Dermalogica Pure light spf 30

Pure light spf 30

3.0

Not tested on animals

on 5/12/2010 11:51:00 AM

I was looking for a more protective day moisturizer with spf. I found that my previous one (LRP hydraphase spf30) was not doing a good job of blocking the sun and some darker spots were appearing on my cheeks. This product has titanium and zinc oxide which I feel are the most effective to block the damaging rays. It's texture is very nice, not too thick. It comes in a nice sanitary bottle. For the price, I would have liked a clear strip on the side so you can see when you are almost empty. I do feel this helped to lighten the spots and even out my skin. I noticed it within 10 day! It also has helped to reduce some fine lines around my eyes. This product does make my face feel a little dry or look a little matte, especially if I use the wrong primers. However, I have combated that with a great night cream (Relaxine!) Overall, with the great benefits of skin brightening, great sun protection, and definite improvement of some lines, I think it is wonderful.

on 5/26/2010 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Its nice, i cant say if i noticed any difference...my major beef is that the sunblock makes me look really grey and ashy,I recommend u use it also with another moisturizer bcos this has a very drying effect.

This sunscreen burned and stung me immediately. I looked at the ingredients and discovered two irritating ingredients: Ylang Ylang (which is disguised as another name on the ingredients list), and linalool (which is a derivative of lavender and is very irritating to some people). I am confused as to why a company so dedicated to preserving and caring for the skin would use irritating ingredients. Even in small amounts these ingredients drive my skin wild. The price was outrageous and the pump bottle was useless. Will not purchase again.

on 6/20/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was on the lookout for a moisturizing sunscreen with physical filters, and this one seemed to fit the bill. The website states that it is for all skintypes, but it is definitely nothing for drier skintypes. On the contrary, I feel that it sucks all the moisture out of my skin, leaving it parched, and I can only wear it on top of a heavier moisturizer. Also, it leaves a very sticky surface which I'm not too keen on. So I obviously won't repurchase. Dermalogica is my favourite skincare brand, but I find many of the newer/specialist products to be quite unimpressive, unfortunately.

on 5/27/2011 7:13:00 AM

I have been using Pure Light for 4 weeks now. I was recommended this product by my Dermalogica skin care specialist as I have asian skin and very typical hyperpigmentation spots all over my cheekbones.

I did not like this moisturizer very much at first - as it was not really moisturizing much and was showing (instead of hiding) all dry patches on my face. I recently learned about moisturizing benefits of jojoba oil and how this oil can be mixed with any moisturizer for the boosting effect. Well, I tried it with Pure Light and it worked PERFECTLY for me!
I use 4 pumps of Pure Light (pumps are really small - so little goes a long way) with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil, mix it in my palm and apply to my face and neck. My face feels really smooth and moisturized for the whole day.

I love micro sparkles and sheer in this moisturizer which give my face an instant glow. I also notice that my dark spots are slowly fading (unfortunately it takes some time to see "unpigmentation" effect) but the skin tone already became brighter and more even.
One lippie off for the price.

P.S. I posted the same review on Dermalogica site and they rejected it - because I dared mentioning a non Dermalogica product on their site! I then emailed Dermalogica requesting to publish my review so they did. But still left a sour aftertaste being treated like this.

on 7/24/2011 12:46:00 PM

This product is fantastic for my skin type. I am very fair and have blemishes and red patches on my nose and the pale skin seems to highlight this even more. I have been looking for a moisturiser with the added benefit of an spf for ages and this seemed to be what I had been looking for. When the pure light moisturiser arrived, I was impressed by the packaging and the moisturiser itself is so easy to apply. Other people have mentioned that pure light can make your face dry, however, I haven't experienced this at all. I feel that the moisturiser is perfect for me as it doesn't make my skin too oily or dry. I did notice a slight improvement in the appearance of my blemishes and my skin did appear to be more radiant after I used this. I think if you had the whole chroma-white range, then, the pigmentation will improve even more, as, all the products in the range will be working together. The moisturiser is also great as a base before putting on make-up. I have tried other moisturisers before which have made the application of make-up difficult and I appeared to have a 'waxy' look. However, this is great as a make-up base as I didn't appear 'waxy' or 'greasy' at all and my skin stayed soft and hydrated all day. Needless to say I will be repurchasing this product as it is a godsend!

on 12/29/2011 7:26:00 PM

I was so excited to splash out and buy an expensive moisturiser for once and assumed it would lighten the pigmentation on my forehead. Unfortunately this product dried out my skin and made me look matte and white no matter how dark my foundation was! It also made my skin peel and did little to nothing for my pigmentation-so sad.
I am trying other Dermalogica products now though to give the company another chance and the Age Smart moisturiser is good. I like that they don't test on animals too!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this. I have sensitive skin--I noticed that some other reviewers complained of irritation, but totally opposite for me, thank goodness. The texture is smooth, not gritty or too thick, as some moisturizers with SPF can be. It applies so smoothly and even if you pile it on, it won't lay thickly on, resisting blending. The SPF factor is good, and I always top my moisturizer with an SPF foundation (arbonne currently--but it sucks) or powder (clinique almost powder) anyway. I would HIGHLY recommend it. I hope it brightens over time, but every day i use this, my skin feels very soft, bouncy, and moisturized. Does NOT make me look ashy, despite SPF--i have medium to tan skin, and lots of SPF stuff make me look horrible--this doesn't. I REEEALLY love this.
I would recommend that you get the sample sachets of it, if you're unsure, before splurging.

I live in an Asian country. I have combination oily skin and uneven skin tone. For day care , I often apply moisturizer under sunscreen and finally finish with loose powder. That takes me much time before hurrying to work in the morning and I feel thick on my skin. Recently, I've found Pure Light spf 30. I've been using for a week . I just apply the Pure Light spf 30 before loose powder. I like it because its three - in - one : moisturizing , sunscreen and base. I feel smooth, soft, and my skin tone is more even. The one thing I don't like is its high price. I have to buy it at $135 in my country. Very expensive ! I will buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Although I have combination skin, it dried out my skin so bad that my skin was tight all day long. Will definitely not wear it again.

Popular Moisturizers