OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

Filtered by age: 25-29
OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

4.6

on 6/7/2011 3:42:00 PM

This is a great deep pink that is perfectly sophisticated for pale skin. It's great for spring and fall as you transition from/into deep, darker colors. Work appropriate and girly. Love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG OPI nail polish- or could be OVERALL. I was bored with all the other reds out there, but this one is amazing...not too dramatic or too bright, this is elegant yet noticeable, perfect for day or night. Goes on so smoothly and shiny...just beautiful. Will be buying this over and over again, that's for sure. Oh yeah, and friends have definitely complimented me on it.

on 7/10/2008 5:43:00 PM

People have such different experiences with this color--red, brick, coral/red, brownish red, mauve/red. On my fair, slightly cool-toned skin, it reminds me of red velvet cake. . .rich off-red with a touch of cocoa brown. It's pretty and unique, but absolutely office-appropriate. It applies beautifully, and 1-2 coats yields an even, streak-free, glossy creme finish. This is a great option for wearing to work if you're tired of the usual pinks, reds, and neutrals.

on 4/3/2008 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought this shade would be too warm for me (cool, PPP) but it somehow works great! On me it looks like a red mixed with a pinkish coral. I think my skintone definitely changes how it looks though, because it doesn't really look like the bottle color, which looks much more pink. It dries several shades darker than bottle color. The application was great, I had full coverage at one coat, but applied a second to deepen the color. I'm on day 4 with no chips!

on 3/23/2008 12:29:00 PM

I"ve tried several reds by OPI and thus far, 20 candles and Malaga wine gets my vote. If you've tried Malaga wine before and found that it suits your skin tone, 20 candles should suit you too! 20 candles is more of a creme, subtle red tone with a slight brown tinge. It's not too overwhelming and is still suitable to wear to work.
Oh yes, before i forget, i am able to achieve a good strong colour with just one coat! top it off with poshe top coat and my nails are good to go!
www.kimmiethedog.blogspot.com

on 10/7/2007 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a vibrant candied-rose cream on me. There is nothing red about it. [disclaimer: I have yellow undertones and everything looks purpler on me]. I can see why some people say off-cherry, though. It's blue-based pink, and it pops like a cherry red. I think it is very beautiful and young on short nails. Unfortunately, in dim light it is just this side of a dull magenta, which I find unflattering. Kind of a pasty raspberry. This is also a color with some ambiguity that can turn on you based on what else you're wearing, even though it's a flat, cream color.

This was the first polish by Opi that I have ever bought. I was chums with one lady on this site and she had a whole list of them up for swap, and I asked for a picture. Things got a little too busy, and I remembered from the boards this same polish, so I bought it. It's a lovely opaque mauve color without looking too old for my age. I've gotten to the point that I wear it on friends' birthdays to not look too weird for their parents and to family events when you can't really be yourself. I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I finally get why people buy this expensive polish. It is the best! The consistency is just perfect and the wear, well I guess it's good. I just can't seem to keep one color on long enough before trying out another-I've become addicted to OPI! To me 20 Candles On My Cake is like a tomato/brick color with hints of pink that looks just great on my PPP skin. It is a perfect fall shade for an office gal! I do wish all of the bottles came with the pro wide brush, it is magnificent!

on 5/30/2006 8:28:00 PM

Love this! Definitely a favorite. I'm very pale (NC15) and I have a hard time wearing reds. This is just muted enough to work beautifully! This has become one of my winter standards for my toes. And, like other OPIs, it goes on beautifully. A real winner.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a very flat dark pink-red nailpolish. It's such an odd color to describe, since it is not dark nor light. It falls somewhere in the medium dark catagory. This is the only one I will buy of this shade, it's not very thrilling in any sense. It can be used as a basic everyday color, it's just a basic color for some people I guess. This color isn't for me, but it's ok.

Popular Polishes