Dermalogica Pure light spf 30

3.5

Not tested on animals

on 3/17/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
It really does work! I had a much more even skin tone and goodbye pigmentation spots! It really did protect my skin during the day as well

CONs:
Just like the Chroma white TRx Pure Night, I found that Dermalogica is good for fixing a skin problem but it creates another which makes it hard to repair. I used to have oily skin and after finishing the bottle, I had noticed that my skin had become very dehydrated. I have a strict skin routine and use quality products that are suited for my skin, however, no amount of serum, intense moisture, facials, etc can repair the damage. It has been well over a year since I used it and my skin is suffering for some hydration. It also had a slight white finish on my skin, which is unusual for Dermalogica because I love all their other SPFs that I have used.

on 5/27/2011 7:13:00 AM

I have been using Pure Light for 4 weeks now. I was recommended this product by my Dermalogica skin care specialist as I have asian skin and very typical hyperpigmentation spots all over my cheekbones.

I did not like this moisturizer very much at first - as it was not really moisturizing much and was showing (instead of hiding) all dry patches on my face. I recently learned about moisturizing benefits of jojoba oil and how this oil can be mixed with any moisturizer for the boosting effect. Well, I tried it with Pure Light and it worked PERFECTLY for me!
I use 4 pumps of Pure Light (pumps are really small - so little goes a long way) with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil, mix it in my palm and apply to my face and neck. My face feels really smooth and moisturized for the whole day.

I love micro sparkles and sheer in this moisturizer which give my face an instant glow. I also notice that my dark spots are slowly fading (unfortunately it takes some time to see "unpigmentation" effect) but the skin tone already became brighter and more even.
One lippie off for the price.

P.S. I posted the same review on Dermalogica site and they rejected it - because I dared mentioning a non Dermalogica product on their site! I then emailed Dermalogica requesting to publish my review so they did. But still left a sour aftertaste being treated like this.