Essence hypno gloss 3 in 1

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/10/2012 10:52:00 AM

It's a shame that they discontinued this lovely mascara.
I knew from the moment I opened the tester that this wasn't going to be a mascara that gives you dramatic eye lashes; the formula was rather thin and very glossy. But, that's exactly what I wanted!
I' ve been searching for an affordable mascara that only gives a nice tint and glossiness to my eye lashes and makes them just a little bit more noticeable, but not dramatic so that I can wear it everyday to my classes at college and still look natural, yet polished. And this one delivers! It makes my eye lashes dark and glossy, seperates them, it's completely clump free and adds a bit of volume and some lenght. It's my eye lashes but better.
I haven't experienced any stinging and it's a bonus that this is opthalmologist approved.
Of course, you can't beat the price, I think I paid about 4 euros for this, which is crazy cheap considering that the cheapest drugstore mascara here (like maybelline and l ' oreal ) costs over 15 euros!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ugh, this one fooled me. I was drawn in by the pretty packaging, a brush that looked promising, and the tiny price tag. Id had pretty good luck with another Essence mascara, so I thought Id give this a try. The brush looked so lush in the display that I just had to have it.

The first few swipes of this mascara are certainly lengthening, but after a few swipes the formula clumps my eyelashes together and they look like spider legs. The most disappointing aspect is that the mascara delivers absolutely no volume.

Ive kept this mascara around because it does create a good natural look. My eyelashes are almost blonde, and the mascara does deliver good pigmentation. Its a good natural-looking mascara, but its a bitter disappointment when it comes to the 3-in-1 claim.

on 9/28/2010 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to admit I chose this mascara without checking any review, only because of its packaging. it's so shiny and lovely! this mascara has nothing wrong, really, except for the fact that it's extremely light. it's almost like having no mascara at all if you apply to coats. you have to build up lots of layers to finally see it, and in the end the glossy effect comes out, but it just takes too much effort for me! I like using it for natural looks, but it really takes too long to achieve a decent effect. I will not repurchase for sure, Essence has many good mascaras for the same dirt cheap price.