Urban Decay Space Cowboy (Stardust)

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can't tell you all how many times I would go into sephora and watch these beautiful shadows before I actually committed to buying a couple of them. I bought this shade and "cosmic". Space Cowboy is my favorite out of the two. On days I am feeling lazy, but want something to spice up my look, I quickly apply colourpops super shock shadow in "amaze" (which is totally amazeballs btw) all over the lid with my finger. I then take space cowboy and place it right on top. The combo is absolutely beautiful ! Very quick and easy. I always throw a cat eye on top for a soft glam. Lasts all day & all night without any fall out.

on 1/31/2016 11:43:00 PM

I adore this product, it looks like liquid on the eyes. I have been trying to find a lovely, sophisticated glitter suspended in gel. I bought this instead and I'm so glad I did. It looks like a liquid but it's a powder, that's what I'm trying to say.

I apply it with fingers usually. That avoids fallout. I have applied it with a MAC 239 a couple of times and I've been surprised by how well the colour picks up and how well it applies, but it does get all over your face if you use a brush.

This shade doesn't have a lot of colour, but when I wear it I'm going for glitter, not colour. What colour there is meshes really well with my skintone and just evens my eyelids out so it looks like I just have glitter on. Based on my swatches in the store I wouldn't buy any of the others because they all seem to have a lot of glitter with little colour and only this one works for my skintone. My advice is, choose the one in the range that is closest to your skintone and just get that.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/2/2015 2:54:00 PM

I have to be honest - I'm a bit surprised at how mixed the reviews are on this one! I'd swatched Space Cowboy about a dozen times before committing to forking over the $18 for the shadow. I'm so glad I decided to purchase it! My full intention was for it to be a second layer over a nude shadow - and it really does work perfect for that! I'll layer it over Snatch (peachy nude) for some extra glitz or even dab it over a coppery shade. Very complimentary and perfect for a night out!

My only complaint is just a generalization over UD's single shadow pricing. I wish they were more like $12 a piece.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I haven't purchased a glittery shadow in almost a decade, but this translucent nude color caught my eye. The trick is to use your finger to apply. I dab this on my lids after applying UD Virgin. Add mascara and gloss. Perfect for understated glam at the beach.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this shadow I retrograde from the UD website as it was on sale for less than $5 compared to $18 ( and id never pay $18 for oneishadow no matter how food it is....but i thought OOOH yeah gonna buy it :)
Needless today I'm so glad I only paid $5 for it...it's horrible!!!!!! It's so glittery, color payoff isn't great, if u use it wet it's more pigmented but not great....and when i went to blend the product out it faded and the fallout was horrible...i had it on for five minutes and said forget it then i went to remove it....the glitter is what drew me to this product....but the GLITTER!!! Don't even get me started... No matter how many times I wash my face or what products I use to remove makeup the glitter stays put!!!! I mean I scrub and rub like crazy and h glitter is still there...what the heck??? Urban decay, u need to rethink this product....because it sucks!!!!! I will never buy this product again:(!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

whoah nelly! just a bit conflicted..I like glittery shimmery ooh lala shades, But this goes a little towards overpowering Ke$ha territory... I thought it would be a metallic neutral with sparkle but nay...it is mostly just sparkle with no undertone and the glitter falls down your face. I Love you urban decay...but I think you dropped the disco ball on this one 0_o However,I'll save this in my makeup kit for proms or theatrical freelance jobs coz I'm sure this will be a hit for that...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this knowing it would be super glittery. It doesn't look like how it does in swatch pictures. I was expecting a metallic base with glitter, but it's more of a chalky nude (like UD "Naked") with silver glitter. Which is fine, just not what I expected. I like the effect, but I think I need to buy some glitter adhesive to get more product to transfer on to my lid and not fall off throughout the day.

I suspect the people who don't like this product haven't heard of this method of use. What I do is apply my medium brown eyeshadow in my eye crease and then place the Space Cowboy stardust ON TOP of it and then swipe it one time with my finger. This makes all the sparkle come out in full force and subdues the "eyeshadow" look. It also tones down the eyeshadow in the crease. Been doing this for more than a year and I LOVE it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was part of a duo sample that I received with my order.
It's a light golden, almost yellow with silver glitter. The glitter was not overwhelming and I had no glitter fallout. I also had little fallout with the color itself.
It was fairly smooth to apply and applied evenly. It's not a dramatic color by any means. It's decently pigmented and didn't fade horribly.
This would be a great highlight color and crease color. Even a wash over the lid for a quick look.
For pale skin tones like myself, it doesn't show up very vivid. As for darker tones, this would do much better and be a bit more versatile.

I would purchase as a highlight color, for sure.

on 7/10/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this as a gift from a friend and it all fell out of the pan. I never got a chance to try it. I have dropped a few UD shadows but they survived . This turn into shadow dust as soon as it hit the ground. I am glad that this was free but I don't think that I will ever try this again.