OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

4.3

on 11/23/2012 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My mum got me this as a present a while ago. I really like the colour itself - a deep yet kind of subtle sort of red. Unfortunately, I think it looks terrible with my skin tone. It just looks awfully drab on me. :( Very sad, as the colour and quality of the polish are excellent.

on 5/11/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Another red shade winner in my book! You can't go wrong with this shade! I see it as a muted medium brick red color ( I don't see any pink in it) - very neutral looking. Great coverage with even just one coat (2 worked best for me) - Will definitely buy again.

on 8/6/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would describe color as - **off-red** .. brown red, yet almost deep pink.

Finish is **glossy creme** / **office-appropriate**

As with all OPI polishs I've tried... goes on easy.. and wears well.

**descriptions/terms lifted from other MUA reviews that I agree with**

on 2/21/2008 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of my favorite polish colors ever, especially since it's very fitting for me as I'm about to turn 20! It's a very unique and intruiging color that's hard to picture unless you've seen it, a creme that is an interesting enough color to never seem "flat". It has red, pink, and brown tones in an interesting mix that can look different on different people or in different light. It also the benefit of being a "neutral red" as another reviewer described it and looking good with anything as it has both warm and cool tones. People who see the red and brown tones might call it tomato red or muted red while people who see the pink and red tones might call it mauve. But really, it has no easy name other than 20 candles! For me I think the pink tones come through the most clear. The best way I can describe it is a pink with brown undertones and strong red overtones. Less of a muted red and more of a "revved up" dusky rose, or a dusky rose with a bit of cherry. Basically it's walking the line between rose and red. However you describe it it's a very attractive, sexy, sweet and never boring color! If you are a red OR pink nail polish fan, give 20 candles a try-it can be a wearable red for people who only wear pink and a pink for people who love red!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to be a nail tech, so I have a bunch of polishes and I always keep buying new ones even though I go back to my old faves. Anyway, I was bored and wanted to polish my nails red, but not my usual vampy red or my deep reds, or even my true reds, so I found my old 20 Candles, which I only had because one of my old clients absolutely loved this color and that's the only color I used on her. I've always found it boring.....until last night. Wow, it just looks so pretty. It looks red against my skin tone, but not a bright red or a mauve red. It just looks like a "finished" red if that makes sense. I feel like I could wear it with everything-even pink. It's kind of like I'm wearing a neutral tone-but in a red.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a very flat dark pink-red nailpolish. It's such an odd color to describe, since it is not dark nor light. It falls somewhere in the medium dark catagory. This is the only one I will buy of this shade, it's not very thrilling in any sense. It can be used as a basic everyday color, it's just a basic color for some people I guess. This color isn't for me, but it's ok.

on 1/20/2006 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I agree with the other gals that this is a great "stepping stone" between neutrals and deeper fall colors. I think it's a nice professional look because the color is muted enough not to scream "red!" but it looks really pretty and polished. I'm very PPP, so neutrals tend to look really blah on me, but I feel like this is appropriate for the office. With two coats it was *almost* opaque -- probably should have done a couple touch-ups.

Popular Polishes