Urban Decay Space Cowboy (Stardust)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/31/2016 11:43:00 PM

I adore this product, it looks like liquid on the eyes. I have been trying to find a lovely, sophisticated glitter suspended in gel. I bought this instead and I'm so glad I did. It looks like a liquid but it's a powder, that's what I'm trying to say.

I apply it with fingers usually. That avoids fallout. I have applied it with a MAC 239 a couple of times and I've been surprised by how well the colour picks up and how well it applies, but it does get all over your face if you use a brush.

This shade doesn't have a lot of colour, but when I wear it I'm going for glitter, not colour. What colour there is meshes really well with my skintone and just evens my eyelids out so it looks like I just have glitter on. Based on my swatches in the store I wouldn't buy any of the others because they all seem to have a lot of glitter with little colour and only this one works for my skintone. My advice is, choose the one in the range that is closest to your skintone and just get that.

on 11/2/2015 2:54:00 PM

I have to be honest - I'm a bit surprised at how mixed the reviews are on this one! I'd swatched Space Cowboy about a dozen times before committing to forking over the $18 for the shadow. I'm so glad I decided to purchase it! My full intention was for it to be a second layer over a nude shadow - and it really does work perfect for that! I'll layer it over Snatch (peachy nude) for some extra glitz or even dab it over a coppery shade. Very complimentary and perfect for a night out!

My only complaint is just a generalization over UD's single shadow pricing. I wish they were more like $12 a piece.

on 7/10/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this as a gift from a friend and it all fell out of the pan. I never got a chance to try it. I have dropped a few UD shadows but they survived . This turn into shadow dust as soon as it hit the ground. I am glad that this was free but I don't think that I will ever try this again.

on 11/3/2010 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I got this Stardust shadow, along with Retrograde, as a sample at Sephora. It was great when I tried them together. I went out and purchased Space Cowboy and I am a bit disappointed. There is basically no color to this shadow, just a whole bunch of sparkle all over my lids. Also, this shadow is very loose, and therefore I had sparkle all over my face. (I've had to apply this using my fingers rather than a brush to eliminate it sprinkling all over my face). I like Retrograde--which provides purple sparkle but Space Cowboy though.... still on the fence with this one. I don't think I'll repurchase.

on 5/15/2010 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the 3rd Stardust shadow I have tried, and it is really one of the best. The base color is very much like Midnight Cowboy, and the shimmery particles make it look wet. It is not gobs of glitter like in Midnight Cowboy....Space Cowboy is very dewy and sexy and makes a great highlighter! I always hit the pan on Midnight Cowboy when UD includes them in palettes, so I was excited to try something with less glitter hunks. (BTW, I bend over a hand mirror placed on a table to apply glittery e/s. That way, no fallout goes on my face. It goes on the table for easy clean up.) The Stardust shadows are kind of sheer as it is, so if you want to try one, get this. It is very versatile!