REVLON Moon Drops Frost - Bamboo Bronze 200

No Image

4.7

This is entirely too perfumey which normally doesn't bother me but it's bodes well, like soap in my mouth. But I can forgive it coz it's such a nice color. It's a bronzed beigy copper but really flattering. It's frosty shimmery but I like that kind of thing. I've heard it's being DC, the entire moon drops line, so if you like this I'd suggest stocking up. It is $8 which isn't bad but I wish Revlon would add this to SL line & take out the perfume. The perfume really turns my stomach & turns me away from MoonDrops. But this is a gr8 color 1 of the best at the DS. A nice nude for all seasons i can't wait to try this on w a summery tan!

on 6/3/2014 1:57:00 PM

Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in "Bamboo Bronze" is the only year-around appropriate nude to make me look more not less healthful and well rested. Bamboo Bronze, unlike nudes that can appear brick-tone or pasty pink, wears on me as a mid-tone neutral. It's that right-on-the-money color you just don't find often enough in a lipstick at any price. This is one of those rare shades that will flatter anyone from red-heads to women of color.

I own many Revlon lipsticks in both the Super Lustrous and Moon Drops formulas and Bamboo Bronze is not just spot on for color but feel, too. This shade glides on super light and feels more moisturizing than most Revlon lipsticks. The color bonds to the lips without settling into lines or feathering. It forms a just-right finish that is neither too frosty or too sheer. Bamboo Bronze imparts a pleasant finish in a manner even costly department store lipsticks I own do not.

Revlon appears to have retained some of their Moon Drops shades by popular demand and this ought to be one that customers write in and insist they continue to carry. Revlon Moon Drops Lipsticks are known for being very perfumed undoubtedly their downfall more than anything else. But here's the thing: Bamboo Bronze is and was among the least perfumed from that line. Moon Drops lipsticks often feature frosty finishes. But here's the other thing: Not this one. There is a slight pearl finish to Bamboo Bronze that gives the color a multidimensional look but it is not opaque enough to flatten or overpower the underlying pigment and there are no gritty chunks of glitter to contend with, either.

Bamboo Bronze could just as easily be sold in Revlon's SL (Super Lustrous) line. I own 30-some lipsticks and this one tops the list for hitting that "ah-ha" mark for year-around appropriate color, texture and feel. This particular shade is an entirely different experience from other Revlon colors, both current and former. Bamboo Bronze is that rare earth-tone that sways neither orange or ashy, and once you put it on the texture doesn't "turn" and become greasy or caked. I really wish Bamboo Bronze were easier to find. With the popularity of MLBB and nude tones continuing, this color is still as relevant as ever. Revlon, are you listening?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really like the formula of the lipstick. It's nice and light. The scent doesn't bother me. The Moon Drops lip conditioner is my HG conditioner, so I'm used to it. I did like the color. It's a fun coppery bronze.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have warm pale skin with fairly pigmented lips and this color looks great.It makes my lips look finished but doesn't scream LIPSTICK like heavier formulations. I like the creamy texture but not so crazy about the fragrance, but since it fades (or I get accustomed to it) it is not a problem. FYI if you want transfer resistant this is not for you.

on 2/6/2009 12:54:00 AM

This used to be one of my favorite lipsticks through highschool, a lovely golden caramel shade, with a hint of peach, that looks great on my fair warm skin. As flattering as it is, I just can not stand the waxy texture and taste, so I am not sure I will be getting it again, unless the Moondrops have been reformulated.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wore this all through high school..and I loved the color! It wore well and didn't dry out my lips. HOWEVER, I wish I knew then..what I know now...I am a COOL not a warm, so this never really looked right on me. It wasn't until I was about 23 and picked up a tube for nostalgic reasons and went to visit my sister that she finally felt the need to tell me that the color was all wrong for me (thanks sis, could have clued me in 7 years earlier!). As much as I hated to admit it..she was right. This is definately a color that works well on WARM skintones. For the money tho, its a great buy and I am forever envious of all the women that this looks great on!!

on 8/18/2008 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A gorgeous golden tan colour that goes well with my olive complexion and green eyes. Swish packaging too!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm surprised there aren't any more reviews for this great lipstick! Its my HG of lippy. It's a golden caramel colour that goes so well with a medium/olive complexion. It looks fabulous in Summer with a tan and great in winter with a chocolate coloured jumper. Its so versatile and glides on smoothly. I've stockpiled this colour as shops in South africa has a tendency to stop stocking great products. ;)

on 4/9/2007 10:16:00 AM

I am a product junkie who has little loyalty for any brand, but I have to say that this is the only lipstick I will ever buy on a regular basis. I don't want to love it as much as I do because it means I won't have an excuse to go lipstick shopping, but I can't help it! This is the perfect shade for those with warm skin tones - it's light bronze, a bit shimmery, very natural looking. Any time I wear another shade I always end up wiping it off and putting this one back on. You cannot go wrong!

on 7/25/2005 12:54:00 AM

I can't believe there aren't more reviews on this , but I'm just as psyched as the first reviewer on this. This is a stunning golden caramel color that is perfect year round, but with a tan it's unbeatable. So perfect!!! Wear with gloss or alone it's a winner. The moon droops line is really great and I think underrated. Probably up there as my favorite lipstick, it's the only one I've EVER bought consistently, time and time again. This is 'my' shade.