Oribe Gold Pomade

Oribe Gold Pomade

3.7

on 3/23/2013 12:45:00 PM

This is a gold flecked pomade with a light texture. I have short hairstyle and fine, black hair. The pomade provides virtually no hold and leaves visible gold flecks on hair. For my hair color, it would be best used for a holiday party. After applying, my hands looked gilded, and I had to wash my hands twice to remove the pomade from my palms. Once applied, I had to keep my hands off my hair as I noticed that gold flecks would fall if I touched my hair. I had to wash my hair twice to remove the product. I think this is overpriced for what you get, and I don't plan to repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Once you get past the price tag this is a really great product. It adds shine and helps highlights stand out. I only use it for special occasions or when getting ready for a night out and I'm not even half way thru the jar after more than a year. When I wash my hair the next day it always feels super soft as well, kind of like I conditioned all night. My only complaint is that it's hard to get off your hands.

on 12/22/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not gettin' the love here. This is one bad product. Fake orangey gold, sticky oily serum that left my hair stiff, dull and dirty. I returned it, thank God they do returns at my salon.

on 7/8/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I read about this in a short article in Lucky magazine and decided I had to have it.....using it the way it says to in the article by scrunching some into your hair. My hair is highlighted copper and blonde on brown hair and is curly. I put a bit of leave-in conditioner on my palms then pick up some of the pomade and scrunch it together through my hair. It's much easier to get it off your hands that way. Otherwise you end up with gold hands and have to rub it onto the hair pieces to remove it from your hands. I've tried it with wet and dry hair and dry works best for my curly hair. I love this product as it glints gold in the sun and I love gold! I would definitely buy it again though I wish it was priced lower. I did check to find the best price and E Skin Care Store had a 20% discount offer on their site. Beautiful packaging too!

Just found this at a salon on sale for around $20 Canadian. Very fun product! Makes my chesnut hair with blond streaks really shiny! It smells great and has UV protection as well!

on 9/28/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This product is expensive but I think I will have it for years! You don't use much and I only use it from time to time for certain hairstyles.
I love to use it when I am braiding my hair to give it highlights and to hold my hair in place and create smoothness.
Make sure to wash your hands right away ... the glitter will get all over you!

on 5/26/2010 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Love this, it was about 50 so it is quite expensive, however I have hair that is all-over highlighted blonde with long golden blonde hair extensions and this really enhances my colour and adds lustour. It also seems to make my hair catch the light more which I really like. I also think it enhances the golden highlights in my hair but be warned though, that because it is more of a golden blonde parts of my hair that are more white do become slightly more golden-looking. I like that fact that it is a also a conditioning styler that apparently strengthens hair with keravis and provitamin B5 and contains crushed gold minerals to "deliver an actual 24-karat-rich sheen". I love that I can add a glint of gold to my hair, especially as my favourite thing about blonde hair is the way it reflects the light and imparts a sort of "halo" effect around your face. Lovely 'bling' gold packaging too. It is hard to get off your fingers sometimes but I usually rub them on my decollete and shoulders etc. afterwards for sparkle. Would buy again if I run out.

Popular Styling Products