Lancome Color Design Matte (all)

4.6

on 6/9/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in Out with a Bang. I was hesitant to try it because I've never worn purple lipstick before but when I tried it on it looked really good. Really expensive but I would still repurchase it when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Red Addiction Matte Color Design came in my recent gwp at Lancome. I'm impressed. I didn't choose this but I'm glad I ended up with it.

It is a very creamy feeling lipstick, matte with life to it, there is a faint coppery glow on top of a true red which gives it a faint glow, not even a sheen, just as a glow. And the copper undertone warms this true red up enough that it looks good on me. I'm a redhead, pale and aging so red isn't usually ok. In fact I'd resigned myself to not doing reds.

But this changed my mind. I will repurchase it when this one runs out. It lights up my face, and makes my teeth look white. Normally coral or warm reds tend to make teeth look yellow, but this doesn't.

I applied straight from the tube, goes on easily, doesn't travel into lip lines. Stays put. I will update in a few weeks in case my initial impression was false.

OK love this lipstick Lancome! Don't go discontinuing it!

EDITED TO ADD: OK Lancome, why put a lippie in a gwp then make sure people can't buy it!

SO I head down to the Lancome counter at The Bay here in Canada where I got the gwp bag with this wonderful red lipstick in it, to quickly buy up at least 2 tubes, and what happens next? YEP, it was in the GWP, and nope it's not available for purchase. The Lancome lady even hauled out her system wide availability list of shades she can order in from other stores and you guessed it, ITS NOT EVEN IN THEIR SYSTEM!!!! She will be talking to the Lancome rep about this.

So I went over to Lancome at Sears just in case and nope, she never heard of it either. So then she tried several reds on me NONE worked, none even close!

Lancome is a strange company. Why entice people to buy, then make sure they can't buy the product. Talk about shooting your company in the foot. I knew enough about the stupid French brands to make sure I was going to quickly buy up at least 2 before they discontinue it, BUT THEY HAVEN'T EVEN LAUNCHED IT YET!!!!!

SO I'm forced to look on ebay wihere unwanted gwp often end up and see if I can't buy me some there!

LANCOME your business model sucks.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/4/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

CORSET: This is a bright lippie that even bright-shy ppl can wear. It doesnt overpower my NC25 tone and lights up my face without looking clownish. The formula lasts a long time w/o drying my lips ... what more could you want?

HOT NIGHTS: This is a cool watermelon in the tube but goes on sheer cool rose and just lights up my face. Perfect with blue eyes/really makes them pop. Has some sparkle to it.

on 4/23/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Corset, Stylista and Red Haute.. I had purchased and not worn too much.. once or twice. Now that the world of Fashion has declared the Matte lip back IN, I raided my lippie drawer and there they were.. like perfect little soldiers waiting to go into action.

love the colours, love the texture and cannot beat the quality.

Would I repurchase.. probably not, but not because I don't love these, but because I doubt if I will live long enough to use up all of my lipsticks.

but, if you have not tried these.. please do, they are not drying like the MAC mattes (granted, MAC has improved a bit) and the colours are quite sophisticated. LOve.

on 7/18/2012 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this lipstick in Pink Preview which is a vibrant watermelon pink. I like it a lot although I find it a bit too matte at times. I usually top it with a little clear gloss. This may seem to defeat the point of it but the lipstick itself is excellent; goes on creamy smooth and lasts a long time. A bit of gloss doesn't hurt and avoids that slight cakeyness that all matte lipsticks have. It's a wonderful color for fair skinned women. Pretty expensive but it's worth is. Some lipsticks like Gosh you pay a lot for too but they don't stay on.

on 5/4/2012 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great matte lipstick! I have this in Stylista, which is a dark rosy pink. The formula is long lasting, I can usually get away with not reapplying throughout the day. Like most matte lipsticks, this will dry out your lips to some extent. The packaging is nice and sturdy, and I would definitely repurchase and try out the other colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Red Haute and Plum Show. Simply put it is the best lipstick not labeled long lasting you will find. I put LipChic over it, a sealant, and it lasts for hours, but would last quite a while anyway as it is labeled matte. This is not the Mac matte, however, this has some creaminess to it and is in no way uncomfortable. If you have dry lips you will want the Rouge Nu, but better to deal with the dry lip situation then get a lipstick that will last, I think. Red Haute is the perfect Red, not orange or blue based, but a mixture that makes a statement, but not one that screams "clown". I strongly suggest these, the mattes. If not the mattes go with the creams, the others will last a half hour.

on 12/11/2011 4:16:00 AM

I have this lipstick in Corset and love it. Corset is a beautiful shade that strikes a nice compromise between coral and red. It's similar to Niagara by Nars (which I love), except it's more intense and matte. It's what I wear when I want bold lips, but don't feel quite bold enough for fire-engine red lips. I've had terrible experience with matte lipsticks in the past because they would inevitably dry out my lips. Surprisingly, while this lipstick has a matte finish, it doesn't feel like your typical matte lipstick and has more of a satin-y texture.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great matte lipstick! There are about 8 shades. A few of my favorites are Red Haute, a nice matte orange red. Pink Posh is a great vibrant pink. Stylista is a nice peachy pink. It's hard to find good matte shades, but this is true color and wears incredibly well. It is moisturizing and long wearing.

on 4/4/2011 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best lipsticks I have ever bought! I love the texture because it is very light and moisturizing on the lips without sacrificing the matte look. I got this lipstick in the shade "Corset" which is a gorgeous coral-tinged red. It is definitely on the warmer side of red, but I could easily see this as being a universally flattering shade. Everyone should try this lipstick because it really is a great formulation, and there are shades for everyone in this new line!