3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I've been looking for a good cleanser for my dry, sensitive skin and love this one so far! It has a nice fruity scent that isn't overpowering, I guess I'd describe it as a little synthetic - so maybe not for everyone, but I like it. I've tried lots of other cleansers marketed for sensitive skin, and they are fine but they don't do a great job of removing my makeup which is the whole freaking point! And I'm not willing to do multiple steps to clean my face. So this cleanser won out over the others. It removed my makeup effectively but didn't dry out my skin, which is exactly what I need a facial cleanser to do. Didn't break me out or cause irritation, either. The packaging is fun - I like the way it looks. A pump container might be easier but I don't mind the way it is. Previous reviewers noted that the formula is very runny and just kind of comes out when you open it - maybe the formula has changed since then, because I did not find this to be true with my bottle. It's not runny at all and is easy to distribute; more gel-like actually. Overall, I really like the feel and formula of this cleanser and would purchase again.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

I used this stuff for years when I didn't know any better and this stuff is pretty meh. It's cheap because it's really watered down. It smells like Mr. Bubble bath which is kinda cool but weird for a face wash. This stuff seems to neither help nor hurt my skin. I've been using it for ages out of sheer cheapie stubbornness on my shoulder and face acne to 0 results. Last year I tried a tonymoly cleanser that worked better, and a tea tree bar soap for my shoulders that worked way better. As someone with "troublesome young skin" who has used this product stupidly like a dozen or so times I can tell you with confidence there is better out there.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I have purchased this product twice, and really like it! I am sad that I can't find it in stores anymore (Canada). I bought this on a whim because it was on sale and had nice packaging. PROS: good price point, nice smell, doesn't break me out (which is surprising for a random drugstore cleanser) also removes most face makeup. CONS: none that I can remember.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

3 years ago

This stuff is way too runny. The product flows right out of the squeeze bottle without effort, and not in a good way at all. I thought it was just a bad batch so exchanged it for a different bottle. Unfortunately, it seems like it's the formula. This is strange since the first bottle I ever tried was never this runny. They need to fix this because I really liked this face wash!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I've been using this for a week and I already know that I will be repurchasing this. Started clearing up the cystic acne on my cheeks and jaw within 2 washes!! Best acne wash w/o benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. I'm 15 weeks pregnant (my first pregnancy) and my skin has never been more broken out in my life. I've suffered with cystic acne since I was 12, now 20, and my cystic acne is x 10 being pregnant. While I'm pregnant I'm not allowed to use Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide....which is basically all of my skincare products. So I was on the hunt for acne products that worked for me w/o those ingredients. I tried literally everything, and my friend who is also pregnant recommended this face wash to me. If this didn't work for me I was literally going to have a mental break down lol. After 2 washes I noticed the large cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline begin to shrink and new ones weren't forming! I use this with witch hazel as a toner, and for a spot treatment I swap between Burt's Bees blemish stick and Mario Badescu's buffering lotion. I recommend this to all my pregnant ladies suffering with the awful hormonal breakouts!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

4 years ago

This product definitely says what it says it's going to do. My skin looked so much clearer after 2 days. I don't have full blown acne but quite congested and lots of blackheads. I did find after I used it morning and night for the 2 days my skin started to peel and look very dry, even though it didn't feel crazy dry. It was hard to get rid of that peeling on my face for quite a few days. Don't know if that's part of the process of clearing up my skin. I am going to cut back to every second morning wash only and use my Sanctuary Spa Fresh Faced Wash for the other morning and the nights. Hopefully the cons (dry peeling) are just temporary because the results of my complexion/congestion is amazing.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I have acne on my jawline and cheeks. I have quite oily skin in my T Zone (Blot once a day) and am prone to breakouts. (Yaaaay...) I came off Benzac (Benzyl Peroxide 5%) and onto this gentle cleanser. Safe to say I was pretty nervous.. But after 7 months on it, I'm in love! It smells AH-MAY-ZING! It's quite watery and foams up really quickly. I use this on my face and bacne (back acne ;)). It leave my skin feeling SUPER soft and slightly tighter, which is great since I have pores the size of Mars. I combine this with Formula's Totally Clean Deep Pore Cleanser (Whatever.. It's a toner), they work well together and with some zit goo, I'm pretty good to go. I'm on my.. 6th bottle maybe. I'm really lazy and can't be bothered carrying it to the shower, so I have one in there and another by the sink. (First world problems \O/) But anyway, I'd say the product lasts really well and is great for the smell! I mean price... Edit: I was still having to blotch with this product, and found it was too gentle to prevent face demons. I decided not to repurchase even though the smell was amazing. Check my reviews for what I replaced it with. I would still recommend this product for normal skin.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I'm a Formula 10.0.6 fanatic devotee. I've been using all of their products w/ exception of most of the masques 4 w cpl months (coz I don't have time to wait 15 mins most mornings) I have moisturizer, PM cream, 2 toners, 2 masques, & this! I use Olay Fresh Effects for spot treatment but since using these products I've only used the Olay a couple times ...1 blemish caused by stress! I don't go for AHA/BHA/Vit C/serums/retinoids/glycolic & other acids. I like to keep it plain, nothing fancy. My skin is uber sensitive now used to be tough like leather when I was an adolescent w acne so bad I was on pills. I "was"/am a cleanser h0, I've still got Cerave, Noxzema, Cetaphil for oily skin, Simple hydrating cleanser, Clinique mild oily skin liquid facial soap, Clinique bar soap...etc this is my fave! Those other cleansers are excellent too but I feel like this really deep cleanses& this is by far perfection & for USD$8 on Ulta.com! I have exceedingly oily non breakout prone skin & I found I don't have to spend a fortune on skincare w 10.0.6 I will rebuy all their stuff 4 a long time! I don't have young skin but my mature skin is a natural greaseball! This helps!!! I've never seen it in a B&M store I accidentally happened on this brand in an Ulta.com search. HG the entire brand.

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

Nice, clean packaging. Consistence is waterier than some other cleansers. Fresh smell. Left my skin a bit tighter and dryer than the Boots Cucumber Face Wash I'm using right now. Maybe better for oily skin types, or for hot summers. Are they cruelty free?

About reviewer (324 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

So I purchased this at Walmart for around $10. I thought that was a pretty reasonable price. I have combination skin and using this has helped mattify my skin without over drying it, and actually made my pores instantly look smaller. Although, right after use, my skin feels a bit more tight for some reason but super fresh and clean. The smell is amazing, but the consistency is very runny so a tip for that would be to tilt the bottle slightly and let it come out on its own. You only need a little less than a dime size amount. Don't be alarmed at how watery it is, because it lathers really well once on your wet face. I'd definitey repurchase this and recommend. Keep in mind this isn't the best make up remover so if thats what you are looking for, this product isn't for you. I typically use makeup remover wipes for my face and eye make up and once that is off I cleanse my face with this. Hope that helps.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure