Urban Decay Space Cowboy (Stardust)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I haven't purchased a glittery shadow in almost a decade, but this translucent nude color caught my eye. The trick is to use your finger to apply. I dab this on my lids after applying UD Virgin. Add mascara and gloss. Perfect for understated glam at the beach.

I suspect the people who don't like this product haven't heard of this method of use. What I do is apply my medium brown eyeshadow in my eye crease and then place the Space Cowboy stardust ON TOP of it and then swipe it one time with my finger. This makes all the sparkle come out in full force and subdues the "eyeshadow" look. It also tones down the eyeshadow in the crease. Been doing this for more than a year and I LOVE it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was part of a duo sample that I received with my order.
It's a light golden, almost yellow with silver glitter. The glitter was not overwhelming and I had no glitter fallout. I also had little fallout with the color itself.
It was fairly smooth to apply and applied evenly. It's not a dramatic color by any means. It's decently pigmented and didn't fade horribly.
This would be a great highlight color and crease color. Even a wash over the lid for a quick look.
For pale skin tones like myself, it doesn't show up very vivid. As for darker tones, this would do much better and be a bit more versatile.

I would purchase as a highlight color, for sure.

on 5/7/2011 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have only a free sample of this on a little card included with a recent UD order, but, based on the sample, this is pretty good - IF you like sparkle, and lots of it.

The shadow is smooth, silky, and well-pigmented, and it's a lovely champagne beige color. I can see it being a good highlight - IF you like sparkle, and lots of it.

For my part, I've gotten a little bored with sparkly eyeshadows, so I won't be buying the full size.

on 5/15/2010 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the 3rd Stardust shadow I have tried, and it is really one of the best. The base color is very much like Midnight Cowboy, and the shimmery particles make it look wet. It is not gobs of glitter like in Midnight Cowboy....Space Cowboy is very dewy and sexy and makes a great highlighter! I always hit the pan on Midnight Cowboy when UD includes them in palettes, so I was excited to try something with less glitter hunks. (BTW, I bend over a hand mirror placed on a table to apply glittery e/s. That way, no fallout goes on my face. It goes on the table for easy clean up.) The Stardust shadows are kind of sheer as it is, so if you want to try one, get this. It is very versatile!