Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Pencil - Mink Brown

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a really nice eyebrow pencil for my-hair-isn't-quite-black-it's-actually-really-dark-brown crowd. That's me, but my eyebrows are black. My preferred brow pencil is a dark, cool brown, since black looks too Adams Family and taupe looks sissy. As a previous poster mentioned, it's hard to find brow pencils without red undertones (please-no, I'm not a red head!)

Mink brown is just such a brown, it's cheap, it's long. It does a good job. It needs frequent sharpening.

If I couldn't get my hands in NYC Sable, this would be my go-to. As it is, I find it a tiny bit softer than Sable, so for the time being I won't repurchase.

Runner up status.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have several of these 7" wooden pencils from wetnwild, NYC, Colormates & Jordana & they are all comparable pricewise & Like I don't really have a preference but wnw is stepping up their game w the pencils & since they reformulated them I'm like actually preferring them to the other brands. I use the taupe, white, in the buff, mink brown, Simma down brown & of course baby got black I got a purple 1 too but I've not really used it much. I use buff & black the most. These pencils are long wearing, cheap, every store that has wnw has them, & this color is good for brows & also eyeliner I'm an eyelinerophile I can't be without my eyeliners, cigarette lighter (I must own the most disposable lighters collex for a non smoker non 4-2-0 hey they are for my cheap eyeliners!) & a makeup bag full of sharpeners I have a makeup bag half full of these cheap eyeliners I love them & this is an awesome brown. If ur like me & wear glasses try this:
-your usual fdtn/concealer/powder
-pale neutral eyeshadow w a bit of shimmer (1 & done all over lid/crease. Don't bring it up too high) I like MAC Naked Lunch for example also L'Oréal Amber Rush or Eternal Sunshine infallible eyeshadows.
-this brown eyeliner on top lid only tight line & line normally in addition
-brown mascara i would suggest waterproof & 1st curl ur eyelashes do 3x each eye (do not put anything on your lower lid suggested. I do recommend putting a nude liner e.g. Wnw In The Buff on the water line but that's my own addition to this tutorial which I ripped off from L'Oréal dot com's suggestion for MU for girls w glasses)
-soft pink blush
-soft pink neutral lipstick (something like MAC Kinda Sexy or MAC Please Me or Chanel Séduisante or even Chanel Boy doing DS then L'Oréal Nude Ballet)

I ripped off the general ideas of this tutorial ideas (not all of it) from L'Oréal this is what they suggest for makeup for someone who wears glasses & it looks really nice!!! I added in some of my own ideas to it. So it's not all L'Oréal.

This is a staple for me I wear black or brown eyeliners 99.99999% of the time on top lid lol I wear white & buff "flesh" colors on the bottom lid most. once in awhile black.

These are the best eyeliners for $1!! Best buck u can spend in the makeup aisle in a grocery store.

on 11/9/2016 11:36:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. This eyeliner goes on smoothly no dragging or skipping. It's a rich true brown. My problem is that it stamps onto my hooded eyelids. On most days, I skip eyeshadow and just do eyeliner with mascara. Even with an eye primer, I still have this problem. It may be that my eyelids are more oily that normal. I've had this stamping issue with a few other eyeliners as well. It's a great bang for your (literal) buck. You get a pencil that's twice as long as most others. It might work great for other people but not for me.

on 11/12/2016 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This eyeliner gives my HG Mac liner a serious run for it's money at a fraction of the cost! I've been sorting through my makeup stash & testing things out. So far, nothing has compared to my Mac liners but these are worth praising! I have this liner in Baby Got Black & Mink Brown, both have performed exceptionally well! Great color payoff, long-lasting, no raccoon eyes, smooth application and at the WW price we all love. Plus these pencils are not tiny, another staple of WW I've loved since high school... they sharpen well too. I won't be buying other brands given the number that have disappointed, WW for the win!

on 1/19/2014 8:14:00 PM

It's so darn long! Not that there's a problem with more product, especially for something that's $1, but it's difficult to store with my other pencils upright in a pencil holder in a drawer. It's pretty dark, even too dark for me to use on my black eyebrows. It's not totally creamy either, so wouldn't use on my eyes.

on 8/3/2014 10:02:00 PM

This is the only pencil I use on my eyebrows, & seriously I don't even know what I'd do if they stopped making it. I have dark brown hair & eyebrows, & it can be extremely difficult finding products I can use for my brows that are cool toned browns. The VAST majority of brown eyeliners, brow pencils, & brow powders tend to be too warm toned or have reddish tones in them. Even finding dark brown matte eyeshadows that have absolutely no hint of red in it is difficult, even if they say they're supposedly cool toned. But Wet n Wild Mink Brown has absolutely zero hint of red in it, & is the ONLY pencil I've found that matches my eyebrows perfectly. What happens when I use most brow products due to the reddish tones they usually have is you can totally see where the makeup is & the hair is, & in flash photography, forget it, looks totally absurd! So that's why I love Mink Brown so much, & to find your holy grail brow product for less than a dollar is a bonus! It's soft too-some cheaper pencils are hard but not Wet n Wild pencils. Of all the brands in general that do 99 cent pencils, Wet n Wild is definitely the best!

on 9/27/2013 11:46:00 PM

I find that as I age, I'm becoming more and more obsessed with eyebrow products. My eyebrows are fairly thick and full, but the hair is really fine if that makes sense. I also had a very bad experience with a brow tech who cut an arch into my brows (my natural brows have no arch) even after I told her (in two languages!) that I only wanted her to pull stray hairs.

Since then I've tried many many different pencils, waxes, powders, stencils trying to get my original shape back. I have Christian Dior pencils, Chanel pencils, Browz products, Prestige, LaFemme. None can match this pencil in Mink brown. The color is really a soft back. The pencil is much longer than the higher end pencils, sharpens very nicely, is soft enough to not pull at the skin, firm enough to draw thin, neat lines.

What I normally do is brush my brows up and out with a spoolie. I apply the pencil in small strokes outlining the shape, then using a dotting/stippling technique to fill in any spaces where I still see skin. Then I run my spoolie through the brows again and using a stiff, slanted brush dip into a wax product and groom them into place. Perfect. At .99 I can grab a few at a time. They last a long time, do not melt, run, spear. Yay for WnW products that prove low end low price does not have to sacrifice quality.

on 3/25/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Great brow pencil, I use this pencil everyday that I do my makeup, the price is super cheap and the pencil is a great quality. The pencil is soft but not to the point that it almost melts onto the brows, it seems to me to be the perfect brown where it isn't too dark or light, or red. It also is easy to fix mistakes, it has great staying power when I top it with brow gel. Would purchase again!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this brow/eyeliner pencil. I use it for my brows faithfully!! My everyday brow pencil, don't know what I would do w/o it if it was ever discontinued. Easy use, great for dark skin ppl like myself! Natural looking a must have! xoxo #lipstickjunkie

on 4/23/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This pencil is my eyebrows. I realize how funny that sounds.
It is dirt cheap, colour is perfect, it goes on easy and is not oily like some other brands. It blends easy, but does not smudge off all day.
Stands up well to sharpening. I can get it to quite a fine point without worrying about it breaking.