sisley Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream

sisley Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Oil, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Water, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbitol, Algae Extract, Paraffin, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Oleyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Triethanolamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Daucus Carrota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Polyacrylamide, Cerbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-33, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Octoxynol-13, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laureth-7, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm writing this review about the updated version of the product. I really love this cream. I got the limited edition version with the lovely little cooling facial massage tool. It is a very pretty little white & gold face roller that feels very sturdy & very good quality If its very hot I will often run the tool under cold water so its extra cold. I love how it de-puffs and cools and refreshes face & my eye area. I love it. I have just ordered the Nurse Jaime uplift roller as I love this little Sisley roller so much it made me want a larger one. The cream itself is the perfect consistency for my eyes. Its beautifully hydrating without being greasy. It feels quite heavy in the jar but once applied it absorbs beautifully & doesn't cause milia. Makeup sits beautifully on top. If I'm feeling very dry I'll wait for it to absorb then put a tiny amount Farsali rose gold elixer on top before my primer. I use it on top of The Ordinary Argireline or La Mer lifting eye serum and my eyes have never looked better. I would definitely buy again.

on 3/21/2018 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have bought the 2017 version ( which is an important given, cause the structure has totally changed).

Is it a nice eyecream? Hell yes (what would you expect for such price!!).
Is it worth the price? My initial thought was ‘no’, but after using this eye cream for about 6 months, I know I will never go back to another. And I have tried many many many....

Only negative point: Why not using a pump dispenser? Sisley should know better. The jar packaging for skin care is outdated/not preferable at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I would say this is the best eye cream I've ever used. I'm 24 and do not need much in terms of anti-aging. What i want to do is just early prevention. I'm not looking for an eye cream that helps me eliminate dark eye circles because my sleep cycle is not the best and i don't expect any eye cream to miraculously remove dark circles. This product is very rich in consistency, sinks in well. Of course for my age I can't really notice a huge WOW difference like my eyes have gone 10 years younger. But undereye concealer applies smoothly under it, no lines. It reduces puffiness and eyebags. I think it may have lightened by dark eye circles- but i can't confirm this due to many other factors. It is expensive. But one tub lasted me for 2 years - with AM and PM use on just the eyes. I think it's a pretty reasonable investment if i want to have younger looking eyes 10 years later. I took off one lippie bcuz if i rub the product into my eyes accidentally, it stings a lil bit and makes me tear up. I try to avoid rubbing my eye after i apply this. I would say i'd definitely repurchase bcuz it is the only eye cream that works and i trust that it will prevent anti-aging for me.

on 10/13/2017 6:20:00 PM

Update, I have just finished a jar of the newly updated Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream. I did not notice any difference good or bad with the new version. It is still a wonderful eye cream that it worth the splurge.

This eye cream is my top pick, and I have tried many different ones!

My eye concerns are mostly puffiness, loss of elasticity, and fine lines. I have sensitive eyes that become irritated very easily. I use this products in conjunction with the La Prairie Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex. If I had to only pick one I would choose the La Prairie and use a less expensive eye cream.

Pro's
At first use, I liked this product. It has a light creamy texture that absorbs into the skin quickly. It's workable and spreads evenly around the eye contour. After about four weeks of use, I noticed the skin under my eyes appeared more firm, and smoother. The increase of firmness helped reduce the puffiness. This is the first eye cream that has improved my under eye bags. People have told me, that I look great and well rested.

Con's
Jar packaging is bad because it can get contaminated.

(Sisley has updated this product recently. Once I finish the jar, I will go buy the new version. I can give updates with any noticeable changes in the new formula and packaging.)

I would like to state that I only review a product after I have finished the entire full size. If I was not able to finish the product due to irritation, I will say so in my review.

on 5/22/2016 10:26:00 AM

After using a sample of this I just had to have the full size, price tag be damned. I mean, that little sample sachet lasted me 2 weeks with nightly use: I needed so little of the product to moisturize my lower and upper eyelids. Like the other reviewers I`ve been using many different brands of eye creams, but this one was simply different and better than the others: it moisturized really well without millia or irritation, it helped my concealers apply better and not sit into lines, and my whole under eye area just looked and felt much better after 2 weeks. I have no issues with puffiness. My problems are fine lines and dark circles and it works well for those, better than anything else I`ve tried. I HATE the price, and that`s my main gripe, but will try to find it somewhere at a discount.

on 7/2/2015 12:39:00 PM

This is my HG eye treatment. I'm 40+, I use this cream from time to time (always looking for something even better :)) for more than 10 years. And I repurchase this cream after all.
It just takes a very little amount to bring your under eye skin to its best. Just give this cream time to work. You know Sisleya eye cream is like a very good housekeeper, you never know how and when she/he works, but the result is visible.

