Bioderma Hydrabio H20

Bioderma Hydrabio H20

4.3

WATER (AQUA), GLYCERIN, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, POLYSORBATE 20, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, RHAMNOSE, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, HEXYLDECANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite micellar water formula, due to the inclusion of niacinamide, which my skin loves. It's as effective as the pink capped Bioderma, which I have also used and loved, but I like this one slightly more. I use it as a makeup remover for most days when I am wearing light makeup, but for more heavy duty makeup I prefer the speed and convenience of an oil cleanser. It does remove everything, but if you're wearing a lot of makeup you'll need to go through quite a few cotton pads and it'll be a tedious process -- ain't nobody got time for that. Lately I actually find myself reaching for it as a morning cleanser because it's so quick and gentle. Is it super hydrating? I'm not sure. I don't look for lasting effects from something that's designed to clean my skin. However, I do find that it doesn't dehydrate, strip, or disturb the acid mantle of my skin, and that's really all I require beyond getting my skin clean. As an aside, please be aware that the Garnier micellar water with the blue cap is NOT comparable to this at all, though the pink capped version is very similar to the pink capped Bioderma. The price is reasonable if you buy the large bottle, as it really lasts a long time. Packaging is a squeeze bottle that closes very securely, but you can't actually remove the entire cap which makes decanting for travel very inconvenient. They do make smaller, travel sized bottles, but this is still annoying. To sum up, it's a staple in my medicine cabinet and I would absolutely buy it again.

on 2/2/2018 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! Clean and refreshing, removes make up. skin does not feel dry after at all which I love!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Holy moly, me oh my! Where has this been all my life?!

I’d heard so much about micellar waters and always brushed them off as a gimmick or hype. My skin is quite dry, yet very prone to clogged pores and milia around my eyes and nose. I first began using this on a cotton pad to remove the greasy residue from my oil cleanser. It works FABULOUSLY for that and always left my skin feeling soft, clean, and not stripped of its natural moisture, unlike following up my oil cleanser with a regular cleanse.

However, I’ve recently begun to use it on a cotton pad as the ONLY thing to remove my eye makeup. I was tired of my oil cleanser making me look like the Joker and how the smeared mascara would get into my eyes. I hold the pad to my closed eye for a second or two and BOOM (!) every last speck of is gone cleanly without drying out my skin. I no longer get milia around my eyes and the large pores by my nose don’t feel clogged. I still use a regular cleanser on the rest of my skin, though, since I hate having to use four or five cotton pads to clean my whole face. If this doesn’t bother you, however, I will say it’s FABULOUS at gently and effectively keeping your skin clean.

I also use it in the morning in lieu of traditional cleanser. I feel like it helps prep my face for my morning serum and moisturizer and my skin feels clearer and healthier overall. I think I paid around $16 USD for the large 500ml bottle and given how effective and kind to my skin it is, I would buy it again and again and again!

on 11/5/2017 10:22:00 AM

i have always been using the pink version but decided to give this one a try hoping it can be more hydrating for colder months....as soon as i put this on i noticed the super strong fragrance and i can see my face immediately developing rashes and becomes red at spots....i try to wash it off right away...but it was too late... my face is super sensitive and it was my fault for putting something so heavily fragranced on it...lesson learned!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I feel like this is a very mild make-up removing micelle solution as you need a few cotton pads to remove all makeup, especially for the eyes. Some mascaras are very hard to remove and i need quite a few soaks. Do agree that it is good for sensitive skin as it is mild. It is only a good cleanser for sensitive skin if you have a better makeup remover for the eyes. Wouldnt purchase again as i have tried better options for removing makeup . May recommend for people w sensitive skin as a 2nd cleanser after makeup remover

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitive skin, with an oily T-zone and tend to get dry patches very easily. I used different cleansing waters during these last few years but never really noticed a big difference between them. My skin always gets very dry afterwards, very tight, and I thought this was normal. I normally do a double cleanse afterwards (oil cleanser+foam cleanser) and then tone and moisturize so it never really bothered me so much until I used this product. Now there's no way I'll go back to other cleansing waters. It's not super moisturizing, but I do have a fresh and clean feeling afterwards without the dryness/tightness. My skin is SO soft. I don't feel like it removes makeup "better" than other products, and by this I mean that I always have to go over a few times to remove all the makeup, same as with the other waters, but I'm okay with this because it feels so good in my skin. I agree that it's not a cheap product, but I got the 500ml one because I think it's cheaper in the long run. I will buy it again once I run out of it.

I've been using the regular Bioderma micellar water for a few years now, and only picked this up because it was on a lower shelf and I was in a hurry. I presumed the Hydrobio would be just the same as the regular pink bottle, but this is definitely significantly more gentle and hydrating. I really love how easy my makeup wipes off, and how soft my skin feels afterwards. I am definitely switching over to the Hydrobio from now on.

on 10/8/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

I like this product a lot, but I don't think it's worth the price or does it do anything incredible to my skin.

I bought this with the bioderma Hydrabio Gel-Crème because my skin has frequently some flaking skin on the areas that I'm most oily.

I use this to remove makeup sometimes when I'm feeling kinda lazy ( because this is way too expensive to be used as a makeup remover and you have to use a few cotton pads to remove it all). It does a great job, it doesn't irritate my skin at all and doesn't leave a sticky feeling after.

I also used it to clean my skin in the morning, if I'm felling that I don't want a full on cleansing or exfoliating type of routine, maybe because my skin is feeling to reactive or sensitive in that particular day. It will not aggravate my rosacea.

With that being said, I don't thing that this makes my skin extra hydrated or more plump and clean. What I think this does is VERY gently cleans your skin, without removing many extra layers of dead skin cells or removing much of your natural oils, and by doing that it kind leaves hydrated on its own, but doesn't give anything extra to help it be more hydrated.

Because of that, I don't use it everyday, from day to day I have to do a more intense cleansing, because if I don't do it I will end up with more clogged pores and more flacking skin.

Overall: It's an expensive water that is only very useful on every other day.

on 8/21/2016 6:48:00 PM

I am currently on my 6th bottle of this and I don't see myself ever using anything else. Bioderma Hydrabio was my first micellar water I'd ever used (well I first got the sebium but that dried me out like a mofo) so I can't really compare it to any others. All I know is that after my first bottle I was hooked. The texture of my face has drastically changed since using this. I have dry skin and now I rarely have a dry patch like before. (And I use retin-a!) My skin is smooth and soft. Makeup glides on like a dream. It is a little pricier than other micellar waters, but one of the big bottles (500ml) lasts me 4 months and I use it morning and night so all in all its not that bad. This is HG for me.

on 10/11/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was about to give up on micellar waters before finding the Hydrabio formula. Unlike Sensibio or Garnier formulas, this actually removes my makeup quickly and easily, and doesn't sting my eyes! Oh happy days, this is what I was expecting when I read the rave reviews of micellar water; it's everything it's touted to be and more. Instead of being drying it's hydrating but doesn't leave a heavy residue. It's gentle. It's effective. It's worth the price and nothing I've tried previously comes close to it in performance. I rarely do raves but I can't actually fault it. The search has ended.