Urban Decay Space Cowboy (Stardust)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/2/2015 2:54:00 PM

I have to be honest - I'm a bit surprised at how mixed the reviews are on this one! I'd swatched Space Cowboy about a dozen times before committing to forking over the $18 for the shadow. I'm so glad I decided to purchase it! My full intention was for it to be a second layer over a nude shadow - and it really does work perfect for that! I'll layer it over Snatch (peachy nude) for some extra glitz or even dab it over a coppery shade. Very complimentary and perfect for a night out!

My only complaint is just a generalization over UD's single shadow pricing. I wish they were more like $12 a piece.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I haven't purchased a glittery shadow in almost a decade, but this translucent nude color caught my eye. The trick is to use your finger to apply. I dab this on my lids after applying UD Virgin. Add mascara and gloss. Perfect for understated glam at the beach.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this shadow I retrograde from the UD website as it was on sale for less than $5 compared to $18 ( and id never pay $18 for oneishadow no matter how food it is....but i thought OOOH yeah gonna buy it :)
Needless today I'm so glad I only paid $5 for it...it's horrible!!!!!! It's so glittery, color payoff isn't great, if u use it wet it's more pigmented but not great....and when i went to blend the product out it faded and the fallout was horrible...i had it on for five minutes and said forget it then i went to remove it....the glitter is what drew me to this product....but the GLITTER!!! Don't even get me started... No matter how many times I wash my face or what products I use to remove makeup the glitter stays put!!!! I mean I scrub and rub like crazy and h glitter is still there...what the heck??? Urban decay, u need to rethink this product....because it sucks!!!!! I will never buy this product again:(!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was part of a duo sample that I received with my order.
It's a light golden, almost yellow with silver glitter. The glitter was not overwhelming and I had no glitter fallout. I also had little fallout with the color itself.
It was fairly smooth to apply and applied evenly. It's not a dramatic color by any means. It's decently pigmented and didn't fade horribly.
This would be a great highlight color and crease color. Even a wash over the lid for a quick look.
For pale skin tones like myself, it doesn't show up very vivid. As for darker tones, this would do much better and be a bit more versatile.

I would purchase as a highlight color, for sure.

on 5/7/2011 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have only a free sample of this on a little card included with a recent UD order, but, based on the sample, this is pretty good - IF you like sparkle, and lots of it.

The shadow is smooth, silky, and well-pigmented, and it's a lovely champagne beige color. I can see it being a good highlight - IF you like sparkle, and lots of it.

For my part, I've gotten a little bored with sparkly eyeshadows, so I won't be buying the full size.

on 5/15/2010 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the 3rd Stardust shadow I have tried, and it is really one of the best. The base color is very much like Midnight Cowboy, and the shimmery particles make it look wet. It is not gobs of glitter like in Midnight Cowboy....Space Cowboy is very dewy and sexy and makes a great highlighter! I always hit the pan on Midnight Cowboy when UD includes them in palettes, so I was excited to try something with less glitter hunks. (BTW, I bend over a hand mirror placed on a table to apply glittery e/s. That way, no fallout goes on my face. It goes on the table for easy clean up.) The Stardust shadows are kind of sheer as it is, so if you want to try one, get this. It is very versatile!