OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

4.8

on 6/7/2011 3:42:00 PM

This is a great deep pink that is perfectly sophisticated for pale skin. It's great for spring and fall as you transition from/into deep, darker colors. Work appropriate and girly. Love it.

on 7/13/2009 5:21:00 AM

My favorite red nail polish! Fire engine red soon became too ordinary for me, and I immediately fell in love with this understated shade as soon as I picked up a bottle. It's the perfect rosy red, and I love it on both my fingers and toes.

on 8/6/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would describe color as - **off-red** .. brown red, yet almost deep pink.

Finish is **glossy creme** / **office-appropriate**

As with all OPI polishs I've tried... goes on easy.. and wears well.

**descriptions/terms lifted from other MUA reviews that I agree with**

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this polish! It's a great polish for toes... it goes great with my skin tone! Definitely my "go to" toenail polish!

on 3/12/2008 1:59:00 PM

This is one of my favorite colors, especially now (in mid-March) when my skin is at its palest and bright colors look sort of garish.
20 Candles on my Cake is a soft, subdued brick red which i think would be very flattering on most skin tones. If you're tired of always wearing pales and sheers but find red a bit too much, check this one out.

on 10/7/2007 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a vibrant candied-rose cream on me. There is nothing red about it. [disclaimer: I have yellow undertones and everything looks purpler on me]. I can see why some people say off-cherry, though. It's blue-based pink, and it pops like a cherry red. I think it is very beautiful and young on short nails. Unfortunately, in dim light it is just this side of a dull magenta, which I find unflattering. Kind of a pasty raspberry. This is also a color with some ambiguity that can turn on you based on what else you're wearing, even though it's a flat, cream color.

This looks MUCH better on the nails than in the bottle. Had one of my coworkers not been wearing this shade & I loved how it looked on her, I'd have never picked up the bottle on my own to try out.

This is a terrific muted brick red that is great to wear year round. It is very similar to Orly's "You're Fired"--just a little bit lighter.

Popular Polishes