OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

4.7

on 5/5/2017 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Soft pinky red that is not too bold and very flattering. Lasts average amount of time for me before chipping. Applies easily in 2 coats. Would probably repurchase. Nothing negative about it I'm just not wowed by it and do not reach for it often. 3.5/5

on 8/6/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would describe color as - **off-red** .. brown red, yet almost deep pink.

Finish is **glossy creme** / **office-appropriate**

As with all OPI polishs I've tried... goes on easy.. and wears well.

**descriptions/terms lifted from other MUA reviews that I agree with**

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to be a nail tech, so I have a bunch of polishes and I always keep buying new ones even though I go back to my old faves. Anyway, I was bored and wanted to polish my nails red, but not my usual vampy red or my deep reds, or even my true reds, so I found my old 20 Candles, which I only had because one of my old clients absolutely loved this color and that's the only color I used on her. I've always found it boring.....until last night. Wow, it just looks so pretty. It looks red against my skin tone, but not a bright red or a mauve red. It just looks like a "finished" red if that makes sense. I feel like I could wear it with everything-even pink. It's kind of like I'm wearing a neutral tone-but in a red.

on 10/12/2007 1:43:00 PM

I love this medium, pinkish red. Or very dark pink. It's very wearable and lovely.

This looks MUCH better on the nails than in the bottle. Had one of my coworkers not been wearing this shade & I loved how it looked on her, I'd have never picked up the bottle on my own to try out.

on 2/2/2006 2:01:00 PM

I still don't know exactly how I feel about this polish. Let me start by saying that I'm a very cool-toned PPP. On me, 20 Candles on my Cake is a very muted brick red with some henna tones. In fact, it reminds me of Prismacolor's Henna artist pencil. In some lights, it has a bit of rose to it that reminds me of Chanel's Desert Rose. Sometimes, there is more red in it, but it is always a brick red with warm tones. It looks fantastic on my nails. The creme finish is rich and glossy and it gives me a perfect manicured look with an easy application. The color looks good against my skin tones. So why am I on the fence? Mainly because it does have warm tones and isn't a color I typically wear. Sometimes, I think it may be right on the cusp of being "too warm," but it always looks good. For me, this is more of a Fall color, so I think I'd like it much more in that season because right now, I find myself longing for either super vampy darks, pinks, or corals. A note: I see no "pinked red" or "cherry red" in this. I would guess that it's because I'm cool-toned. Looking over the reviwers that I know, I'd say that if you are warm-tone, this is going to look far more pink/cherry. Cool-toned ladies are going to see a muted brick color. It would be a fantastic red for the warm-toned lady who finds many reds too bright or plum toned or for the cool-toned lady looking for an understated browned red.

on 10/17/2005 11:06:00 AM

A beautiful, subtle, shiny red -- perfect for fall.

This is a terrific muted brick red that is great to wear year round. It is very similar to Orly's "You're Fired"--just a little bit lighter.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Great autumn/fall shade for my tips and toes. A creamy cherry-pinked red that holds a lot of shine even on its 4th day!

on 5/22/2004 2:44:00 PM

Love this color!!! I usually find a favorite in the OPI line and I wear it for several months. This is my latest favorite. I get them to use it when I am getting a pedicure, and I keep a bottle on hand for touch ups , at all times during the warmer months. This is the PERFECT red. Before this I wore Grand Canyon Sunset. OPI is all that I wear, nothing tops it, not even the more expensive brands like Dior or Peek.

Popular Polishes