OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

OPI 20 Candles On My Cake

4.7

on 11/23/2012 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My mum got me this as a present a while ago. I really like the colour itself - a deep yet kind of subtle sort of red. Unfortunately, I think it looks terrible with my skin tone. It just looks awfully drab on me. :( Very sad, as the colour and quality of the polish are excellent.

on 6/20/2010 12:53:00 PM

I was looking for a soft not-bloody red for a loooong time, and I may say that I found it. It's creamy, a little vintage red, with just a hint of dark pink. It depends on light how it looks. It's calssic actually for me , and you can't go wrong with it. I recommend :) looks nice on toes as well !

I miss this color...!!! it got too clumpy and I threw it. Since I'm influenced by the names of OPI's polish so much, I bought this one right around my 20th birthday. It really is a more sophisticated "grown up" red. A muted rose. Its a tender color to my heart because I wore it the last time my true love got me roses. I am going to search for it again!!!! trust.

This is a beautiful, dark rosy pink that looks much lighter in the bottle than it did on my skin. Still, it's just lovely, and goes so well with my cool skin tones. I used it for a mani/pedi and it lasted nearly 8 days. This is a great pink tone for fall.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this polish! It's a great polish for toes... it goes great with my skin tone! Definitely my "go to" toenail polish!

on 2/21/2008 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of my favorite polish colors ever, especially since it's very fitting for me as I'm about to turn 20! It's a very unique and intruiging color that's hard to picture unless you've seen it, a creme that is an interesting enough color to never seem "flat". It has red, pink, and brown tones in an interesting mix that can look different on different people or in different light. It also the benefit of being a "neutral red" as another reviewer described it and looking good with anything as it has both warm and cool tones. People who see the red and brown tones might call it tomato red or muted red while people who see the pink and red tones might call it mauve. But really, it has no easy name other than 20 candles! For me I think the pink tones come through the most clear. The best way I can describe it is a pink with brown undertones and strong red overtones. Less of a muted red and more of a "revved up" dusky rose, or a dusky rose with a bit of cherry. Basically it's walking the line between rose and red. However you describe it it's a very attractive, sexy, sweet and never boring color! If you are a red OR pink nail polish fan, give 20 candles a try-it can be a wearable red for people who only wear pink and a pink for people who love red!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this shade! It is just soooooo HOT! I give 6 lippies :-)))))

I've always found red to be a hard color to wear on my nails. I can't wear "I'm Not Really a Waitress" even though it's really popular and most people say they love it. But 20 Candles on My Cake looks wonderful with my light skin with yellow undertones. It's a wonderful spring/summer shade, but I plan to wear it all year round. :)

on 1/1/2005 5:46:00 PM

Great color! My latest favorite from OPI. I've got it on my tips AND toes right now- and I NEVER match, but it's just such a great color for both. I don't usually wear dark colors on my hands, but this brick red shade is great if you want to venture slowly into the dark side- it's not OTT at all. In some lights it looks really red (albeit muted), and in others it looks more reddish-brown, like the bottle color. I'm cool-toned and pale and this is awesome on me; I think it would work well across a variety of skintones. Go get it!