OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

4.7

on 5/5/2017 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Soft pinky red that is not too bold and very flattering. Lasts average amount of time for me before chipping. Applies easily in 2 coats. Would probably repurchase. Nothing negative about it I'm just not wowed by it and do not reach for it often. 3.5/5

on 7/10/2012 8:39:00 PM

20 Candles On My Cake is my favorite soft red. I've been wearing it for several years and haven't found a soft red that works on my NC20 skin quite as well. This is the red polish I wear to work when I want to to wear a more high-impact color, but still look professional. I wear it on fingers and toes. The formula for this particular OPI polish is pretty good - not streaky, and I get full coverage with two coats. It does wear well, but it helps that I use a good base coat and top coat. Look this one up, if you're in the market for this kind of color.

on 6/7/2011 3:42:00 PM

This is a great deep pink that is perfectly sophisticated for pale skin. It's great for spring and fall as you transition from/into deep, darker colors. Work appropriate and girly. Love it.

on 6/20/2010 12:53:00 PM

I was looking for a soft not-bloody red for a loooong time, and I may say that I found it. It's creamy, a little vintage red, with just a hint of dark pink. It depends on light how it looks. It's calssic actually for me , and you can't go wrong with it. I recommend :) looks nice on toes as well !

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG OPI nail polish- or could be OVERALL. I was bored with all the other reds out there, but this one is amazing...not too dramatic or too bright, this is elegant yet noticeable, perfect for day or night. Goes on so smoothly and shiny...just beautiful. Will be buying this over and over again, that's for sure. Oh yeah, and friends have definitely complimented me on it.

on 7/13/2009 5:21:00 AM

My favorite red nail polish! Fire engine red soon became too ordinary for me, and I immediately fell in love with this understated shade as soon as I picked up a bottle. It's the perfect rosy red, and I love it on both my fingers and toes.

on 4/5/2009 3:17:00 AM

I have used this for maybe 10 years. Every year I buy a new one. It's the perfect shade between red, mauve, pink, brown. I seriously always get compliments on this color with people asking me what it is. It's so flattering especially on my toes for sandel season but looks so hot in those peep toe sexy heels I love This is absolutely my HG polish.

on 8/6/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would describe color as - **off-red** .. brown red, yet almost deep pink.

Finish is **glossy creme** / **office-appropriate**

As with all OPI polishs I've tried... goes on easy.. and wears well.

**descriptions/terms lifted from other MUA reviews that I agree with**

on 3/23/2008 12:29:00 PM

I"ve tried several reds by OPI and thus far, 20 candles and Malaga wine gets my vote. If you've tried Malaga wine before and found that it suits your skin tone, 20 candles should suit you too! 20 candles is more of a creme, subtle red tone with a slight brown tinge. It's not too overwhelming and is still suitable to wear to work.
Oh yes, before i forget, i am able to achieve a good strong colour with just one coat! top it off with poshe top coat and my nails are good to go!
www.kimmiethedog.blogspot.com

on 3/12/2008 1:59:00 PM

This is one of my favorite colors, especially now (in mid-March) when my skin is at its palest and bright colors look sort of garish.
20 Candles on my Cake is a soft, subdued brick red which i think would be very flattering on most skin tones. If you're tired of always wearing pales and sheers but find red a bit too much, check this one out.

Popular Polishes