LUSH Colour Supplement

LUSH Colour Supplement

3.8

Fresh Rose Petal Infusion (rosa damascena), Soya Oil (glycine soja), Titanium Dioxide, Rice Bran Oil (Oryza sativa), Stearic Acid, Talc, Gylcerine, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Colour 77491, Colour 77499, Colour 77492, Methylparaben, Propylparben.

on 4/14/2016 12:48:00 PM

I have and olive skin tone, and I purchased Dark Yellow pigment. Loved this, and I really didn't expect to! Can't have ever been happier with a foundation/skin tint. I also bought Imperialis face cream to mix it in with, amazing combination!

I truly have combination/oily skin, specifically a really dry nose and a really oily forehead. I was so on the fence about buying this because I researched it for days and found a 50/50 mix of good and bad reviews. But anyone who wrote the reviews and took photos, (even if they weren't impressed), I marvelled at the glow their skin had after applying it - and not the shiny dewy glow that makes me think 'ew'. So I thought, alright. I'll try anything LUSH at least once let's give it a go!

First impression in the store, yikes that is a small container. And it really looks dark - how the hell will this match my skin-tone? Tried some on my wrist, matched great. Texture was awesome. So I talked myself into it! I didn't research for hours to not know what it would look like.

At home: I put off trying it for a few days honestly. I was terrified I wouldn't like it, I was worried it would make me break out or that it would be too thick (like I had read elsewhere, they described it as 'sticky' - gross.) But I couldn't put it off any longer, so I dabbed it lightly on my face beside small dabs of the Imperialis I bought to go with it. I mixed it together on my face with my fingers and WOW. I had it, I had the glow! It was so easy and blendable, really good coverage and it evened everything out perfectly. It wasn't too thick or too thin I got really excited and ran around looking in different mirror and different lighting - always looked amazing! I didn't even have to use nearly as much concealer as I would normally under my eyes it was just truly amazing!

Throughout the day: Stayed on perfectly, definitely wasn't thick/sticky at all, did not accentuate the dry patches I always get on my nose and best of all did NOT make my skin greasy OR dry. The glow lived on and on. And there was none of that orange-ish hue I'm used to seeing. It looked so natural in the sunlight - which is rare for my skin tone.

Bottom line: I love everything about this product, I don't know if I'll ever go back to any other foundation again. It can be as light or as heavy as you like and it, like most LUSH products, feels incredible on the skin. The jar looks tiny, but for daily use you really don't need much and it absolutely hasn't made my skin breakout/ feel over oily at all. I feel as though the jar, even though it looks small, will last me at least a month if not longer because of how little you need to use. Definitely recommend!

I have been a makeup artist for three years now professionally and have a long list of products I say no to, due to the animal testing Bologna. So, that being said I was introduced to glorious Lush last year, and fell into a true loves spell. This foundation is all I ever needed. At first just a few skin ranges existed but recently they have added more darker shades and light. (Even a bronzer, setting powder, and highlighter!) it is layerable, light to full coverage and highly blendable.

To Read all 150 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/28/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like that this product is natural and not full of harsh chemicals.....according to LUSH reps. I was skeptical about this product because it didn't seem like it could do much for my current situation with acne scars. But I am currently using it and I do like it. It works better than my lighter foundation I've been using a BB cream and this is buildable. I build up the color where my scars are and then I add a bit of coverage to help me along and have to say that this is worth the price for a safer product that I put on my skin and does not test on animals as well. I've been more careful about the products I use since I've heard so many things about the chemicals in beauty products. So I like the coverage. If you have pretty good skin and want something light, you can use a little, use more if you want heavier coverage. Overall the Dark Yellow works for me during the winter months. I have to mix this with another color in the line if summer comes around, but I'm okay with that.

on 12/28/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not as bad as I expected from reading other reviews. It has alright coverage as long as you aren't trying to cover blemishes/ bad scarring and it does cake up a bit/ looks kind of patchy and sticks to dry spots. Only got this because it was an alright price compared to other foundations and because it's not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love love love this product! I have quite oily skin with some scarring and occasional breakouts. Before using this product I would use a MAC foundation followed by one of their powders to hide all the flaws on my face and it just created a layer over my skin that trapped oil and gave me more pimples. I now use the dark pink supplement mixed with a little bit of moisturiser as my base/primer and just use a little bit of foundation powder over the top. The result is a much more natural look and fewer pimples as the supplement moves with my skin as opposed to having a layer of makeup on my skin. It has a light-medium overage and I find it extremely bendable.

PROS:
- affordable on it's own and I have no need for a primer/concealer or liquid foundation anymore either saving more money
- healthier for the skin (oat based) so works with the skin
- provides a very natural makeup look

CONS
- only 5 shades to choose from (is very bendable though)

I have to say I am super disappointed in this product. There are so many problems with this product that I can't even find a good use for it. My review for this product is manly for using this alone over moisturizer and/or primer, because this offers no coverage otherwise.

So, first things first. The biggest problem with this product is that you literally can't blend this into your skin. When I tried to blend this in with my fingers, it's like it dries instantly and starts peeling off in chunks! Someone else on here described it as eraser debris, and that is exactly what it feels like. It seems like just a tiny bit of rubbing made this happen, so the only way to apply this with a sponge and dab it in. A huge problem with this method is that the product still dries so fast that it is near impossible to avoid cakey and blotchy areas.

