Dr. Dans Cortibalm

Filtered by skin tone : Other
 Dr. Dans Cortibalm

on 1/6/2016 3:19:00 AM

It's okay, but there are better alternatives...

I initially tried this lip balm because of the good reviews. I have come to realize that the majority of the positive reviews must be because people think that there are no other options. After I first used it and found that it was greasy and messy, I looked at the ingredients and realized why. It is mostly made of petrolatum and mineral oil. I then tried to figure out why it smelled so strange - not necessarily a terrible smell, just strange. The only other ingredient is beeswax, so I can't figure out why it smells the way it does. Despite the fact that the packaging says "the only lip balm with 1% hydrocortisone," I decided to do a quick Google search anyway. It turns out that there are actually 2 other lip balms that I could find with 1% hydrocortisone, so I don't know what is with their packaging. One of the products is called Lipster Medicated lip balm and the other is FixMySkin healing lip balm. I have now tried both of these products and they both smell really good and aren't greasy like Cortibalm. Lipster is the one I prefer because of the ingredients and price. I also get better results from it. I just thought I would let everyone know just in case there are others that feel like me and think that Cortibalm is the only solution.

on 9/2/2012 11:03:00 PM

I purchased this product after hearing about all of the rave reviews and after suffering from chronic chapped lips. My lips had began to peel, bleed and itch around the lip line and my lips were constantly dry. I am not sure what caused my condition but nothing else was working to heal them. I had tried all kinds of lip treatments and balms to no avail. Not being able to find the product anywhere, I ordered it through my local pharmacy. As soon as it arrived, I applied it. I was totally blown away by the immediate results. My lips were instantly hydrated and the peeling stopped. I left it on overnight and in the morning, my lips were totally healed! As one of the other reviewers stated, the healthy pink color of my lips returned. My lips are now soft, hydrated and SEXY looking. Ladies if you have problems with chapped dry lips, please give Cortibalm a try. It's worth every penny. With a money back guarantee, you can't beat it!