Kevyn Aucoin Powder/Blush Brush

No Image

4.3

This brush is insanely overpriced, and is so hard to use imo. The size is so big -- I can't use it for blush, bronzer comes out too densely with it and I don't use powder. LOL at boomgurl's description of how it felt like using a 'cat's tail' on her face. The bristles are soft but no more than my other brushes.

on 1/5/2009 9:12:00 PM

this brush stood out to me amongst all the other brushes at the mecca stand because it was so big and the handles were so sleek and puuuuurty- kinda elegent looking. The bristles actually felt pretty soft too.

But when I actually bought it and took it home, the bristles felt the same as my other powder brushes, even the fairly cheap ones. darnit**** I should've bought the MAC 134 instead.

I'll definitely use it but I probably shouldn't have spent that money on this. not worth it.

on 8/14/2006 11:35:00 PM

It is a great brush imo and it's so damn soft! Very comparable to Trish McEvoy's #5 brush, although TM's is smaller. I couldn't picture it used as a blush, so I use it as a loose powder brush. Like with the Super Soft Buffing brush, it does have a slight problem in shedding but with mine it sheds a couple of hairs with each use. Also similarly to the Super Soft Buffing brush, it is a pleasure to use!

on 3/18/2006 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Allthough the bristles are soft, I can't justify the price for it. The lucite handle easily scratches and scuffs. The bristles are too long, I feel like I'm using a cat's tail on my face. This brush is only useful for body powder because the head's too big for powder and not precise enough for blusher.

on 3/8/2006 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really nice brush. The only one similiar is my gigantic Prescriptives Powder Brush but the KA is softer. Its not as soft as the buff brush made from blue squirrel but its soft for goat hair. HUGE fluffy head that is very soft and made for a light dusting of powder. I like this with my loose powders, pressed powders, all over bronzers, all over face colors for a very sheer light dusting. The handle is a burgandy lucite and feels very luxurious. $65 is a lot and its not a necessity brush, but it is nice.

on 1/29/2006 11:10:00 AM

It's an o'kay brush IMO. Nothing outstanding though. Too huge, I don't seeit applying powder really well and evenly, and blush - at all. It may look good but for me it's useless.

This is a huge powder brush, too big to use for blush. I use it to apply my finishing powder. It is one of my favorites from Kevyn Aucoin. I also have his 5-piece set which I can't be without. Yes they are expensive but worth every penny.

on 10/7/2004 11:03:00 AM

Wow...what a brush...it feels like mink...I love it although, it is a bit large...it was a splurge but I had to have it...If you want a great blush brush and cant afford this one ($65) then estee lauders brushes are quite nice ($25)

on 9/10/2004 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love at the first sight, this is how I feel about this large, round dense fine crafted brush. This is the best I own and I don't think any brush can beat it. It makes you feel heavenly when applying loose powder, its density and roundness are good for applying blush, too. I did notice that the hair fall out easily, so I think it needs to be used carefully. Otherwise, this is a flawless brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this brush so much more than I could've ever imagined. I had very high expectations for this brush (thanks to the MUA reviews), and it exceeded them.
The natural bristles are amazingly soft and dense. I've never seen (or felt) a brush with such an abundance of perfectly contoured bristles. Using this brush feels better than rubbing my face with even the most luxe of vintage cashmere sweaters.
Best of all, the brush distributes the powder so evenly I look airbrushed. Can't say that about the sweaters...
The handle is heavy, but very balanced. The craftsmanship is impeccable. Even though this is pricey, it's worth every penny.
If I ever need to replace this brush (hopefully not for many years), I'd buy again without hesitation.
My only regret is not getting it sooner.

Popular Makeup Brushes