LORAC little black palette

Filtered by skin type : Oily
LORAC little black palette
Enter Title

Baked Eye Shadow: Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecanol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Bht, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Dimethicone, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin May Contain / Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491,Ci 77492, Ci 77499). Behind The Scenes Eye Primer: Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 7/26/2011 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this palette back in January when I got a gift card to Sephora for Christmas. It was probably the best purchase I've made for the entire year. Not only is it one of the most beautiful quad-shadows I've ever had the pleasure of using, but I also got a sample size of the LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer which I would soon come to love as my favorite primer of all time.

The palette features four colors that are un-named but I have given them the following descriptions.

Vanilla Gold - I use it mainly as a highlighter

Champagne Pink - I typically use this on the inner half of my lid

Copper - can be used a crease or lid color

Dark Brown with Gold undertones - I use for the outer vee of the eye, crease, or eyeliner, depending on what look I'm going for.

The eyeshadows are baked but, unlike many other baked shadows which are a little bit more sheer when applied dry and provide excellent color variation when applied wet, these colors pack a pigmented punch even when dry. I've been so happy with the way they look dry, I've never even tried to apply them when wet. They have also lasted me a very long time. I have used this palette dozens of times as it is perfect both for a night out or the office and, as you can see from the photos, I haven't even made a DENT in the shadows. Even with daily use, this palette could easily last a year or more, making it well worth the $33 price tag.

Ordinarily this is where I would pitch the pros and cons, but I've already listed all the pros, and the only con I can think of is the price if $33 is too much for your budget.

on 7/9/2010 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this palette. It's super pigmented. no joke. U don't need to pack it on at all. It's also veryyyyy shimmery. So beware of that if u don't like shimmery. NOT GLITTERY AT ALL by the way.
I did a nice smokey eye on my mom and man she was smokinnn. :)
I would suggest u get it if u love these kind of shimmery neutrals.
It's beautiful.
I have yet to really try that primer but I have a feeling I'll love it.