Dr. Dans Cortibalm

Dr. Dans Cortibalm

4.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This balm is great and did solve my dry lips issue. HOWEVER I do not use it often due to the controversy of hydrocortisone, many skincare forums warn of the ingredient thinning skin over time. I would rather everyone make the decision for themselves if they are concerned, so please research first. For me personally I do not want to run the risk of thinning out the skin on my lips. Thus why I don't use it on a daily basis. If it weren't for that, I'd use it around the clock. It does stay on my lips over night and leave them supple.

You can decide if it's worth the risk.

on 10/12/2016 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My family has used only this for years. Nothing comes even close to this product. Highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

LIFE CHANGING

on 10/19/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
- moisturizing, practically melts dry flakes off
- plumps in a way that takes away liplines
- no drying after effect
- no oily/greasy film left

Cons:
- no spf
- needs to be reapplied throughout the day
- contains 1% hydrocortisone which can suppress adrenal glands with continuous persistent use

on 8/4/2013 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I joined this website specifically to sing the praises of this product! This lip balm is truly a miracle for me!!!
I suffered from eczema and dry lips that constantly itches, peels and burns! I may have one good day in a long while, where my lips are well-behave, but as soon as I dared put on any lipstick or get foundation near my lips, I would pay penance with a major breakout. Numerous research into why I was suffering this badly, lead nowhere. I’ve tried everything from La Mer to plain old Blistex, to no avail. If you can name a brand or product, I can tell you that I’ve already tried it! My situation was so bad, I wouldn’t leave the house without some sort of a lip balm for fear of my lips throwing a tantrum.
Then I discovered the hard to find Dr. Dan’s Cortibalm…my life changed. My lips are still recovering with scarring from previous breakout, but they are a 1000% better. IN fact, I now can wear lipsticks on a daily basis, with my lips never feeling dry. I have not had a breakout since I’ve started using this product. My lips are also looking healthier and (hope I am not imagining this) plumper! They have a healthy pinkish tint to them, the like of which I have not seen since I was a teenager!
Because it contains cortisone, I wouldn’t recommend using this product all the time. I supplement throughout the day with either Carmex or Kiehl’s Lip balm (pot), as needed. But, I keep a stick in every single purses that I own.
AS everyone else have mentioned, they are hard to find in store. I order mine on Amazon, and just buy a lot of it for one shipping.
The product does have a strong scent, but this does not bother me at all. It feels just like a lip balm should feel in my opinion; it is not sticky or slick, and it sinks it well. Moisturizing and feels so good!
Thank you Dr. Dan!

on 1/6/2016 3:19:00 AM

It's okay, but there are better alternatives...

I initially tried this lip balm because of the good reviews. I have come to realize that the majority of the positive reviews must be because people think that there are no other options. After I first used it and found that it was greasy and messy, I looked at the ingredients and realized why. It is mostly made of petrolatum and mineral oil. I then tried to figure out why it smelled so strange - not necessarily a terrible smell, just strange. The only other ingredient is beeswax, so I can't figure out why it smells the way it does. Despite the fact that the packaging says "the only lip balm with 1% hydrocortisone," I decided to do a quick Google search anyway. It turns out that there are actually 2 other lip balms that I could find with 1% hydrocortisone, so I don't know what is with their packaging. One of the products is called Lipster Medicated lip balm and the other is FixMySkin healing lip balm. I have now tried both of these products and they both smell really good and aren't greasy like Cortibalm. Lipster is the one I prefer because of the ingredients and price. I also get better results from it. I just thought I would let everyone know just in case there are others that feel like me and think that Cortibalm is the only solution.

on 9/2/2012 11:03:00 PM

I purchased this product after hearing about all of the rave reviews and after suffering from chronic chapped lips. My lips had began to peel, bleed and itch around the lip line and my lips were constantly dry. I am not sure what caused my condition but nothing else was working to heal them. I had tried all kinds of lip treatments and balms to no avail. Not being able to find the product anywhere, I ordered it through my local pharmacy. As soon as it arrived, I applied it. I was totally blown away by the immediate results. My lips were instantly hydrated and the peeling stopped. I left it on overnight and in the morning, my lips were totally healed! As one of the other reviewers stated, the healthy pink color of my lips returned. My lips are now soft, hydrated and SEXY looking. Ladies if you have problems with chapped dry lips, please give Cortibalm a try. It's worth every penny. With a money back guarantee, you can't beat it!

on 2/4/2013 3:14:00 PM

I have always had chapped lips, and most any lip balm would do as far as giving me some relief. I moved from FL to CO a couple years ago and that first winter was so harsh on my lips. NOTHING helped relieve how dry, chapped, cracked, irritated and itchy my lips were. I tried what seemed like every lip balm/treatment available, including lanolin, bag balm and plain old vaseline to no avail. I came across reviews for Dr. Dan's and ordered it immediately at my local Walgreen's. It costs about $4 a tube. It came in the very next day and I got quick relief. It doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but it fades quickly. It does contain hydrocortisone, so I only use this until my lips are better and then I can easily go back to using another moisturizing lip balm to maintain my lips. If my lips start getting really dry, I reach for this and use it a few days in a row and all is well again. I always keep a few of these on hand and use them on my kids' lips too when they get uber dry. Would repurchase and highly recommend.

on 7/29/2012 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is EXACTLY what I needed! It's a one-of-a-kind lip balm. It heals severely chapped/dry lips and heals lips plagued with allergies to other lip products. My lips had become dark and really bad-looking due to either an allergy or just dryness and irritation. I get this problem frequently. This lip balm actually HEALED my lips and made them pink again. I haven't seen my lips this pink in a LONG time. It's also extremely long lasting. I used to apply lip balm at least 3 times an hour. With Cortibalm, I apply probably 4 times a DAY! It's just awesome.

Keep in mind this contains a corticosteroid, so sadly it's not something that should be used everyday. I use it more like a supplement or when my lips really need it.

Ingredients: hydrocortisone 1%, petroleum jelly, beeswax, mineral oil.

on 7/15/2013 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

This is truly a miracle product for me! I have eczema and peeling above and directly on my lips. It's extremely miserable and my lips constantly burn or swell and the only thing I've found to work on them is Cortibalm! I have about 4 tubes of this stuff because it's the only lip balm I can use. Unfortunately, I still have problems with eczema on my lips but this product really takes away the itch and I don't have as many issues as long as I use this diligently. Besides being great for eczema, this product is a great general lip balm as well.

The only Con I have is that it can be hard to get in stores so you have to order it online for the most part. However, if you go to a store and you can't find this product, most pharmacies will order the product for you if you tell them the product name or you can go online to the Dr. Dan's Corti balm website and print out a form to give to a pharmacist so they can order it for you. I've done it before and it comes in a couple days and you don't have to pay for shipping :)