Comparing to other expensive eye treatments. Now I'm with ReVive moisture renewal eye cream, can't complain but shall wait 2+ months to write the review. I do love SwissLine 360 ANTI-WRINKLE EYE ZONE SERUM and EYE ZONE TRANSFORMING MASK, but disliked all the eye creams from this brand. And I wasn't impressed by Sisley Supremya for eyes at all unfortunately, just waist of money.

on 11/7/2014 12:34:00 PM

I thought I had reviewed this previously, but another MUA reviewer just pointed out to me that I hadn't. My requirements for an eye cream are straightforward--very moisturizing, no fragrance, doesn't cause milia. I found this eye cream by accident a long time ago. I heard someone in Bergdorf Goodman talking about how she recommended an eye cream from another counter because it was so rich. I bought it, and I really liked it. Thereafter, I got more creative and found it for a better price on eBay. Current retail price is $205, which is outrageous. After my third jar (I used plenty of other eye creams in between, because I really had a hard time with the price), I was just not feeling it anymore. It was rich, but not overly thick, and some days, it actually wasn't enough. So it's been a few months since I've used it, and I have missed it on some days, but I just can't bring myself to repurchase it.

on 11/4/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for 2 years now after reading about it in here. I had a bad history with an Estee eye cream (time zone i think), I had an allergic reaction to it so I needed a good remedy. This has undone what it did. I don't just use eye cream just to get rid of wrinkles, after I wash my face I actually feel the need to put on eye cream because I feel a discomfort in that area, it gets really tight. This moisturises really well. It's also true for me that if I use it in the morning I get puffy eyes and darker circles. That's why I use la mer eye balm intense in the AM (it is too weak to use at night, not moisturising enough) and this in the PM. The combination works really well for me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 14 years now. I view it as preventative going forward as opposed to repair. It's pricey but it's also very difficult to stray. I've tried other eye creams but nothing lives up to this in my experience. It's pretty rich and true that you can get very puffy if you use too much; especially if applying it at night - which I don't do. So long as you use only just enough to lubricate the eye area it's super. And It lasts a good long time. Other creams can feel greasy / heavy compared to this; it's really light and invisible on; no problem for make up application. I get through about 2 jars a year but because too often I use it as full lip treatment as opposed to the 'surrounding' lip area that I think it's intended for; I've yet to find that really perfect lip balm (although Sisley's is very very good) Recently a few friends have begun to ask me what I use on my eyes as at just past my 40 th birthday I've yet to show real creases / dark zones / bags ... although I have to admit my lifestyle is also pretty virtuous and this surely impacts. Typically dismayed to hear that I've been into this for 10 / + years (as it's so pricey and not easy to get samples in UK) I'd say that whilst I am willing to try all sorts of stuff on my face as I am a real beauty product addict, for the eyes I will not cut the budget. It's Sisley 100 % for me on eyes: mascara, make up remover & this stuff. Read the reviews from the youngsters (under 30's) ladies - they don't really need this yet... and the price/performance will not live up to expectations as a consequence. But if they used it till their 40's ... maybe a different story. This is true for a ton of great products on here .. reviews / results suffer because the customer is not really the target age group for the product. I started youngish on this one at about 26 years old, but I think that this (Sisleya) range of Sisley products is targeted at skin that's starting to need some serious help - 35 + ish...something like that... no need for products this rich in our 20's!!

on 6/3/2014 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This eye cream had a lot to live up to, as I'd been using La Prairie Skin Caviar Eye Lift prior to purchasing this. My main concern is fine lines, and this cream is perfection. It's incredibly hydrating, making it ideal for nighttime healing at keeping wrinkles at bay. It plumps out my fine lines and shaves at least 5-8 years off my age (I'm 38). Another thing I love about this cream is that you can control the hydration level, which is perfect for day/night since you have control. I've worn it during the day and haven't had an issue with eye makeup. I also apply a small amount around my lip line before bed, and I've noticed my lipstick isn't bleeding anymore. What can I say? I don't dole out five stars easily. I think this is love.

NB: for those seeking relief from puffiness and/or dark circles, I highly recommend using the Sisley Eye Contour Mask first. It really firms the eye area, and you blot it off with a tissue before applying eye cream, so it lasts. Much cheaper than the Sislea Eye Serum...