Laura Mercier Bon Bon

3.5

on 3/1/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Now I love the formula of Laura Mercier Lip Glacés however I can't lie - they don't really last long on my pout :( kind of defeats the purpose of such an expensive lip product. Bon Bon is like a milky watermelon pink, it's not packed with crazy pigment but it's almost semi opaque on my lips, I love pairing this with MAC Freckletone to warm it up on days I feel it looks too bleak. Would I repurchase ? Probably not, nothing too bad about this lip Glacé but the price tag is quite overhyped if I'm honest.

on 2/7/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a Chanel Glossimer girl, and super picky about glosses, but the LM glosses are quite nice! This one, bonbon, is a gorgeous milky peachy pink with no shimmer. It's not sticky, has a nice scent (vanilla). This one is opaque enough to offer some color on its own and it will be nice on top of coral lipsticks this summer. (as there is no shimmer). On a side note, ordered Bellini at the same time, and it smelled bad (had a strange scent bonbon did not have).... Also the way these are designed, it appears the gloss doesn't get on the wand and make a mess - love that....

on 6/27/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss!!! I have very pigmented lips so I avoid wearing lip gloss alone...but when I tried this..wow..I've never seen my lips look so nice and it actually adapts to my lip color and made it look more healthy and less dark. I love love love the scent..like marshmallows..:) I love that it's not sticky and lightweight..the color suits me so well..I was a bit hesitant to buy it at first co'z I thought it would only look good on fair skinned women but when I tried it it looks so nice....it's packaging was also nice though it's kinda heavy for a gloss container...
pro's:
lovely color that suits all skin tones
not too sticky or heavy
pigmented for a gloss
nice packaging

con's:
a bit pricey

Overall I reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllyyyyy love this...<3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Im giving this 3 lippies only because its a pretty coral color, but unfortunately the formula is horrible, too watery and after 15 minutes its gone, my first and last gloss from LM.

on 9/22/2010 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This color made me look like a whore. It is bubblegum pink (something I m may have worn in high school) and looks terrible. Thats all I have to say.

on 5/9/2010 11:27:00 AM

I went to the Laura Mercier makeup counter at Nordstrom with the intention of getting a lipstick I had seen on someone else recently. After trying it on I hated how pale it made me look. The lady at the counter suggested I give "Bon Bon" a try. I did and I'm IN LOVE! This is my first lip gloss from Laura Mercier and I have to say that I was quite impressed. It's not sticky and it has a nice sweet smell to it. I usually buy Chanel or NARS lipglosses but I was pleased with this lipgloss. The gloss is a nice coral-pink color that I believe would look great on any skin tone.