Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

3.4

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Stila make some of the best eyeliners in the industry. I got this in one of the holiday sets and have been really liking it for tight lining my upper eyelid. I recently have been just tight lining my eyes instead of going on with heavy eyeliner as I like how natural and pretty my eyes look and this fits the bill.

Smudgeproof and waterproof. It stays on a long time until I take it off with an oil-based eye makeup remover. This and the stay all day liquid eyeliner are my favourite eyeliners.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have repurchased Stingray (& LionFish which is a bronze) for the 2nd time both recently. What stopped me from rebuying sooner?? Well the Stila liquid black glitter liner's meaty glitter chunks ended up culminating in an ophthalmologist visit so I threw away that & irdk what happened to my Stingray I think I threw it away, I kept LionFish coz I thought it didn't have glitter chunks. The new stingray seems to have less glitter chunks in the pencil & it does not irritate my uber sensitive eyes like the liquid liner I wouldn't prob repurchase the liquid but this stringray pencil stays put it really does stay put & seems waterproof, it's gr8 for waterlining & doing Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick eyeliner (YT has a CT video), sharpen the flick w a liquid if necessary really gr8 pencil eyeliner I'll avoid glitter in the future but this does not seem like a glitterbomb seems like a good solid quality eyeliner & becoz of Ulta March 21 Days Of Beauty I got this for $11!! It makes nice precise lines, inky black no visible shimmer/discernible glitter. My tightline/waterlining buddy!!

To Read all 85 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not a bad eyeliner, but possibly has some cautions. I bought this in the shade Espresso (but I do not see a general review for these liners nor Espresso, so I added my review for this liner here under 'Stingray'). It applies really easy, quite creamy actually and glides on with no tugging, which my 45 year old eyes appreciate. The shade Espresso is nice, neutral, great daytime or workplace shade. I get no smudging, which was a concern for me, as many eyeliners smudge or disappear into my skin within 2 hours of wearing. This stayed put, but I will add, this is early Spring when I am using this, the real test will be in the heat and humidity of Summer (which I will adjust my review and rating if the performance of this changes during the summer).

I did notice, as a few others reviewers have mentioned, that this seems to bother my eyes, and I do not put this on my water line nor my tightline, just my lower lash line. And also note, I do not wear contacts, so I would imagine this might bother some contact lens wearers. Pity, because otherwise it is a very nice liner, I like the shade of brown and how it stays put. The irritation that I get is not bad, just something that definitely makes me take notice. Nothing like watery eyes or itchy, just like a slight (very slight) burning type of sensation. It is not a terrible irritation (and I will still use this on occasion, just not daily), but for an eyeliner of this price, it is a little disappointing. Again, it would be about perfect otherwise, and the true test for me with this will be the dead of Summer. They do seem to have some nice shades, but the slight irritation kind of makes me lean away from purchasing other shades. If it weren't for that, I would definitely look to pick up other shades. But the irritation, while very mild, is enough to make me not re-purchase and made me take 2 full lippies off from the overall rating of what would have been a 5-star product for me. Should not get irritation from this at all, especially not at this price point, or any price point, for that matter!

Also, in my experience, you have to kind of have to be careful with this as the very tip tends to break off easily.

Performs great and looks great, but unfortunately has that very slight irritation, that re-appears periodically for me during the day while wearing this (and it is not seasonal allergies, I only get this irritation when wearing this liner). I definitely would not use this to tightline or in my waterline, that is for sure! It's a shame, because this looks so nice and stays put so nicely. But..an irritation is still an irritation. All in all..would not re-purchase.

on 2/6/2016 7:32:00 AM

Long story short, I had it on for 2 hours and it smudged soooo badddd.

on 1/21/2016 7:14:00 AM

the liner is amazing! doesn't smudge and lasts all day. its super creamy and pigmented and i love using it to tightline my inner waterline. the packaging sucksss though. i bought 3 of these and all 3 wound up but wouldnt wind back down. other than that it's awesome.

This is the best liner I have ever used. I got this in stingray/black, which was confusing because stingrays are usually gray. I usually use maybelline master drama pencil because I heard it's a dupe for this & it is, but Stilla is better. It is super black, glided on great, stays on all day, even with water & crying, no smudging at all. Thin tip so I get thin lines. Blends/smudges on bottom well. It's my holy grail. Unfortunately $20 is ridiculous for liner so I can't continue to keep purchasing it every time I run out. Also don't like the packaging & that it's not in plastic, it's exposed & anyone can open it and use it & put it back in the box.

on 12/1/2015 12:02:00 PM

Very pigmented jet black color, which is nice. But it tugs a little when applied and it's not long-lasting at all. Transfers up into my browbone area pretty quickly. That's my biggest eyeliner-related pet peeve. I need my eyeliner to stay in place until I take it off at the end of the day.

This product does not meet my expectations, I wouldn't buy it again.

Given the price, I expected great quality eyeliner, but this thing is just.... FAIL. It tugs my eyelid, kinda hard to work with, even after warming it up on the back of my hand. I wouldn't go as far as run it through a lighter, because come on, even cheap maybelline eyeliner becomes crazy smooth with that trick. Then, this eyeliner doesn't last that long, anyway. After 3-4 hours, the eyeliner succesfully migrated to under eyes, with or without primer on. Ugh.

on 10/10/2015 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this eyeliner. It's really black and pigmented and on me it has great staying power. I only use it on my top eyelid though and I always use a primer. It lasts all day, is so easy to apply and I can smudge it easily if want a different look.

I loved how this eyeliner provided a pop of deep, beautiful colour, without being too pigmented. Also stayed on a long time.

Sadly, I had to throw it out due to an allergy, as much as I hated doing so. I have sensitive eyes and wear eye contacts. I noticed I would get eye infections once in a while. After narrowing it down, the cause of my eye infections was this eyeliner.

I can't recommend this to any women that have sensitive eyes. If it weren't for this issue, I would recommend this product. I hope Stila makes a hypoallergenic version of this eyeliner!