Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Pencil - Mink Brown

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/12/2016 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This eyeliner gives my HG Mac liner a serious run for it's money at a fraction of the cost! I've been sorting through my makeup stash & testing things out. So far, nothing has compared to my Mac liners but these are worth praising! I have this liner in Baby Got Black & Mink Brown, both have performed exceptionally well! Great color payoff, long-lasting, no raccoon eyes, smooth application and at the WW price we all love. Plus these pencils are not tiny, another staple of WW I've loved since high school... they sharpen well too. I won't be buying other brands given the number that have disappointed, WW for the win!

on 11/9/2016 11:36:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. This eyeliner goes on smoothly no dragging or skipping. It's a rich true brown. My problem is that it stamps onto my hooded eyelids. On most days, I skip eyeshadow and just do eyeliner with mascara. Even with an eye primer, I still have this problem. It may be that my eyelids are more oily that normal. I've had this stamping issue with a few other eyeliners as well. It's a great bang for your (literal) buck. You get a pencil that's twice as long as most others. It might work great for other people but not for me.

on 8/3/2014 10:02:00 PM

This is the only pencil I use on my eyebrows, & seriously I don't even know what I'd do if they stopped making it. I have dark brown hair & eyebrows, & it can be extremely difficult finding products I can use for my brows that are cool toned browns. The VAST majority of brown eyeliners, brow pencils, & brow powders tend to be too warm toned or have reddish tones in them. Even finding dark brown matte eyeshadows that have absolutely no hint of red in it is difficult, even if they say they're supposedly cool toned. But Wet n Wild Mink Brown has absolutely zero hint of red in it, & is the ONLY pencil I've found that matches my eyebrows perfectly. What happens when I use most brow products due to the reddish tones they usually have is you can totally see where the makeup is & the hair is, & in flash photography, forget it, looks totally absurd! So that's why I love Mink Brown so much, & to find your holy grail brow product for less than a dollar is a bonus! It's soft too-some cheaper pencils are hard but not Wet n Wild pencils. Of all the brands in general that do 99 cent pencils, Wet n Wild is definitely the best!

on 1/19/2014 8:14:00 PM

It's so darn long! Not that there's a problem with more product, especially for something that's $1, but it's difficult to store with my other pencils upright in a pencil holder in a drawer. It's pretty dark, even too dark for me to use on my black eyebrows. It's not totally creamy either, so wouldn't use on my eyes.

on 9/27/2013 11:46:00 PM

I find that as I age, I'm becoming more and more obsessed with eyebrow products. My eyebrows are fairly thick and full, but the hair is really fine if that makes sense. I also had a very bad experience with a brow tech who cut an arch into my brows (my natural brows have no arch) even after I told her (in two languages!) that I only wanted her to pull stray hairs.

Since then I've tried many many different pencils, waxes, powders, stencils trying to get my original shape back. I have Christian Dior pencils, Chanel pencils, Browz products, Prestige, LaFemme. None can match this pencil in Mink brown. The color is really a soft back. The pencil is much longer than the higher end pencils, sharpens very nicely, is soft enough to not pull at the skin, firm enough to draw thin, neat lines.

What I normally do is brush my brows up and out with a spoolie. I apply the pencil in small strokes outlining the shape, then using a dotting/stippling technique to fill in any spaces where I still see skin. Then I run my spoolie through the brows again and using a stiff, slanted brush dip into a wax product and groom them into place. Perfect. At .99 I can grab a few at a time. They last a long time, do not melt, run, spear. Yay for WnW products that prove low end low price does not have to sacrifice quality.

on 4/23/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This pencil is my eyebrows. I realize how funny that sounds.
It is dirt cheap, colour is perfect, it goes on easy and is not oily like some other brands. It blends easy, but does not smudge off all day.
Stands up well to sharpening. I can get it to quite a fine point without worrying about it breaking.

on 3/25/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Great brow pencil, I use this pencil everyday that I do my makeup, the price is super cheap and the pencil is a great quality. The pencil is soft but not to the point that it almost melts onto the brows, it seems to me to be the perfect brown where it isn't too dark or light, or red. It also is easy to fix mistakes, it has great staying power when I top it with brow gel. Would purchase again!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this brow/eyeliner pencil. I use it for my brows faithfully!! My everyday brow pencil, don't know what I would do w/o it if it was ever discontinued. Easy use, great for dark skin ppl like myself! Natural looking a must have! xoxo #lipstickjunkie

on 2/5/2013 11:39:00 PM

5/5 for being an eyebrow pencil. I have black hair and I have quite full brows but I use it to lengthen my brows and create more fullness at the front so I use it very sparingly (since I have enough brow hair naturally) and it works beautifully. Very natural and it hasn't smudged or faded on me and I have very oily skin.

And it's hard to beat the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is actually a great product!
I've recently run into the problem where in some photos only half of my eyebrows show up...so I decided to test out some brow pencils. The Maybelline eyebrow pencil ( twin ones in red) were WAY too red based for my hair color. So after some more dilly dallying, I found the wet n wild one.

Cheap, effective, and a perfect color match :) Set it with the great lash in clear, and it stays put all day! :D
no break outs on my eyebrows or anything sooo yay!

Give it a try, can't hurt :)