Dermalogica Pure light spf 30

Pure light spf 30

2.6

Not tested on animals

on 8/31/2014 12:42:00 AM

I used another Dermalogica moisturizer before, that left my face matte, and I loved it. I knew I was not buying the same thing, but I thought it would be the same quality. I wanted a moisturizer to use during day time, with some SPF.
The results are similar to others' commenting here. First my face is very sticky and shinny. I have to even wash my hands to remove (wish soap) a layer of oil/wax, so my face is also covered by that. The fact that goes on white it doesn't bother me, because that goes away eventually... but that does happen. But the worst part is the end result: a face so dry that skin peels off. How is that possible?!
I see there is another thread to review this product under sunscreen... So what I will try is use a moisturizer with no SPF (Clinique never fails me) and then this on top. I will at least make it so it is not money gone to the trash.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Although I have combination skin, it dried out my skin so bad that my skin was tight all day long. Will definitely not wear it again.

I live in an Asian country. I have combination oily skin and uneven skin tone. For day care , I often apply moisturizer under sunscreen and finally finish with loose powder. That takes me much time before hurrying to work in the morning and I feel thick on my skin. Recently, I've found Pure Light spf 30. I've been using for a week . I just apply the Pure Light spf 30 before loose powder. I like it because its three - in - one : moisturizing , sunscreen and base. I feel smooth, soft, and my skin tone is more even. The one thing I don't like is its high price. I have to buy it at $135 in my country. Very expensive ! I will buy it again.

on 12/29/2011 7:26:00 PM

I was so excited to splash out and buy an expensive moisturiser for once and assumed it would lighten the pigmentation on my forehead. Unfortunately this product dried out my skin and made me look matte and white no matter how dark my foundation was! It also made my skin peel and did little to nothing for my pigmentation-so sad.
I am trying other Dermalogica products now though to give the company another chance and the Age Smart moisturiser is good. I like that they don't test on animals too!

on 5/27/2011 7:13:00 AM

I have been using Pure Light for 4 weeks now. I was recommended this product by my Dermalogica skin care specialist as I have asian skin and very typical hyperpigmentation spots all over my cheekbones.

I did not like this moisturizer very much at first - as it was not really moisturizing much and was showing (instead of hiding) all dry patches on my face. I recently learned about moisturizing benefits of jojoba oil and how this oil can be mixed with any moisturizer for the boosting effect. Well, I tried it with Pure Light and it worked PERFECTLY for me!
I use 4 pumps of Pure Light (pumps are really small - so little goes a long way) with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil, mix it in my palm and apply to my face and neck. My face feels really smooth and moisturized for the whole day.

I love micro sparkles and sheer in this moisturizer which give my face an instant glow. I also notice that my dark spots are slowly fading (unfortunately it takes some time to see "unpigmentation" effect) but the skin tone already became brighter and more even.
One lippie off for the price.

P.S. I posted the same review on Dermalogica site and they rejected it - because I dared mentioning a non Dermalogica product on their site! I then emailed Dermalogica requesting to publish my review so they did. But still left a sour aftertaste being treated like this.