OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

Filtered by eye Color : Green
OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

4.8

I miss this color...!!! it got too clumpy and I threw it. Since I'm influenced by the names of OPI's polish so much, I bought this one right around my 20th birthday. It really is a more sophisticated "grown up" red. A muted rose. Its a tender color to my heart because I wore it the last time my true love got me roses. I am going to search for it again!!!! trust.

on 4/5/2009 3:17:00 AM

I have used this for maybe 10 years. Every year I buy a new one. It's the perfect shade between red, mauve, pink, brown. I seriously always get compliments on this color with people asking me what it is. It's so flattering especially on my toes for sandel season but looks so hot in those peep toe sexy heels I love This is absolutely my HG polish.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to be a nail tech, so I have a bunch of polishes and I always keep buying new ones even though I go back to my old faves. Anyway, I was bored and wanted to polish my nails red, but not my usual vampy red or my deep reds, or even my true reds, so I found my old 20 Candles, which I only had because one of my old clients absolutely loved this color and that's the only color I used on her. I've always found it boring.....until last night. Wow, it just looks so pretty. It looks red against my skin tone, but not a bright red or a mauve red. It just looks like a "finished" red if that makes sense. I feel like I could wear it with everything-even pink. It's kind of like I'm wearing a neutral tone-but in a red.

on 10/7/2007 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a vibrant candied-rose cream on me. There is nothing red about it. [disclaimer: I have yellow undertones and everything looks purpler on me]. I can see why some people say off-cherry, though. It's blue-based pink, and it pops like a cherry red. I think it is very beautiful and young on short nails. Unfortunately, in dim light it is just this side of a dull magenta, which I find unflattering. Kind of a pasty raspberry. This is also a color with some ambiguity that can turn on you based on what else you're wearing, even though it's a flat, cream color.

This was the first polish by Opi that I have ever bought. I was chums with one lady on this site and she had a whole list of them up for swap, and I asked for a picture. Things got a little too busy, and I remembered from the boards this same polish, so I bought it. It's a lovely opaque mauve color without looking too old for my age. I've gotten to the point that I wear it on friends' birthdays to not look too weird for their parents and to family events when you can't really be yourself. I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

This looks MUCH better on the nails than in the bottle. Had one of my coworkers not been wearing this shade & I loved how it looked on her, I'd have never picked up the bottle on my own to try out.

on 10/21/2005 10:20:00 PM

Ohhhhhyeahhhh! This is beautiful! It's a muddy red, sort of like Bobbi Brown's Brown lipstick is actually a muddy pink? I'm a cool-toned LLL and on me this is a softened red, not really pink but definitely not pure red. Difficult to describe, but a definite must have. I prefer shimmer or cremes, very few 'frosts' and no glitter for me thank you. I don't really understand the name of this shade, but the color does frost my cake :D

I've always found red to be a hard color to wear on my nails. I can't wear "I'm Not Really a Waitress" even though it's really popular and most people say they love it. But 20 Candles on My Cake looks wonderful with my light skin with yellow undertones. It's a wonderful spring/summer shade, but I plan to wear it all year round. :)

on 1/1/2005 5:46:00 PM

Great color! My latest favorite from OPI. I've got it on my tips AND toes right now- and I NEVER match, but it's just such a great color for both. I don't usually wear dark colors on my hands, but this brick red shade is great if you want to venture slowly into the dark side- it's not OTT at all. In some lights it looks really red (albeit muted), and in others it looks more reddish-brown, like the bottle color. I'm cool-toned and pale and this is awesome on me; I think it would work well across a variety of skintones. Go get it!

Popular Polishes