Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Moisturizer

Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Moisturizer

2.7

Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbaden Leaf Juice, Caprylic/Capric Triglyverides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceterarth-20, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Lecithin, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Trapaeolum Majus Extract, Terminalia Chebula Extract, Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Hydroxyethel Ethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Slicylic Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Tocopherol, Echinacea, Angustifolia Extract, Pathenol, Fragrance/Parfum, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I understand that this product is truly intended for someone much younger than me, but I use this every morning before putting on makeup and i love it. The oily skin that was the bane of my existence in my teens, is now the oily skin that is keeping me from getting wrinkles so YEA for that, but i still have oily breakthrough issues if i don't use this moisturizer. The tube does need to be shaken up before you use it, otherwise it can be thin and runny. I personally have never had it smell "off" like others apparently have experienced. I think it smells exactly like what it says on the tube, "aloe vera and bamboo". The smell doesn't last more than a moment. It keeps my skin feeling fresh and keeps my oil at bay for an entire day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Already got a backup of this, I do not understand the low ratings! My HG moisturizer along w Clean&Clear (the only thing I basically like from C&C well spot treatment/persa gel is OK but I prefer Olay Fresh Effects spot trtmnt when I can find it. I digress) & Olay Fresh Effects Mattifier (Pville did not like that 1). This reeks but I got used to its strange but very transient scent. I'd rather have it be no masking fragrance added coz frag is an irritant. It keeps me much more matte than anything else & I shake my tube well b4 I squirt any out & mine isn't runny. It's not meant to be used around eyes believe it or not my eye "cream" is usually Vaseline b4 bed! I love all of 10.0.6 nothing has been disappointing if u have oily skin check this brand out not just for teens my mature oily skin loves it. Will repurchase forever & it's cheap on Ulta.com nothing over $10! & can get $3.50 off a $10 coupon ask for it at the register.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/22/2016 8:27:00 PM

I love this moisturizer!!!! Yes it can come out really water, if shake it before you dispense it, it's fine. It's an oil-free moisturizer, it's water based. BTW I've been using this product for almost 3 months.

I do not use this as a night time moisturizer. In fact the only time I use this moisturizer is if I'm going to put my make up on. It does what it says it does, keeps me matte and I'm not looking like melted butter at the end of the day. I probably would not recommend this product if you're looking for a moisturizer to add moister to the skin. However keep in mind what this product says it does which is: : "keeps skin smooth and shine free all day. ...absorbs oil to maintain a balanced complexion". For me it does exactly what it says it does. Yes technically it's a moisturizer which is why it can be a little confusing as to what is expected from the product, that is if you don't realize what it says it's gonna do.

So shake it up and it won't come out watery. I warm it up in between my hands before I apply it all my face or I mix it with my foundation and apply with a synthetic flat brush. I do notice the smell when I put it on my face but I don't feel like it's a lingering smell it's gone by the time the moisturizer dries. Which dries really fast btw.

Depending on the person, the smell might be a little stong or not. I usually have a sensitive nose, but this product doesn't bother me. It does have aloe vera in it, and that's honestly what the smell reminds me of. It doesn't have any sunscreen though so that a bummer, and I will say that I keep this in my make up bag, so the packaging get dirty really easy, but it's nothing that a make up can't take off.

I've been looking for a good moisturizer for when I wear make up and I honestly feel like this is the one. Now like I said, I don't use this as night time moisturizer, or when I feel like my skin needs a little more moisture (incase you're wondering I use the Picture Perfect Day moisturizer from the same line)

Other then the 2/3 cons I mentioned it's a good moisturizer and I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 8/3/2015 5:48:00 AM

I don't feel like this product lived up to it's claims, and for me, it had absolutely no redeeming qualities.

The consistency is quite thin. Not quite a liquid, but definitely not a cream. I'd say it was a bit more like a lumpy watery gel. As such, the packaging was slightly inappropriate and sometimes the product would come leaking or dripping out. The smell was seriously off-putting. To me it smelt a lot like a guarana drink that had gone off - very sour and unpleasant. I have very oily skin, and I felt like this product did not moisturise my skin. Furthermore, it actually made my skin even oilier at the three-hour mark. I couldn't bear to stick with this product beyond my minimum two-week testing period and threw it out.

If you are looking to buy from the same range and have oily skin, I highly recommend Formula 10.0.6's Picture Perfect Day Moisturiser with SPF 15. It has the advantage of an SPF, smells like a lemon tart, and has a thick gel/cream consistency but very quickly dries to an absolute matte finish.

on 6/25/2015 7:23:00 AM

I tried to give this product a try not once, but twice. Both times I broke out, and I thought the breakout I experienced was due to another product the first time around.

