Cartier L'Heure Promise (I)

Cartier L'Heure Promise (I)

4.3

on 5/30/2012 8:55:00 PM

L'Heure Promise is a simple scent, but it grew on me. It opens with a really lovely, natural-smelling iris, then unfolds into a soft, clean sandalwood with iris and musk. It makes your skin smell as if you just scrubbed it in sandalwood soap. I completely understand why anyone would object to paying a lot for this, but I find it a pleasure to wear when I'm in the mood for something clean and relaxing that doesn't smell generic. It's a soft scent, but I've been surprised when people have commented on it -- it turns out to have a lot of sillage.

on 10/12/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

L'Heure Promise was my favorite of the Cartier Les Heures line. It is a beautiful iris/sandalwood fragrance, very tastefully done. Very quiet and refined. Very much like Infusion d'Iris with added sandalwood. As for lasting power, I have heard others say it did not last through the day. I don't think I overapplied. I dabbed--not sprayed--on my wrist and neck and I could smell this into the next day. It's not like you get alot of sillage from this one mind you but it's just you get a light waft of iris/sandalwood every so often throughout the day. Very pleasurable and well done. Haven't decided if it's worth the $225 yet, though!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

L'Heure Promise starts off with a fresh note, like a breeze when you open a windown in summer in a countryside cottage surrounded by fields and greenery. it feels like a vacation! And this is the best part of this frag, the most unusual in my opinion but then suddenly the notes change to a nutty, almost sweet Iris...
The powdery, floral iris takes over. After a few minutes and it gets powdery, musky and woody.
This fragrance is both creamy and slightly dry.
Very discreet, very office-friendly: little sillage and poor lasting power.
Beautiful packaging! I love the sleek, tall bottle in a smokey brown glass....
I am not sure if I would buy a full Bottle (=expensive) but certainly it's worth a try!

_____________