Hard Candy Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Hard Candy Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Silica,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Acetate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacladipate-1, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides (Cl77491,Cl77492, Cl77499, Diazolidinyl, Urea, Carmine, Mica

My review might be overdue as I had this powder in my travel bag so it took me quite awhile to use it up. I then looked for it and coundn't find it, so I came on here to see what was up. Very sad to hear that its been discontinued as its been a great powder for me. I usually use pressed powders for travel so I don't get the loose all over the place while in transit and everything about this was perfect. I thought the packaging and the pink sponge and mirror were awesome and rivals the expensive brands.

The powder itself served its purpose and went on nicely. I did use the sponge but also used a brush for application. My only complaint was the lock broke so my powder compact would open up which is a pet peeve of mine.

Cruelty free too, Yay !!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Meh, this wasn't that great, and frankly I'm not surprised to see it was discontinued. I'm only writing this review on the off chance that Hard Candy decides to bring it back.

It didn't work that great for me, and I have dry skin. It doesn't take that much work to keep me looking matte, and yet within an hour I could see where it had settled into my fine lines and just looked horrible overall, because it accentuated every imperfection on my skin.

But the heart shaped sponge was cute, though.

I had no idea this was discontinued!!! I want to cry! This product is by FAR my favorite. Price, packaging, and quality are all a 10 out of 10. It applied so well to my skin tone, it didn't leave me pale, it made my skin look matte and not oily, I love it so much. Now that I know it's discontinued, I'm going to savor what I have left of it. I've half way hit pan. I wish I could repurchase! Please bring this back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I still question why this powder was discontinued!!! It worked so well as my skin definitely stayed matte when I used this powder! It may have only come in one color but it worked out for me and I was so sad to see it go :-/ it went on smoothed and kept my oil from surfacing. It gave my face such a beautiful finish. I miss it so much :-( I wish they would bring t back. It was such a lovely product. One of the best finishing powders I have EVER used. Why hard candy? Why!?

on 10/27/2013 4:00:00 AM

I've tried endless setting powders and they always always change the color of my foundation!
I use mufe and Kevin aucoin foundations and this powder sets it, without adding color or oxidizing or changing it. Awesome. And cheap. I don't have oily skin and this works well for the Kim Kardashian golden triangle..under eyes and around nose to chin area it brightens so perfectly and renews foundation for touch ups. I use this with kevyn aucoins candlelight and it is divine. It is the only drugstore type cosmetic I use. They've discontinued it at Walmart so I stocked up like crazy..auuughhh I would die without this.

I blot with its sponge then lightly dust off excess without moving foundation.

Hate this product! Settles into my fine lines and doesn't last long keeping me matte. Fail.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this some months ago on a whim and I really like it! As an oily skinned person a setting powder/mattifying powder is a must. I have been trying to switch my cosmetics collection to all cruelty free products (and drugstore). I love the tattoo art that Hard Candy incoporates into all of their products (although I don't love all of their products). I like the heart shaped sponge that comes with this product too and I use it rather than a brush for touch ups throughout the day (using a pat and roll motion). Even though I've had this product for a while and I use it every day there is only the smallest dent in the pan by my use. It is lasting a long time which is great for the price! It has a nice light and smooth texture as well. On those slow days that I don't feel like wearing a bunch of makeup, I will slide this into my pocket (I wear cargos a lot) or a purse and will use it as I get oily thoughout the day. I will definitely be repurchasing this and +1 for being cruelty free :)

on 7/2/2013 10:49:00 AM

I can see why people might like this but if you are prone to acne be careful. I've used it twice (two days each time) on my t-zone and got horrible cystic acne on my nose and chin. The chin I get but my nose?! I never break out on my nose. I didn't even know you could get cystic acne on your nose. I looked like Rudolph for almost two weeks. Horrible. Ethylhexyl Palmitate is a 4 on the acne rating score. Mine went into the trash.

on 5/8/2013 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I like this powder. I bought it after finishing my MAC blot powder, and I will say I'm happy its performance. It controls shine well enough, definitely better than a lot of other drugstore 'shine control' powders i've used. My problem with this powder is the packaging. At first I thought it was cute enough, and it is to look at, but it's not very practical. I bought this powder to carry with me for touchups, and it's bulky. Not only is it bulky, but the way the mirror is set up with the sponge and everything, it's just a dealbreaker for me. I'm on to look for something that's easier to carry and deal with.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great for setting undereye concealer. Really brightens me up and convinces people that yes, I have had a good night's sleep, when in reality, I'm a walking zombie. It can also be used to brighten up other areas of the face that have been looking a little dull.
My skin isn't oily, so I can't speak for it's mattifying properties, but I do like that it goes on smoothly and doesn't cake.
I don't like this as an overall powder due to the lack of coverage, though if my skin were better I would certainly use it for that. If you have minimal skin issues this makes for one heck of a setting powder.
I also like the sponge that's included, though I never use it. It's just so gosh darn sweet-looking. Gotta love HC, even their sponges are cute.