Well, I can say this formula only mattifies the skin for a short time (less than an hour), and then my skin is shiny again. The product is runny as well.

Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin people who are prone to acne

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This isn't a horrible product, just not good for my skin. Yes, it does leave the skin quite matte but I don't think it's moisturizing at all. I need to use a lot of product so my skin doesn't feel dry. I have normal/slightly oily skin and I wouldn't recommend this unless you have very oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It surprises me to see so many bad reviews on this product, but I suppose it is just proof that everyone's skin is different.

I have very, very oily skin, so perhaps, that is why it worked so well for me. I don't have a spot of dry skin on my face. It has taken me years of trying different makeup combinations for me to finally find something that doesn't slide off my face in an hour. So, when I say I have oily skin, do not take that lightly.

Upon first using the product I did notice that it had a thinner consistency than most moisturizers I typically use, but I would never classify it as "runny", and I have never had it simply fall out of the tube. I have also never noticed a bad smell, but I have a deviated septum and have experienced lack of proper smell since I was young.

The first time I applied the product to my face it was very cooling and fresh. It reminded me of cucumbers; I think it is the Aloe. I use this directly after a toner which makes me skin slightly tight, and this takes away most of that tightness to where my skin feels like I just had a facial--healthy tight.

It really does keep my face matte all day. Even if I don't do my usual primer, foundation, powder routine, and just throw a BB Cream on, I notice a significant decrease in oiliness.

Since this product takes me excessively oily skin to fairly normal, I can see how anyone that has any slightly dry areas may be irritated by this product.

For me, however, it is a miracle product. I honestly love it. I feel like I have tried every mattifying moisturizer on the planet, and it is such a relief to finally find one that works.

I highly recommend this product to anyone with very oily skin that has tried several mattifying products to no avail

To anyone with dry areas of skin, I do not know if this product would work for you as it very well might dry out your skin.

As for the consistency and smell, that is something personal that I think affects people different ways.

on 9/29/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me preface this review by saying that I have extremely oily skin, and I don't mind if my face feels tight and dry. This moisturizer does not really give much moister. It actually sucks any sort of oil from my face. The product itself is rather liquidy, and runs all over the place. That being said, a little goes a long way and you wouldn't need anymore than a pea size anyway. I really liked this product because it kept me shine free for a good 7-8 hours, which is more than any other product I've tried. But if you have even the slightest bit of dry skin, STAY AWAY. It will emphasize every flake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this because I generally need something to control the oil on my face during the summer. This product caught my eye at Ulta. I bought it and brouht it right back the very next day. Why? BECAUSE IT SMELLED LIKE BABY VOMIT!!!!! I put it on before my primer and immediately noticed the awful smell. I wanted to give it a chance for the smell to go away though but it never did. A couple of hours later I thought the smell was gone but as soon as I started sweating I smelled it again. Other reviewers are saying it's a strong aloe smell but I've never had a problem with the smell of aloe. I've even used fresh aloe on burns and such and have never had aloe smell like baby vomit. I actually happen to like the smell of aloe. This did not smell of aloe. It smelled horrid. Perhaps, I bought a bad batch but I sure won't be buying this stuff again.

on 5/7/2014 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm one of the few that likes this moisturizer. I'm on my third bottle. I don't use it so much for a moisturizer solely. I use my actual Olay moisturizer first, let that sink in, and then apply this, and I only use it for day. It really mattifies my skin, just like it promises. I have never broken out because of it, I don't feel overly dry, and it doesn't sting my eyes. However, I'm with other reviewers on the smell. It doesn't smell perfumey, but more industrial. We're probably all just smelling the ingredients since there isn't a perfume to cover it. The smell doesn't linger, and I like this product too much to let that temporary smell stop me.

Now, the formula is runny. It's the same with the Best Face Forward cleanser from the same brand. It's watery and takes a little more concentration to make sure it doesn't spill out. A little of this goes a long way, but the consistency sometimes leaves me with a lot more in my hand. However, I found a solution for that actually. I had an empty spray bottle (it was a Stay All Day setting spray, but I used it up). I washed that out and put the moisturizer in there. It's liquid enough to spray through the nozzle without clogging, and it's easier to control. Now it's like a mattifying setting spray plus moisturizer. I just close my eyes and spritz my face, then rub in with my fingertips. It has been much easier to control this way versus trying to find the right tilt angle to keep from losing mass amounts of product. If your only beef with this product is the watery formula, give the spray bottle solution a try.

I will buy this again. The price is phenomenal for a moisturizer, especially because there is so much product. Plus, it leaves me shine free. With a little inventive alteration to the packaging, this is my go-to forsure.