Dermalogica Pure light spf 30

Pure light spf 30

3.3

Not tested on animals

on 7/24/2011 12:46:00 PM

This product is fantastic for my skin type. I am very fair and have blemishes and red patches on my nose and the pale skin seems to highlight this even more. I have been looking for a moisturiser with the added benefit of an spf for ages and this seemed to be what I had been looking for. When the pure light moisturiser arrived, I was impressed by the packaging and the moisturiser itself is so easy to apply. Other people have mentioned that pure light can make your face dry, however, I haven't experienced this at all. I feel that the moisturiser is perfect for me as it doesn't make my skin too oily or dry. I did notice a slight improvement in the appearance of my blemishes and my skin did appear to be more radiant after I used this. I think if you had the whole chroma-white range, then, the pigmentation will improve even more, as, all the products in the range will be working together. The moisturiser is also great as a base before putting on make-up. I have tried other moisturisers before which have made the application of make-up difficult and I appeared to have a 'waxy' look. However, this is great as a make-up base as I didn't appear 'waxy' or 'greasy' at all and my skin stayed soft and hydrated all day. Needless to say I will be repurchasing this product as it is a godsend!

on 6/20/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was on the lookout for a moisturizing sunscreen with physical filters, and this one seemed to fit the bill. The website states that it is for all skintypes, but it is definitely nothing for drier skintypes. On the contrary, I feel that it sucks all the moisture out of my skin, leaving it parched, and I can only wear it on top of a heavier moisturizer. Also, it leaves a very sticky surface which I'm not too keen on. So I obviously won't repurchase. Dermalogica is my favourite skincare brand, but I find many of the newer/specialist products to be quite unimpressive, unfortunately.

This sunscreen burned and stung me immediately. I looked at the ingredients and discovered two irritating ingredients: Ylang Ylang (which is disguised as another name on the ingredients list), and linalool (which is a derivative of lavender and is very irritating to some people). I am confused as to why a company so dedicated to preserving and caring for the skin would use irritating ingredients. Even in small amounts these ingredients drive my skin wild. The price was outrageous and the pump bottle was useless. Will not purchase again.

on 5/12/2010 11:51:00 AM

I was looking for a more protective day moisturizer with spf. I found that my previous one (LRP hydraphase spf30) was not doing a good job of blocking the sun and some darker spots were appearing on my cheeks. This product has titanium and zinc oxide which I feel are the most effective to block the damaging rays. It's texture is very nice, not too thick. It comes in a nice sanitary bottle. For the price, I would have liked a clear strip on the side so you can see when you are almost empty. I do feel this helped to lighten the spots and even out my skin. I noticed it within 10 day! It also has helped to reduce some fine lines around my eyes. This product does make my face feel a little dry or look a little matte, especially if I use the wrong primers. However, I have combated that with a great night cream (Relaxine!) Overall, with the great benefits of skin brightening, great sun protection, and definite improvement of some lines, I think it is wonderful.

Popular Moisturizers