LORAC little black palette

LORAC little black palette
Enter Title

4.8

Baked Eye Shadow: Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecanol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Bht, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Dimethicone, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin May Contain / Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491,Ci 77492, Ci 77499). Behind The Scenes Eye Primer: Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 7/26/2011 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this palette back in January when I got a gift card to Sephora for Christmas. It was probably the best purchase I've made for the entire year. Not only is it one of the most beautiful quad-shadows I've ever had the pleasure of using, but I also got a sample size of the LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer which I would soon come to love as my favorite primer of all time.

The palette features four colors that are un-named but I have given them the following descriptions.

Vanilla Gold - I use it mainly as a highlighter

Champagne Pink - I typically use this on the inner half of my lid

Copper - can be used a crease or lid color

Dark Brown with Gold undertones - I use for the outer vee of the eye, crease, or eyeliner, depending on what look I'm going for.

The eyeshadows are baked but, unlike many other baked shadows which are a little bit more sheer when applied dry and provide excellent color variation when applied wet, these colors pack a pigmented punch even when dry. I've been so happy with the way they look dry, I've never even tried to apply them when wet. They have also lasted me a very long time. I have used this palette dozens of times as it is perfect both for a night out or the office and, as you can see from the photos, I haven't even made a DENT in the shadows. Even with daily use, this palette could easily last a year or more, making it well worth the $33 price tag.

Ordinarily this is where I would pitch the pros and cons, but I've already listed all the pros, and the only con I can think of is the price if $33 is too much for your budget.

on 5/26/2010 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So this is Lorac's new summer palette. This comes with four baked eyeshadows that contain highlight, champagne ,bronze and dark brown colors. Also includes a primer. They look amazing on, and I have created a lot of different looks with just four shadows. Just a light hand is all I need as they are crazy pigmented. This is the perfect summer palette and I'm so glad I purchased it! For the price it's a steal! Check it out!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

GREAT PALETTE for every woman. I keep this palette in my freelance kit and constantly show it to brides for the "red carpet" look. CAROL you ROCKED IT OUT !!!! PS - CAROL please come out with more baked palettes :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore adore adore this palette! I couldn't love it more. Oh man, where to start? I went to Blush Beauty Bar to get my makeup done and the makeup lady used this on me and it looked so good! I love how the colors are natural but still noticeable and so versatile. I use light champagne shadow over the gold champagne, line my upper lashline with the dark brown and line my lower lashline with the copper. It looks amazing, I seriously cannot stop raving about this palette! Considering it's a $72 value for $32 is great and it comes with a mini eye primer which is amazing! (I'm going to start buying this instead of UDPP). Overall great deal and even better colors I completely reccomend this, and hurry because it's Limited Edition!
Edit 5/29/10- I bought another one of these today at Sephora! That's really how much I love it. Hurry and get one! :)

on 5/12/2017 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This Lorac palette has some of the most beautiful shimmery, neutral colored shadows that I have come across in awhile! They are very pigmented and shimmery applied dry to the point that I have not felt the need to apply wet. The palette comes with a pretty big mirror, although the packaging seems unnecessarily large for what it is carrying. I did not get to try the primer as I bought the palette used. As palettes go, $32 at the normal price is pretty good, although considering that it's only four shades plus a primer I might consider other palettes with more colors for similar prices. That being said, I would definitely consider buying it again!

on 2/11/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautifully packaged palette with equally beautiful shades--ones that should flatter nearly every skin tone. Unfortunately, my rapidly aging eye area is just too crepey to pull off the fairly intense shimmer this palette offers. I typically wear BM's 'glimmer' eye shades and find them not too shimmery to pull off at age 39. But this LORAC palette goes more glittery on me..to the point it irritates the corners of my eyes and hangs in my lashes unless applied perfectly. I haven't experimented with applying them wet, but as I rarely have time to mess w/wet application, this went back to the store.

For youthful eyes who desire neutral tones, I'd recommend this. It's long wearing (even if you skip the included primer) and the formula isn't chalky and glides on nicely. But I think approaching middle age, this boat has sailed.

So I was walking around in Sephora when I came across Lorac, and I saw this palette. I loved the colors and so i swatched them on my hand...good lord they are INCREDIBLE. There is a light champagne, a peach, a copper and a yummy chocolate brown, and all of these do have shimmer, but not to the point where it is tacky or unattractive. They are extremely pigmented, rich, and blendable. I can see these colors working for almost everyone. I bought this for my cousin for her birthday because she is very into the neutrals, and I knew she would love this. Every time we would have sleep overs I would look at it with envy and ask her to use it lol! So I asked for it for Christmas, cha chinnnggg. I really love this. Perfect for day makeup, perfect for night makeup. I do not see any cons to this product. I have only used the primer once and it seemed on the more moisturizing side of the primer spectrum. I have all of the urban decay eye primers and the too faced so I am using a different one every day, eventually I will get around to using it lol. Packaging is beautiful.

Buy it, buy it now.

on 11/19/2010 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

oh yeah this is worth the hype- it is beautiful. the colors are shimmery, warm and you get tons of product. i love all of the shades, they are quite warm, and do have shimmer but not chunky glitter. the primer is wonderful too, the best eye shadow primer i have ever used. I would not consider this palette great for travel, as it is large and bulky which is too bad because i'd love to take it on the road with me. so pretty. if you love neutrals that are warm and shimmery creamy soft and blendable, then this is fantastic.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this, another slam dunk by Lorac! This palette, I believe, might not be LE since it's been @ Ulta for months. I was hesitant at first to buy this because I thought the shades would be too warm for my NW20 skin. However, I've been hearing all the rave here about Lorac's eyeshadow primer and this palette comes with it. For the price ($32.00), it is well worth it. If you break it down, each Lorac e/s single is $18.00 and the primer alone is $20.00. With this palette, you get four equally beautiful smooth e/shadows and one primer. So, you are saving $60.00! The primer alone is worth the price, it is very nice and makes any e/s color vibrant and smooth. As for the e/s, they are so soft almost creamy like, very smooth & so blendable. I can pull together many different looks with this palette and they work well alone or mixed with other e/s. This is indeed a warm palette but I feel anyone can pull this off. Even the coppery shade as an outer v color works well for me.

on 7/22/2010 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an absolute DREAM! I love these shades. All are very shimmery (as with most baked shadows) so avoid this palette if that puts you off. These are definitely luxury eyeshadows (no drugstore shadow compares). Extremely pigmented and creamy. The primer is very comparable to too faced shadow insurance.
I wore the bronze shade as a liner on my waterline and it stayed on ALL DAY/NIGHT until I took it off before bed. I can't even get waterproof eyeliner to do that for me (no gel, liquid, kohl, etc) but somehow this shadow STAYED.