Ponds Clarant B3 Normal to Oily Skin

Ponds Clarant B3 Normal to Oily Skin
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.8

Water, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Triethanolamine, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxy-Dibenzoylmethane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate

on 5/29/2016 12:07:00 PM

I was looking for something to fade my dark spots, moisturize and tone down my facial redness. After the first use, it broke out my normal/dry skin and I had tons of tiny red bumps. I tried it every other day over a two month period and it kept breaking me out and didn't even do what it said it would. Disappointed, I usually love ponds! Would not purchase again :(

on 5/17/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG for me. I was only able to get my hands on the trial size one for normal to dry skin at first. Used it all but as it gets hotter it's just too much moisture for my very very very oily skin. Ordered a double pack of the normal to oily full size jars and am happy to know that they will definitely not go to waste. This version has a lighter mousse texture and is perfect for my skin. Been using it for about 2 weeks now and almost 2 months with both versions. Skin is more even, clear and significantly less redness. A little scary when you first put it on because it seems heavy but it sinks right in and leaves me with matte skin. I have also noticed it controls oil pretty darn well. Since I am cursed with the oiliest skin ever I do still have to blot but even in the 90 plus degree weather we have been having i get a good 6 hours or more of wear before my first blot. I would not recommend this version or the normal to dry version to anyone with dry skin because there is no way they would be moisturizing enough. I also think i will need to switch to the normal to dry one when it gets cold again. Best cream I have ever used and I highly recommend anyone with oily skin to give it a try!

To Read all 80 Reviews, Login or Join

I've always seen Clarant B3 on the bottom shelf at Walgreens and never thought it would work. Instead, Ive bought the Olay products that have niacinamide (b3) in it and they're expensive--$25-$35 and pretty effective at evening out my skin tone (I have freckles and age spots on my cheeks and forehead from suntanning as a teen).

I initially bought the "normal to dry" version and used it for 3 nights and was so impressed that I bought the "normal to oily" version for under my makeup during the day. My skin is more evened out and pearlescent after only 3 uses! I'm so happy that this works AND it's cheap and lasts forever. According to Beautypedia, niacinamide does not break down in the presence of air or light so the huge jar container doesn't really matter. I'm just happy that I don't have to use hydroquinone (wasn't working that well either and made my spots worse it seems) or retinol (also wasn't working that great either and made my skin peel). Clarinet b3 has made my skin plumped, clear, and smooth and I'm excited to continue using it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is about my 5th jar of this thing and it's amazing!! When I apply it, my face is matte for the entire day (I don't wear makeup btw). I also do sports and even after being all sweaty during training, my face is still matte after toweling off (before it was veeeery oily after doing this). My friends have even complemented me on my skin, saying that it's beginning to become smoother and clearer (of dark blemishes). I use this product morning and evening after showering and washing my face with the Simple Triple Action facial wash. This product really is a game changer for me and has become my HG.
p.s I've also tried the dark spot corrector from this brand and, ironically, it made my spots worse.

on 2/9/2016 5:51:00 AM

i loved it @ first but then it gave me melasma on my cheekes .

on 1/26/2016 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely love it...helps reduce oil and really does clear up acne and evens out skin tone.... RECOMMENDED!!!!!!

I'm disappointed because I typically love ponds products...in fact, ponds dry skin cream has helped clear my acne up SO well (weird, I know...but somehow it just works). I ran across this in Walmart and considering I still have some hyperpigmentation from past breakouts I decided to give it a try. After two days my skin has broken out TERRIBLY and it seems to make my skin look red and worse. My skin has been pretty clear and under control for a while now and because this is the only thing I've added/changed in my regimen I'm assuming this is the culprit. I'm throwing it away...but I will continue to use the dry skin cream.

on 9/24/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE using ponds for my skin I originally found this at walmart in a sample size so I figured why not give it a try?

I got it on a trip to where I was in colder weather at the time and it really helped keep my skin hydrated. So much in fact I ran out and had to go out and find a full size jar.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My son's little friend--her mom told me about this cream...my skin is oily...so it's an oily mess and that's putting it nicely--ANYWAY...I started using it... and some amazing stuff began to happen.
First, I quit breaking out....? Idk how that all works but it's true. My skin stopped breaking out. My face is still oily but not as bad. And my hyperpigmentation is starting to even out slowly but surely :-)
this cream is also different from other facial creams and lotions I have used. It doesn't make me look greasy---on the contrary: after I apply this cream it dries to a matte finish. No icky greasies!!! Just lovely matte skin!!!
I can't believe it!!! All due to a little cream????
After the first 3 days--I went out to get the 7 oz. Size---since all I had was the 1.75 oz. Size, the travel/trial size..... I also noticed that the Normal to Dry Version of this cream is different from the Normal to oily version....the normal to dry version is liquidy......you can shake it around in the container....the normal to oily version is solid...it is more mousse....more of a souffle. Not liquidy. I bought both in a 7 oz. size and I'm currently looking at buying at 14.75 oz one from a Polynesian store so I can compare them all and use it on my body.
I Found this cream at Walmart in the travel sizes section for $1.50 for 1.75 oz AND I found the full size 7 oz size for $8.97....more at other stores. I also found a huge 14.75 oz version for $15...I think I am going to buy this one as well and use it all over my body ;-)
I am so, so happy to have this cream. I never dreamed it would make such a big Difference!!! A big thanks to Jocelyn for telling me about this cream!!!!
Edit 9/27/15-- my face is STILL clear?? It cleared up my face when all I was looking for was it to get rid of hyperpigmentation?? I am now starting to use this on my elbows and areas I was badly sunburned this past summer. I have hope it will work...

on 9/15/2015 1:33:00 PM

This product is great! I am out in the sun a lot and despite having an olive skin tone and tanning quite easily, I started getting dark spots (melasma) on my nose, my cheeks, and above my top lip. It was getting more noticeable and I knew I had to do something. I also have very sensitive, oily skin so I wanted to be careful with what I tried. Ponds has been amazing. I've been using this product for 3 months and have noticed GREAT results. The redness in my skin has dramatically decreased and the brown spots on my face have all but disappeared. Now, I am also more diligent with sun protection for my face when I go outside, but I'm fully convinced it's also due to this Ponds cream and I will continue to use it and recommend for anyone who is dealing with an uneven skin tone- definitely my HG!