OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

4.8

on 6/7/2011 3:42:00 PM

This is a great deep pink that is perfectly sophisticated for pale skin. It's great for spring and fall as you transition from/into deep, darker colors. Work appropriate and girly. Love it.

on 8/6/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would describe color as - **off-red** .. brown red, yet almost deep pink.

Finish is **glossy creme** / **office-appropriate**

As with all OPI polishs I've tried... goes on easy.. and wears well.

**descriptions/terms lifted from other MUA reviews that I agree with**

This is a beautiful, dark rosy pink that looks much lighter in the bottle than it did on my skin. Still, it's just lovely, and goes so well with my cool skin tones. I used it for a mani/pedi and it lasted nearly 8 days. This is a great pink tone for fall.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this polish! It's a great polish for toes... it goes great with my skin tone! Definitely my "go to" toenail polish!

on 4/3/2008 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought this shade would be too warm for me (cool, PPP) but it somehow works great! On me it looks like a red mixed with a pinkish coral. I think my skintone definitely changes how it looks though, because it doesn't really look like the bottle color, which looks much more pink. It dries several shades darker than bottle color. The application was great, I had full coverage at one coat, but applied a second to deepen the color. I'm on day 4 with no chips!

on 2/21/2008 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of my favorite polish colors ever, especially since it's very fitting for me as I'm about to turn 20! It's a very unique and intruiging color that's hard to picture unless you've seen it, a creme that is an interesting enough color to never seem "flat". It has red, pink, and brown tones in an interesting mix that can look different on different people or in different light. It also the benefit of being a "neutral red" as another reviewer described it and looking good with anything as it has both warm and cool tones. People who see the red and brown tones might call it tomato red or muted red while people who see the pink and red tones might call it mauve. But really, it has no easy name other than 20 candles! For me I think the pink tones come through the most clear. The best way I can describe it is a pink with brown undertones and strong red overtones. Less of a muted red and more of a "revved up" dusky rose, or a dusky rose with a bit of cherry. Basically it's walking the line between rose and red. However you describe it it's a very attractive, sexy, sweet and never boring color! If you are a red OR pink nail polish fan, give 20 candles a try-it can be a wearable red for people who only wear pink and a pink for people who love red!

I bought this polish about 4 years ago and I haven't been able to find it at any nail salon since then. This color is a muted tomato/brick red next to my PPP skin. This is a perfect color for a pedicure. I receive lots of compliments when I wear this shade.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a very flat dark pink-red nailpolish. It's such an odd color to describe, since it is not dark nor light. It falls somewhere in the medium dark catagory. This is the only one I will buy of this shade, it's not very thrilling in any sense. It can be used as a basic everyday color, it's just a basic color for some people I guess. This color isn't for me, but it's ok.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this shade! It is just soooooo HOT! I give 6 lippies :-)))))

This is a terrific muted brick red that is great to wear year round. It is very similar to Orly's "You're Fired"--just a little bit lighter.

Popular Polishes