Medium coverage, despite having a very thick consistency. It dries super fast to a matte finish that is quite powdery. Because of the very matte finish and thick consistency this can really accentuates any bumps or uneven skin (like acne scaring etc). It also enhances any kind of dry patches og areas like crazy.

As for the color this is (next to the eraser debris thing) one of the biggest problems. I bought the shade Light pink. The shade looked very good in the jar and with a single swatch it actually looked about 1-2 shades to light for me but I knew it would darken a bit as it dried. This in fact dried both to a completely different shade, as well as being ATLEAST 4-5 shades darker (I'm not kidding). I would say this looks like it a MAC NW15 in the jar, and dries to maybe NW35/40. I'm using swatch pictures to compare so don't quote me on the shades matching, but that is how much it oxidises. It also goes from a slight rosy complexion to straight up orange in my opinion.

I did try to blend with other foundations to correct the color and finish, but a big problem was that this wouldn't mix with some types, I think due to oil vs water based products.

Packaging is compact and and small, so it is travel friendly, but a jar is one of the most unsanitary containers for this kind of product because you are forced to dip a brush or finger in there every time you use it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

tl;dr horrible finish and the Jackie Oates shade (the palest one AFAIK) is yellow as anything. Do not apply with a beauty blender. In fact, don't apply it at all as it's hard to blend even with fingers, as it sets quickly. The coverage isn't very good. Smells bad too. The little tub which you have to dip into is unhygienic but sturdy for travelling.

I bought this on a whim, but I checked reviews when I got home and was impressed by the reviews. However I have not had the good experience that many others have had.

I have a lot of redness on my face and I use colour correcting concealer underneath my foundation to hide it. I tried to blend this product on top with a beauty blender and it. was. awful. It caked, it dried very quickly and was hard to blend. My green concealer was rubbed away and it was as if none of it had been put on. The yellow shade did not hide my redness well at all.

Speaking of the the shade - Jackie Oates - it was incredibly yellow. This is more suitable for mixing with other products to warm them up. I am quite pale, around an NW15/NC15, and this was nowhere near my shade. (For reference, I use Revlon Colourstay for Normal/Dry skin in Ivory, and I mix that with two drops of a white foundation for my exact shade.)

I am not sensitive at all to smell, but the smell of this product put me off. It was quite chemical-y. (I'm not good with describing smells.) Usually scent doesn't bother me, since I'm used to strong smelling candles and perfume, and I don't have sensitive skin which is sensitive to parfum/fragrance.

The little glass tub is very sturdy and I imagine that it would be safe in your suitcase if you were travelling, or if you were to keep it in your handbag/purse during the day. However dipping into it with your fingers or your brushes doesn't appeal to me as this is rather unhygienic and if I'm honest, a little messy.

It's advertised as being highly pigmented but I still needed my concealer (thank goodness I had one yellow enough to match it). As previously mentioned, it did not cover redness well at all.

I did not like the finish even after it was powdered, however it did last well. (I wore it all day, from about 10am/11am until after 9pm at night.) It did not wear off and despite my problems, I was impressed with this.

on 8/4/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this in Dark Yellow and in Charisma. This is an oil-based foundation that comes in a little glass screw-top jar. I apply it with a teardrop-pointed foundation brush, and I use it over my whole face as my foundation. In MAC Face & Body Foundation my shade is C4, and Dark Yellow blends into my skin as well as C4. Dark Yellow is deeper and more skin-colored than most yellow correctors (i.e.Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Yellow Color Base), I can apply it everywhere and looks natural and really really great.It looks just like my skin but better!

I also use Charisma Color Supplement. I thought Charisma was the same formula as the Dark Yellow but in a dark apricot color, but it's not at all. Charisma's formula is much thinner, and it's really a glittery bronzer. It doesn't add much color to my skin, but it could provide a "glow" if I ever needed any extra shimmer. I tried it on my lips, but it dried up, and the color didn't show. I probably won't repurchase Charisma, because it adds shine but nothing else.

I will absolutely repurchase Dark Yellow, which gives me flawless-looking skin.

on 6/16/2015 4:41:00 AM

Im in the shade Yellow (Don't ask why) ...it's universal for all types of asian Skin.

Anyways the product itself is not recommended for oily skin...it's oil based so it looks dewy on me so I love it...

Make sure to blend well with a foundation brush and it could also be your concealer :)

on 5/5/2015 11:04:00 AM

I bought this as I saw it in store and thought that it looked really versatile. It is a lovely texture that can be mixed with moisturiser or used directly on skin. I bought light yellow and it is the perfect colour for my skin tone. It goes on smoothly and while lightweight gives a nice even finish which I followed up with a light dusting of mineral powder. However I was very disappointed to find that it contained parabens. I usually always check ingredient listings but as I was in Lush I presumed that they did not use any synthetic preservatives. I have since read Lush's statement about the use of parabens and I understand that some products need preservatives for safety reasons. Lush state that they use a minimum level of parabens and the product is otherwise natural. It is a lovely product however knowing that I can buy paraben free alternatives I won't repurchase this. I will however try to colour match it with another product as the colour is perfect.