Hard Candy Kitten

Hard Candy Kitten

4.3

on 6/9/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybe lips have different undertones? When I first put this on I saw a pinkish red, but I can see how others might see orange.
It's not as bright red as I was expecting (like the color on the tube) but it's still pretty. Very bright and eye catching. It's very creamy, which can be a plus but in this case it's means it moves around a lot. It also doesn't have a great lasting power.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of my favorite lipsticks and colors! It's so flattering to my pale skin :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This lipstick certainly is an attention-grabber. I agree with the last reviewer-- this is definitely a neon orange-based red, NOT a pinky red. It's definitely worth the price. I agree, not the best formula ever (a bit runny and thin, and the lasting power is laughable), but the color is so gorgeous it's worth constant reapplications.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I put this on for the first time, it made me wanna go "meow". It's sexy and alluring and totally hot. They should re-name this "sex kitten".
The previous reviews all call this a "pinky-red", but on me, is sort of leans a little in the orange direction. Maybe bc I already have fairly pink lips?
I picked this up today, and I wasn't really sure I'd like it, but it goes better with my complexion than the Revlon "really red" (that I picked up for the warm, true red I wanted for the winter) and it even looks a little more 40's-50's bombshell red on me than the Fire & Ice that I bought recently as well. Fire & Ice shows up pretty coral-ly on me but Kitten is really a bit less orange/pink and more on the red side for me. Like all the Painted Ladies, Kitten is smooth, and wears pretty well. I use a little lip primer underneath for extra long wear, but I rarely do that since my primer tends to neutralize my natural pink pigments and come out a bit bolder than I like.
This is a great lipstick, and I'd give it an extra lippie for some of the cutest packaging out of all the Painted Lady l/s if I could.

on 6/1/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is a great neon red color. It's moistening and feels great on the lips, plus it's got a bit of shine to it--not glitter, but a wet look, as if you covered a matte lipstick with a clear gloss. The problem? It wears off really quickly, plus it migrates outside of the lip line. The colors of Hard Candy lipsticks are great, and the packaging is cute--although, it looks cheap, like children's makeup, in my opinion--but it doesn't have any staying power whatsoever. Even with lipliner, it looks like a hot mess in an hour or so!

on 5/20/2010 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I find this lipstick to be very flattering for my fair complexion. It's a pinky red. The tube I have doesn't have any sparkles, though. It feels very much like a lip balm; stains the lips so I still have color even as it wears off a bit during the day. I also love the packaging. It makes me feel happy when I pull it out to reapply. It's just feminine and fun! And it was inexpensive, so those are all pluses in my book!

Kitten #197: This is a Pinky Red w/sparkle. I wasn't sure I would like it. But it applies very sheer on the lips. The color really doesn't build too much so you can reapply like 6 times and still have the same color. With that being said, I do like this color as an everyday get up and go lippie. I would repurchase if I had to...but don't think I'll need to anytime soon. :) Think of this color as benetint w/glimmer and in lipstick form!

Popular Lipsticks