Essence hypno gloss 3 in 1

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/3/2011 12:08:00 PM

I absolutely looove this mascara!! I have Dior Diorshow, Chanel Inimitable and a couple more high end ones getting bored (and dry, and useless) in my drawer. I wear this everyday for the most beautiful, long, black and foremost NATURAL lashes ever! No matter how much you bild up, it doesn't clump and still looks natural. I often get asked if I have false lashes on, simply fantastic!
EDIT: how sad it is that this has been discontinued? I have no words!

on 10/27/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Oh! How I loved this mascara! I WISH they didn't discontinue it. If I could buy up the remaining stock and keep it for the rest of my life I would.
I have mousey blonde lashes that are long enough but invisible at the tips. This mascara makes my lashes black, ever so slightly fuller and so much longer (because it colours the tips). It is glossy, I didn't understand how this could be a good thing until I tried it - It means it looks really natural - like I just have amazing healthy black lashes. It doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge. It flakes off eventually (at the end of a long day or long night), and it's easy to remove. The bush is outstanding, so thick with many tiny bristles it grabs every lash hair. I plan to clean the brush after it's run out so I can use it with other mascaras.

I had never come across a mascara like this before, and I am so upset I didn't know it was being discontinued or I would've bought loads of backups for the future. I would LOVE to find another mascara like this for the price, but I doubt it will ever happen again. I will be back in the world of thick matte unnatural looking lashes when my tube of Hypno Gloss runs out.

I love this mascara.
Doesn't make my lashes stick together, goes on smooth, leaves a glossy finish. Makes my lashes very natural looking.

However, the best thing is that its not smudging! Not even after I would take a small nap, and also not when I go to the gym. ;)
I am soo sad they discontinued it.
Its was just perfect, and on top of that dirt cheap.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ugh, this one fooled me. I was drawn in by the pretty packaging, a brush that looked promising, and the tiny price tag. Id had pretty good luck with another Essence mascara, so I thought Id give this a try. The brush looked so lush in the display that I just had to have it.

The first few swipes of this mascara are certainly lengthening, but after a few swipes the formula clumps my eyelashes together and they look like spider legs. The most disappointing aspect is that the mascara delivers absolutely no volume.

Ive kept this mascara around because it does create a good natural look. My eyelashes are almost blonde, and the mascara does deliver good pigmentation. Its a good natural-looking mascara, but its a bitter disappointment when it comes to the 3-in-1 claim.

So, this product comes in nice silver packaging.
The wand itself is very nice. I'd say its a small bit larger than the average mascara wand size. So this is a 3 in 1 mascara; for extra length,separation and volume. I would have to say that I haven't got a whole lotta' volume out of this mascara but I have definitely got length and separation! Thanks for reading :)

on 9/28/2010 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to admit I chose this mascara without checking any review, only because of its packaging. it's so shiny and lovely! this mascara has nothing wrong, really, except for the fact that it's extremely light. it's almost like having no mascara at all if you apply to coats. you have to build up lots of layers to finally see it, and in the end the glossy effect comes out, but it just takes too much effort for me! I like using it for natural looks, but it really takes too long to achieve a decent effect. I will not repurchase for sure, Essence has many good mascaras for the same dirt cheap price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like the mascara brush itself but the furmula is too runny and thin for my liking and made my eyes itching.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I found this mascara at ULTA. Essence seems to be a new, affordable, & cute cosmetic line. This mascara says,"For length, separation, & volume. Gives lashes an ultra-glossy finish for that freshly applied look. Opthalmologically approved." It gives me length, but not volume. This gives a natural look, which I like for everyday. The brush is so nice. I dont like how the formula hard to remove though. It's not a bad mascara, but not great either.