Essence hypno gloss 3 in 1

Filtered by age: 19-24
Essence hypno gloss 3 in 1

3.0

on 2/10/2012 10:52:00 AM

It's a shame that they discontinued this lovely mascara.
I knew from the moment I opened the tester that this wasn't going to be a mascara that gives you dramatic eye lashes; the formula was rather thin and very glossy. But, that's exactly what I wanted!
I' ve been searching for an affordable mascara that only gives a nice tint and glossiness to my eye lashes and makes them just a little bit more noticeable, but not dramatic so that I can wear it everyday to my classes at college and still look natural, yet polished. And this one delivers! It makes my eye lashes dark and glossy, seperates them, it's completely clump free and adds a bit of volume and some lenght. It's my eye lashes but better.
I haven't experienced any stinging and it's a bonus that this is opthalmologist approved.
Of course, you can't beat the price, I think I paid about 4 euros for this, which is crazy cheap considering that the cheapest drugstore mascara here (like maybelline and l ' oreal ) costs over 15 euros!

on 3/18/2011 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well, it seems that I'm the only one here who wanted a mascara exactly like this.
It's all true what the others claim, but I'd add my points.

Firstly, it's a very deep black colour, and truly does give a nice natural, freshly done glossy finish. This is what I missed from other mascaras all the time giving me very visible matte black lashes.

Secondly, why I love this mascara is that it doesn't come off easily...it leaves a strange rubbery coat on the lashes no cry will ever vanish away..
it comes off a bit differently than other mascaras, rather in little pieces, so it doesn't stain my undereye area at all(which is good!!!no need to apply too much make up remover to the sensitive areas)

It's a very natural looking mascara. Gives a bit of length, but barely there effect. The best for wearing it every day. After I curl my lashes, I don't like using a heavy mascara anyway.

My only complaint is that it dries very quickly on the lashes, so I have to do them quickly.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ugh, this one fooled me. I was drawn in by the pretty packaging, a brush that looked promising, and the tiny price tag. Id had pretty good luck with another Essence mascara, so I thought Id give this a try. The brush looked so lush in the display that I just had to have it.

The first few swipes of this mascara are certainly lengthening, but after a few swipes the formula clumps my eyelashes together and they look like spider legs. The most disappointing aspect is that the mascara delivers absolutely no volume.

Ive kept this mascara around because it does create a good natural look. My eyelashes are almost blonde, and the mascara does deliver good pigmentation. Its a good natural-looking mascara, but its a bitter disappointment when it comes to the 3-in-1 claim.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like the mascara brush itself but the furmula is too runny and thin for my liking and made my eyes itching.