Sigma F30 Large Powder Brush

Sigma F30 Large Powder Brush
F30 Large Powder BrushF30 Large Powder BrushF30 Large Powder Brush

3.1

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is (to me) the pimp daddy of powder brushes. Big, fluffy, and soft, with a nice long handle. It does a great job dusting a fine layer of powder. I don't need much because my skin is dry, and this really helps to apply the bare minimum needed.
Yes, it has occasionally shed a piece or two, but even my natural hair high end brushes that I have had for 30 years do. I think for the price it is a gorgeous brush!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As I have said with a few of the other Sigma brushes, like it's name has been changed, so have the brushes. The brushes were always excellent, but the brush handles could have been improved upon. The handles are now at least a little noticeably stronger, and brushes soft and smooth as always. Will be buying this brush in the future. Cleaning is easy too, and easy to shape.

on 3/31/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

SHEDS LIKE CRAZY!! I have been using this brush nearly every day for two years...TWO YEARS. And it still sheds every time I use it. I have even tried to purposely shed the brush while washing it, but it doesn't help and I end up with a sink full of hair fragments. I wouldn't recommend this brush to anyone...and I am only still using it because it was so pricey. I usually love Sigma brushes, but this brush was a huge fail.

on 2/20/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush...no problems to report...works very well for powder application..very satisfied

I hate this brush, it sheds so much and never stops!

on 10/17/2013 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First of all, I think that they changed the quality of the brush. I bought mine recently (a month ago), and I must say, I am utterly stunned by the quality since I have bad experiences with Sigma brushes (shedding, bad cut brushes, splayed bristles).

What I am really stunned with is the density of the brush: the brush has densely packed bristles, compared to Bdellium 985. I know that the 985 is a duet fiber brush, but the density near the base of the brushes (where the bristles meet the ferrule) is evident. I haven't got the MAC brush, so I cannot tell how the F30 compares to 150, but I would advise to think about getting this brush (over MAC 150, Bdellium Tools 975, 980, 959).

Comparing the price: MAC vs. Sigma Powder Brush vs. Bdellium Tools: $42 vs. $24 (I payed mine $21 09/24/2013) vs. $19-21 (currently $15-17).

Comparing the density/quality: Sigma vs. Bdellium: Sigma's brush feels nice in the hand (Sephora's feel bad), has a nice, big, round head, great density, and until now shed only one (1) bristle. I did order it fully knowing it will shed, but, until now, I haven't experienced any unpleasant shedding. I like how it picks color of pressed products (MAC Select Sheer, theBalm Sexy Mama) and I don't get any cake-y effect with it. I had to use more product with BT 975 or with the beloved (not any more) 959.

I hate the fact that Sigma put the prices of the brushes higher AGAIN! Not only the shipping costs (>$11), which make Sigma brushes on the EXPENSIVE side. One should note, if you consider buying Sigma online from sigmabeauty dot com, and think the brushes are on the cheaper side, place the brushes you want to order in your cart, and calculate your shipping. The brushes may cost you exact like some of the MAC brushes (Sephora's are definately overpriced).

Overall, I like the brush very very much.

Pro- It's super soft which is nice.

Con- Been shedding since it arrived in the mail. If i just lightly sweep it over my face i end up with the brush hair on my face -_-.

I don't enjoy looking like i have thick dark hairs growing on my face nor do i enjoying having to always pick them off.

on 6/14/2013 8:26:00 PM

Useless. It sheds like crazy!!!! Not worth a penny. I hate it hate hate hate!!!

on 5/30/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really baffled by all the negative reviews. I've used this brush for my powder foundation for 3 years, and I have no complaints. I got it along with a full set of brushes. Despite washing this brush many times, there has been no shedding. It gets the job done really well. I would highly recommend this.

on 5/29/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this brush to apply my powder foundation for over 2 years, and couldn't be more satisfied. I haven't had any problems with shedding even after many washes with my brush cleanser. I think this is a great alternative to the MAC one. You save money and still get the same job done. It's a no brainer.

Popular Makeup Brushes