not saying it is just like the toilet water, there's more to it, the iris raises its head every now and then to let you know this is a grownup EDT, and then it dries down into a lovely powdery soft cloud--a close to the wrist cloud. I will wear this as a 'comfort' scent to bring me some Mom memories.

Very violet, sweet and full-bodied but with an earthy iris note that keeps it grounded. I am surprised by the reviewers that say it has poor lasting power--I have to be careful how much I put on, On me, it lasts and lasts and grows stronger and more intense as the day progresses to the point where (again, I have to watch how much I put on) it can get slightly nauseating. However, this might be a "violet thing" with me as I've had the same issue with other violets (Penhaligons, Straw Hat) but not to this degree. If you can pick it up at a reasonable price, it is a good violet to have in your collection as it is distinctive 'grown-up violet' and different from many violet fragrances on the market. .

on 11/16/2010 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this perfume as I was looking for something that smells exactly like the signature scent of Guerlain's powders (the meteorites, holiday body powders, etc.) - that delightful candied violet scent.

I am happy to report that this fragrance is indeed an exact replica! Candied violets, all the way through. I love it. It has been discontinued, but I found my bottle on eBay. I only gave it 4 lippies though, because the bottle seems cheap, and I expected more from Guerlain, having owned some of their other items.

on 8/23/2010 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Shy little gem,aren' you...?
yes you awe, you pwetty little perfumy fume<3<3<3
innocent violets,powdery iris,lost love...
fairy scent...

This is one of my favourite perfumes. If you're looking for a traditional candied violet scent, then look no further.
This has been discontinued, but it is easily found on eBay.

It smells very similar to my other favourite, Violettes de Toulouse, but is a bit more crisp.
It dries down to a nice, sweet (but not cloying) powdery floral.
It's not terribly long lasting (although I find most violet fragrances are like this). Try it on your hair or clothing to get it to last longer.
Very nice for spring and summer!
Basically, if you like the scent of Guerlain products (lipstick, Meteorites, etc), you'll love this. It's the same scent :-)

This is my go-to fragrance when I need a pick-me-up. It definitely puts me in a better mood.

Sweet, simple, slightly powdery violets - I bought this unsniffed and love it! It's a fun fragrance and I enjoy wearing it. It goes on kind of "fizzy" and always lifts my mood. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued and has very poor staying power. It doesn't even last an hour on my skin, but neither do Unicorn Spell or Le Dix, two other violet scents I've tried and liked. It does, however, smell nice and last awhile if I get it on fabric, like the neckline of a sweater. So, it loses a lippie for its staying power on skin, but I may well purchase again (as long as supplies last), & wear it on a hidden area of my clothing, or spritz some on a pillowcase.

on 12/24/2007 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like a mother's love.

I bought this online based on the smell of the meteorites powder. It smells nothing like the powder imo. Too sweet. Waste of my money. Should never buy without smelling first.

Popular Fragrances